“If your on a budget”
Review of Towne Hotel

Towne Hotel
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I don't really recommend staying in downtown but if you you do this is an almost decent place and it's pretty cheap. The staff was not friendly, the free breakfast was not very good. The lobby was very nice and offered free wi-fi. The pool was tiny and super cute. Your a few blocks from the beach and some nice restaurants. Loud local children were always around. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChuckDylan

Reviewed June 18, 2012

What a surprise when our taxi pulled up to this little hotel in downtown Nassau. It was exactly what we were expecting. Atmosphere with flags outside, quaint and CONVENTIENT !!!!

We could walk to everything, even the local grocery. Don't be late, it closes at 6:00 and everyone in the shops seem to leave at that time.

Getting back to the hotel, it was very clean, the pool was not the cleaness, but you have the ocean. Breakfast was included and good. Best of all, it was the island decor and most of all, Max, the Blue and Gold Macaw met you in the lobby. He loves people food, but don't feed him cheese, the owner does not like that. (Parrots do like cheese and the calcium is good for them, but I didn't own the bird, I only breed parrots for 25 years !) Have fun and go with the flow!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, there was noise, but an election celebration was happening until 12:00...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NewtonChapin
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Book another hotel - It's just not worth it..

I booked the room at hotels.com and taxes and all charges was included, we thought. The owner had us pay an extra 22$ for "tax" on the actual room price of 89$. The only reason we payed it was that we arrived very late and had no other place to go.

The room was just awful - an aircon that didn't work, dirty toilette and high noises from the big road next to the hotel buildning are some examples.

Save your self some trouble and book another hotel,

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dennis123123
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The towne hotel was okay. The room was a bit out of date but what can you expect with the low rate? One thing I did not like is that I booked through Hostels.com and the hotel ran my credit card through without my knowledge before I got there. This was not what was explained to me on Hostels.com. The site said I would be paying the balance upon arrival but the hotel went ahead and charged my card without my knowledge (after I had already placed the deposit on my card through Hostel.com). I did not appreciate this as I was not going to pay for the balance on my credit card. It was a bit strange that they did that and it felt sneaky. I had a discussion with the woman who processed it and she didn't seem to care. Otherwise it was a fine stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank travelingxy7
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We did not have reservations when we arrived, due to the Arawak Inn screwing up our reservations, but the Towne Hotel got us a room after about an hour. The room was very clean and not a bed bug in sight in the very comfy bed. It's not the Hilton, but that's not our style! We like the smaller type hotels. The breakfast was sausage (cold), cheese, breads and hard boiled eggs. We went to the Dunkin around the corner! The location was great, close to Bay St. (which is crowded with cruise ship-type people). We walked all over town and never felt unsafe. People are friendly and warm. It has a nice courtyard with a small dipping pool and a 3rd floor sundeck. The staff was very friendly and the bartender (yes they have their own bar!) was great! I would stay again!

Room Tip: 3rd floor room was very nice!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wc901
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I was in the towne hotel on the 24th of Feb just for one night, because i did not have any hotel booked and unfortunately I did not get my suitcase for the first night.. I asked at the info desk at the nassau apt to give me some info about a good and cheap accomodation in Nassau and the lady suggested me to go there. The staff was nice, do not expect european style, however they go extra mile to help you. But the hotel was absolutely dirty and cockroaches everywhere. It is understandable that there is very hot but is not an excuse, besides they overcharged me, something like 50/60 US dollars more.
I will never go back there!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank roberta1986
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Hotel is located in Nassau centre,very close to the Hilton.
You are 2 minutes away from bay shopping street. Getting to paradise with a taxi is 15 dollars.
In the room is not easy to find a plug.
There is no hairdrier.
Rooms are pretty clean, from time to time you may get some problems with mosquitoes.
Breakfast is eggs,bread,sAusages,mArmelade,the and milk up to 10 in the morning.
Due to their price policy I would get back.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank MaverickR1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 36 in Nassau

Been to Towne Hotel? Share your experiences!