“Its NASTY!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Massachusetts, USA
“Its NASTY!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

Booked Guanahani Village for our last night in Bahamas as our Timeshare at Atlantis was only friday to friday and we left on Saturday. Let me just say as soon as we pulled in the parking lot i wanted to leave. I gave it the benefit of the doubt because it was already paid for but whenever i saw the villa I was mortified. It was old run down and not even clean. Not to mention we had NO HOT WATER!!!! When my other party arrived we both agreed that we just couldn't stay there even if it was only for one night. We asked for our money back and we got it very easily without any arguing. We then hopped in a cab and went to the Hilton. Hilton was very nice although the pool wasn't nice and the beach was ridiculous. If I ever go to Nassau I would only go to Atlantis an no where else. Its like night and day no comparison. Save your money and go to Paradise Island.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2007

Myself,husband and 11 year old daughter stayed at this place from 7/02/07 - 07/06/07 we were so upset that i even called to try and get a early flight out in two days after we were there. At first glance we knew we were in for it my husband didn't say much for 2 days one can't blame him. We spent most of the days near the straw market and touring the Atlantis which is where we will stay the next time you live and learn this was our second time back in the Bahamas. I'M telling do not stay here you will be very upset once you arrive we had more fun in Florida before we got to the Bahamas than anything. The place is very big but nothing and i do mean nothing to be desired the beach is very small and..........you know i'm so upset writing this i can't even fininsh i hope you get the message. TAKE MY ADVICE AND THIS IS FROM A MOM WHO CARES VERY MUCH DON'T TAKE LOVED ONE TO THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank tlgtp

Travelers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2007

PROS: The floor plan of the three bedroom oceanfront villas is very spacious. The location is good and the views of the beautiful turquoise ocean are great.

CONS: The whole complex is about 20 years past its best. You arrive from the main road through an entrance shared with a building site, and the Guanahani looks terrible. The Units look in poor repair outside and the insides are a lot worse than the shabby exteriors suggest. The kitchens and bathrooms are awful, old, tired and depressing. We had cockroaches inside the unit and saw the occasional rat outside. The pool is a mangy old earn infection waiting to happen.

We made the most of our visit and used the villa has a cheap home on a brief diving vacation. The space was great for cleaning several sets of scuba gear but if you are going there for a beach vacation DON’T bother. On the plus side they have started gutting the units for refurbishment, with one unit finished thus far. Maybe when they get the complex renovated by 2009 it might be worth a visits but until then stay well away.

• Liked — Floor plan, and leaving.
  • Disliked — Cockroaches.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank mjs020294
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2007

Guanahani Village....what can I say...just like all the "would be" travelers that would arrive at the "Guanahani Village" for a week or so I was also one who read the reviews...some were pretty decent...but some made me wonder..."Hey did I make the wrong choice...??"...unfoutunatley I found "Trip advisor" after I already booked the condo...and I was the one who made all the arrangements for my friends and I...so after reading all the reviews I was a bit weary...a little worried...I even thought about changing the bookings at the last minute because I didn't want to be the one to blame for when the condo looks like crap...(from the reviews that is..)...So this review will be detailed for all you readers out there who are at the same predictiment I was;)...

Guanahani Village was absoultly beautiful..I stayed at the Ocean view condo 10...I went there with 5 friends...so the split of the 5 day stay there was about a little less than 300 a piece...60 a night!!! can't beat that...When you drive into the grounds your like...ehhh wheres the beautiful scenery at..?? but once you go inside the complex a little deeper thats when you start to see a little bit of paradise...the rooms itself were pretty decent...everything in the house works...from plumbing to t.vs to central air...no complaints at all...beds were cleaned...towels were on the racks...everything like a hotel but in the comfort of a home..(A PLUS) once you look outside towards the ocean then you know you made a good choice...The view is amazing!!! and I read that many other vistors complained about a "small" beach...its small but its quiet....your personal paradise...if your like my friends and I you would definately enjoy the peace of mind that there aren't lots of people with towels laid out all over the beach...(but hey some people like to look at others)...for us it was totally comforting to know that we could leave our towels along with our beach bags filled with misc. things...digital camera etc. on the beach and not have people around your things trying to get in your bag...most of the time it was less than 10 ppl on the beach...Ahhh relaxing,,,,as for the pool area thats nice too...especially at night when all are asleep and we're out there in the pool area sipping on some drinks after closing time...( not reccomended :)...but hey we did it anyway...(central air disguises any noise) ...now there are plently of nearby restaurants...but hey we have a kitchen!!! why not all chip in and buy groceries at the local "CITY MARKET" and cook together and have dinner on the outdoor patio...but I must warn you prices there are much higher than in the states...EX. doritos the 2.99 bag is 6.29!!! a carton of O.J (Non Generic) is like 6.59!! wow its an arm and a leg..but its alot of fun when your playing chef and bartender-=) I would reccomend the Guanahani Village to others...its a nice relaxing expierence from the hustle and bustle of the hotels...you have alot more time to spend with the other people you came with...any questions feel free to contact me...just a few weeks ago I was just as clueless as you...-=) enjoy the pics I took them with thoughts of others just like me who want the "real deal"...btw I stillhave no idea on where to purchase calling cards...at the villa its .99 a min...

• Liked — The clear blue waters...quiet beach area...far from any public beach...great guests and an amazing view
  • Disliked — They are upgrading so construction is a tad bit annoying...but hey who stays in the villa/hotel/room when your on vacation...up by dawn and in before dawn..-=)
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
5 Thank Mommiejaja
Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2007

We stayed at Guanahani Village May 23-30 in villa #3 with an ocean view and thought it was great. We went with another couple and had a very relaxing time. If you are expecting a 5 star resort I wouldn't stay here, but if you want a comfortable place to stay it was perfect. It had lots of room and the view of the water from every room was beautiful. We brought a suitcase of food with us and were glad we did because the groceries were so expensive there.We also bought the 5 gallons of water and bag of ice from them. You will need it. I also thought it was in a great location. We took the bus almost every where we went or else we walked. We had breakfast on the balcony every morning with a couple of doves.The pool was very nice and the beach is small but clean. Overall I think it is a perfect getaway spot.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Sleeping arrangement
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank MOMVermont
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2007

The condos are old and worn. Cracked paint. Rust on fixtures. Appliances work poorly or not at all. Our freezer didn't get cold enough to make ice. Pool is okay, but the beach is tiny. They make no effort to clear the mounds of seaweed which wash up on shore. The only positive was that the staff were polite and friendly.

• Liked — That we were there only 5 days.
  • Disliked — The condo was in general disrepair.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank drhoops
Kokomo, IN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2007

My sisters and I stayed at Guanahani Village in April of 2007. This was our first 'sisters trip'. We booked through my daughter's timeshare, so the cost was not bad. We were disappointed the day we got there when our room wasnt ready. Check in is at 4:00 and it wasn't ready until 5:00. The room had 3 bedrooms, 3 baths and kitchen, living and dining area. We felt the room was not clean, especially the carpet, which was filthy. They did explain that they didn't clean it because it would have been wet for us, but felt we could have worked around this. They furnish very little of the necessities, paper towel and toilet paper, and were WAY short of the towels and washcloths needed. (the room could hold 7 people and they had enough towels for 2. When we asked for more, instead of bringing plenty, they brought a few and then did not want to trade them on Wednesday(the usual towel and trash day for timeshares). We had to call maintance to fix our patio doors which were off the track or very hard to open and close.
You are definitely off the beaten path here and a lot of the times there was not a decent sidewalk to walk on. The buses are great and stop just about anywhere to pick you up for $1.
The beach at the hotel was very small or nonexistent. The pool was nice and decent temperature. We had a great view of the ocean which was beautiful! If you want to go to this area, I recommend Paradise Island. It seemed much cleaner and the hotels seemed to have much nicer beaches and the stores stayed open later.

• Liked — Nice large room with plenty of bedrooms and baths
  • Disliked — cleanliness and service
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Compass Point Beach Resort
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Been to Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach? Share your experiences!