Poor is probably a little unfair, but average would too be misleading for consumers. So, here's the good, bad and ugly for my rating.
Staff is very nice. They do go the extra mile to try to make you comfortable and to enjoy your stay. We did not come across any staff that was not helpful, and that does go a long way in feeling at home when you are traveling.
The unit was very roomy. Great for spreading out with family and friends. Kitchen was well equipped for cooking and the full size refrigerator was awesome. Great to have washer and dryers in the unit as well. If the property were to be upgraded with the right amenities - the rooms and decks have awesome structure (bones), and it could really be an incredible property.
The beach is greatly affected by the tide. It was not really a walkable beach while we were there. There were always rocks that would have to be crossed to go down either way. So, you may not get those long walks on the white sand unless you go down the street and walk on one of the longer stretches of cable beach. Although the ocean is pretty here and very swimmable.
Noise: We had a big problem with noise in our unit. The windows are in bad need of replacement, so you can really hear what is going on outside (as if it's in your room). We were in unit 11, which was in close proximity to the bar. We had to complain on 3 different nights to security, about the excessive loud music, and partying, well after midnight. It always took more than one call to the security officer to get them to do anything at all. We chose to stay in a condo (as we normally do) for the peace and quiet it provides, but do not expect to have that here!
Ants: Ants were very bad in the kitchen, and we are spotless housekeepers. Nothing on the counters, nothing left in the sink, you get the picture. Ants would crawl into the dishwasher, looking for food. They also had a problem with flying termites (that's what they called them. We put a sack of potatoes under the counter and a couple days later, we had a bug problem. So, just be aware you may have to ask them to spray. To be fair, ants are a common problem on many islands, but not usually in the dishwasher...
Room: The rooms were spacious. Furniture okay. Beds, very comfortable - but the ones on the top floor squeak when you move on them. The air-conditioning was a problem for us. The top floor stays hot, or the middle floor freezes. There's not really any way to get the temperature on the two top levels where everyone can be happy. They did try by taping one vent off with cardboard, and closing vents in another room and although we survived, it did not make it comfortable for everyone.
Property: You may be put off by the condition of the property maintenance. Again, generally the bones are there for a nice place. Just, during our stay, they needed to pressure wash the walkways, pool deck, patio chairs (everything). Pool was clean and nice although small. And, there was a lack of pretty landscaping, just a little scrubby looking. With a little TLC, could be awesome.
I agree with the viewers not to book the garden villas. Unit 11- does not have an ocean view on the main level, only a view of the ugly pool snack shack (just so you know if you're booking). Some rooms are ocean view, but not but a couple are ocean front. If you know what to expect, you might be pretty happy staying here - if the price is right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. It will reopen in November 2017. Blue Water Resort is a tropical escape. Relax in spacious three-bedroom ocean or garden villas. Step outside and enjoy the island breeze and sounds of the unending waves. Play tennis onsite or jump into the beautiful ocean-side pool. Treat yourself to the excitement of the nearby casino, go deep-sea fishing or put on your snorkel and fins. At night, visit Da Sand Bar & Grill for dinner, or visit the bright lights of Paradise Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Water Resort On Cable Beach Hotel Nassau
- Blue Water Hotel
- Blue Water Nassau
- Bahamas Guanahani Village
- Guanahani Village
- Blue Water Resort On Cable Beach Bahamas/Nassau