“Great Manager..loved it”

Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
montreal
“Great Manager..loved it”
Reviewed May 6, 2007

Just came back from from a stay at the Grand Central. Curtis the hotel manager was great..he gave my wife and I wonderful tips for local restaurants and nightlife...the rooms were very nice and clean...location was perfect, can't wait to go back and see Curtis and his wonderful staff at the Grad Central.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank jacksonMontreal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
florida
Reviewed January 15, 2007

I stayed at this hotel to watch the Junkanoo carnival. When I booked the room online, the manager wrote me right back and confirmed my booking. It is a average hotel but it is very clean and the staff is very friendly. After checking the prices of other hotels, this was definately worth the price. Perfect location, right downtown. This hotel was great for me.

Stayed December 2006
2 Thank picnic44
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 18, 2006

I stayed at the Grand Central Hotel in January of this year and was disappointed.

There were no amenities in the rooms except for an empty water goblet and a few plastic cups. If you wanted a cup of tea or coffee or needed to use a microwave you had to go downstairs to the reception area. I expected to have an iron and ironing board in the room however when I went to the receptionist I was given an iron (no board) and told to return the iron when I was through.

The room itself wasn't bad but after walking barefooted on the carpet the same night I arrived and ending up with very dark and dirty soles, I realised that the carpet wasn't cleaned or shampooed in quite a long time. I wore slippers the rest of the stay.

The bathroom fittings were old and in need of replacing. The pipe in the face basin dripped constantly but quietly. The maid came in every day to change the bath towels and mats.

The only redeeming point about this hotel is that it is situated just off the main street of the city, within walking distance to duty free shops, restaurants and supermarket,and so transportation is not an issue.

It was definitely overpriced as I have stayed in other islands for less and had better acccomodation.

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank chankagirl

Travelers are raving about these Nassau hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 15, 2004

I recently visited the bahamas on a trip with a friend of mine, we were originally staying at a big expensive hotel on the beach. This was great except the cost of the hotel was killing us, we had to limit our food and drink because of cost. Then one day we were visiting downtown Nassau when we saw The Grand Central Hotel. We spoke to the manager and he gave us a great deal. We were right downtown for the night life and only five minutes away from the beach. Not only that but we were able to use the other big hotels fascilities. The staff was honest and friendly and we had a super time. I really recomend this hotel for anyone heading to Nassau. The manager is a Canadian guy and he will take care of you. Good luck

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member