“Do this instead of EXPENSIVE cruise expeditions”

Blue Hole Watersports
Ranked #13 of 120 Tours in Nassau
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Canton, Ohio
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Do this instead of EXPENSIVE cruise expeditions”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My sister and I went on a cruise last summer, and we wanted to do something adventurous. However, the cruise expeditions are SO EXPENSIVE! After doing a little bit of searching, I found Blue Hole Watersports online. Basically, we went on an hour and a half long snorkel for $55 per person--a real steal. It is a very small yellow business located on the beach of one of the hotels just near the ports. We went out on a boat with one other family, who actually was from Canada. They provide all of the equipment you need AND a complimentary beverage. Our guide drove us beside of Atlantis and told us some info about it. We were supposed to go to two dive sites, but he gave us extra time at just one because the sea was very rough that day (Carnival cancelled all of their expeditions!). It was a fantastic, intimate experience we will never forget, and I will recommend it to anyone! The family we were with had three small children, so it is a great family activity!

Visited August 2012

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“The best snorkelling we experienced on our curise.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was on a Carnival Cruise and decided to book my own independent snorkelling tour because my wife and I are experienced and do not like snorkelling with the tourist crowd. We liked the thought that we would be only 2 of 4 passengers on this boat. We arrived early and were greated by Basil. The other couple who booked cancelled last minute therefore we were provided our own personal snorkelling tour and treated to an early departure. Basil was very friendly. He took us through the Atlantis marina which was a site to see with the Hotels, villas, mansions and yachts. We then went out to amazing reef where we saw many fish, a healthy reef and best of all a Sea Turtle. The sad part was the seas were rough that day therefore we had to cut our tour short due to some un-timely sea sickness. We still had a great time and would certainly recommend Basil and Blue Hole WaterSports.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous snorkeling tour! Very professional service.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

After reading reviews of the snorkeling tours offered by the cruise line, I decided to book independently with Blue Hole Watersports. It turned out to be the BEST experience. There were four people plus the captain, Mark. We had a great time. Mark was very pleasant, shared interesting history and facts about the area and took us to a couple fabulous spots with lots of gorgeous reef fish. Truly Spectacular. I was traveling solo and he made me feel very comfortable, every time I surfaced and looked over to the boat I could see that he was diligently watching out for each of us. We had a great time, fabulous snorkeling, learned some interesting facts, and had a few laughs as well. Hope to go back again sometime!

HACKETT
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“AMAZING snorkeling tour!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We came to Nassau on a cruise ship and had a tour booked with another company. However, my ignorance about the time difference between the boat and local time caused us to miss it. We found the Ministry of Tourism, and they pointed us to Blue Hole. I am SO thankful they did. Not only did we get to enjoy the beautiful beach while we waited, but when time came for our tour, we had a WONDERFUL time. It was January, so the water was a bit cold....but other than that, the tour was PERFECT. Mark (I believe) took us out on a small boat (it ended up being just my husband and I) to two beautiful reefs. They gave us snorkel equipment and out we went. We saw amazing reefs and TONS of fish! He even drove us around the Atlantis and told us all about the local area. It was a great experience!

High Point NC
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“SO GREAT, WE CAME BACK THE NEXT YEAR!! BOOK DIRECTLY!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We cruise each year with our kids & in August of 2011, docked in Bahamas. Went inside and looked at snorkeling brochures. We chose Blue Hole because our last name is Blue! SO GLAD we did. It was a short walk from the dock, past Senor Frogs & on the beach at the Colonial Hilton!! Basil is so accomodating and helpful!! There are 6 of us and we had hoped not to be with a huge group. When we got there, not only was the price $20 a person cheaper than the other tours but we had our own boat. That trip was so awesome, when we took our Carnival cruise in August of 2012, We headed right back to Blue Hole. It was even better this year!! Basil gave my stepdaughter a pink mask (how thoughtful), we had our own boat again, he took us to an AMAZING reef, the sun was our and the water was clear. BREATHTAKING!! We will ONLY use Basil every time we visit.

Visited August 2012