“Seaworld Explorer Sea And See Tour”
Review of Seaworld Explorer

Seaworld Explorer
Ranked #57 of 128 Tours in Nassau
More attraction details
Owner description: A cruise up the harbor past houses of the rich and famous such as Tiger Woods and Oprah. By Athol Island you will board the semi submarine where you will tour the reefs and meet all the fish courtesy of our knowledgeable guide who knows them all by name such as Henry and George! Meanwhile the captain will create a feeding frenzy by sharing his sandwich with the fish. A must do tour!
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We did this tour in August 2012 and was very disappointed. The best bit of the trip was the guide on the boat out to the semi-Submarine ( Slim ). The land based part of the tour was boring and we did not see anything worth getting on the bus for. I would not bother paying the price just walk into the town and save your money.

1  Thank Mpa88
gilesshaxted, Manager at Seaworld Explorer, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

I am glad you enjoyed part of the tour at least.

The bus and city tour are no different from how it is described in our print material or with the cruiselines information. Sorry you didn't enjoy it but you have to agree it is what we say it is going to be. If it wasn't right for you then I am sorry but there is not much we can do about that.
It is by far our most popular tour with cruise ships and is almost always enjoyed by everyone.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Nassau and had a great vacation overall.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We did what is known as the Sea and See Tour through our cruise. The first part was the sub, and the second part was a tour around Nassau in a van. I'm going to review both, because I can't seem to find

The trip out to the sub was one of the highlights of our entire trip. Slim should do the whole tour. He was funny and informative, something that none of the other tour guides were. We saw absolutely great sights going out to the sub site. The tour guide on the sub was knowledgeable, but he made the same jokes over and over and over again. Outside the bad jokes, the view was outstanding. We saw lots and lots of fish at the three locations we visited, and even a few sea turtles.

One of the coolest things happened on the way back from the sub, as we saw a large stingray breach the water behind the boat. It got a good 5-6 feet out of the water.

I won't talk about the second part of the tour, except to say that I wouldn't do that part of the tour again, but I would have no problem doing this tour again.

5  Thank Mr_Nobody13
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Very happy to hear you enjoyed our boats.

If you would like to expand on how you think the land portion of the tour could be improved feel free to email me giles@seaworldtours.com and we can work on it. We use an outside company for the land portion, they often do a great job but I always like to fine tune and improve wherever I can.

Thanks for the review.

Giles

Reviewed May 14, 2012

First of all, Slim (our guide to the sub boat) was very funny and informative! He will teach you the local culture and everything you need to know about how to "par-tah." The entire experience was very pleasant, overall. We enjoyed seeing the sights under the sea. The tour was well organized and worth the money. We were on the MOS cruise and booked our excursion through Royal Caribbean - very easy! The Seaworld guide met us at our ship and we walked about 5 minutes in an orderly fashion as a group to the boat that took us out to the Seaworld Explorer.

3  Thank OverTheFLRainbow
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Slim must think we have an employee of the month award, he keep showing guests a good time and telling them how to par-tay.

He will be very disappointed if i don't have a badge ready for him. :)

Thanks for the review and we're happy you enjoyed your tour and cruise!!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

This tour was great. It came at the end of an 8 day cruise and we were all a little tired, but still wanted to get out and do something. The first boat picked us up and gave us a quick tour of Paradise Island before meeting up with the semi sub boat. You descend into the belly of the boat where you get to sit and relax and watch all of the underwater activity. We went to 3 reefs and were introduced to many different fish (not fishes!) and a hawk billed turtle. The tour guide (I wish I could remember his name) was very engaging and really, really funny. I did get a little nauseous (the fault of my own delicate stomach and nothing to do with the skills of the driver of the boat) and was grateful for the fresh air by the end of the trip, so I would recommend that you take some ginger with you if you are prone to motion sickness.

Sara,
The tour guide on the Semi Submarine was likely Donnie, on the Catamaran it's normally Slim (Leron) .. both get accused of being entertaining and funny but Slim says it was probably him you liked most :)

Very happy to here we helped end your vacation on a high note!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

This was part of a tour we booked with a cruise. The second part was a tour of the city. The seaworld explorer was a very nice tour. You take a boat from the dock to the semi sub. Along the way the tour guide points of famous homes and other info. The semi sub view of the ocean floor and fish was great.

gilesshaxted, Manager at Seaworld Explorer, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

We are glad you had a great time. Everyday is different and fun and special but our goal is always the same to give everyone a great time and it's great to know we succeeded. Thanks for taking the time to review us.