Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach
Travelocity
$355
$300
Hyatt.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed in villa No 7 facing the pool/ocean. Room was ok except for Internet Connection which was terrible. We asked the staff about it but they just came up with excuses and there is the biggest problem with this place - the staff! They are lazy and tired and show no interest in heling or serving. We asked them several times for help with the safe deposit box in our room and they said that they would send someone over but no one ever showed up.
Information on the web about the hotel is outdated and in some cases wrong.
Don't expect much otherwise you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Overall the stay was a lot of fun, mostly because the resort was pretty slow, my group of 9 easily found our own space on the pool deck and beach. If it was more crowded it could have been a different story.

The buildings are old and a little in need of repair... But really thats a lot of the bahamas. Unless you are going to fork out a ton of money for Sandals or Atlantis, you can expect that every where. The villas themselves are nice, a/c works well, good selection of tv channels and very spacious. We enjoyed the big dining area for cards and drinking games and meals. Kitchen has nice appliances and has all you need for the most part.

We had garden view rooms, the front of the villa faces the parking lot and the back a nice garden area by way of a spacious private patio. We were in 22, I would ask for anything under 24 or so. The higher number ones wrap around to the street and they could be noisy.

The staff were all friendly and nice, they even let us have a 1200 checkout. There are a few decent places in walking distance: couple of delis, bakeries, booze store, grocery, pharmacy. Getting around town is easy on the bus for 1.25 a person, but they stop at 7pm, so taxis needed after that. Sbarro, dominoes, and a place called Mias all deliver as well. Ice makers in freezer arent connected, you can request ice for 4.50 a bag or so, same with gallons of water. We ended up buying gallons of water from the pharmacy for cheaper.

Pool is pretty nice, warm, patio area is so so but still had a blast hanging out on it.

They failed to advertise that the tiki bar is closed until further notice which kind of sucked. No issues bringing your own drinks and food down to the pool.

Beach area is small but somewhat private, random locals with jet skis will come up to offer rides, we haggled one guy down to get my family all turns on. No randoms walking the beach at least peddling sketchy items.

If you are looking for more of a immersed feel in Nassau, this place isnt too bad, if you are looking for the one stop shop with meals and drinks, look elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank John M
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Most reviews are right on the money. I want to give this place a better review but I can not.
We stayed here for one night on the way to one of the out islands.
Blue Water Resort is about a 15 minute cab ride ($25 dollars) from the airport. It is in a good location on West Bay St. with Mega Resorts within walking distance to the left and many shops and restaurants also within walking distance to the right.
Reception was friendly and helpful. Our room was not ready until about 3:30. We were allowed to keep our bags at the reception desk while we went exploring the area.
They gave us condo #11 which faces the pool and beach.
First and third floor patios with the same nice view. There is also another first floor patio at the front of the condo with a grill.

It is spacious and has a full kitchen.
We thought the private pool and beach area (with Tiki Bar) were very pleasant.
Depending on what you can tolerate this is where the difference is between Blue Water and higher rated condos.
It is in need of a lot of work.
All the screens leading out doors were a struggle to open and would fall off the track.
I guess the philosophy here is renovations as needed. You could find one new fixture or lamp in the same room with fixtures or lights that were 10-20 years old. (not really interested in up grading everything at the same time!)
I guess I could go on about the inside but other people already have.
Bottom Line: Descent accommodations at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RochesterTacky
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place offers spacious condo style rooms with plenty of space. While the condo's are spacious and feature multiple bedrooms, multiple bathrooms, a living room and a fully functional kitchen, the rooms also lack a modern decor. The rooms were clean, but lacked the Bahamian charm. That said, the room was extremely reasonably priced given the cost of other hotels on the island.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alana W
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We rented a Blue Water Resort Ocean View Condo for 7 nights in April for my daughter’s wedding next door at Sandals. A total of 22 family and friends made the trip and stayed in several different locations. I spent A LOT OF TIME comparing and looking over the different options close to Sandals. Come to find out – Sheraton and Wyndham were a lot farther down the street than Blue Water. I really liked the idea that my entire family could all stay together.
We had six stay with us and we enjoyed watching movies and playing card games around the table with others who came to visit. We all (including the visitors) thought our place was great. They actually had complaints about where they were staying.

The kitchen was well stocked with anything you might want to make. There were plenty of dishes, cooking utensils, bowls etc. and it was nice to have a refrigerator, oven, microwave for whatever we wanted to do. We went to the grocery store up the street –it was City Market or Quality Market well - it was the closest one. We took one of our suitcases (with wheels) with us to make the trip back easier. I packed a cooler bag for drippy stuff. From another review, we took several easy to travel items with us. As others said groceries are expensive. Some ideas – Picnic salt and pepper (I couldn't find them at the store and had to buy big containers). Save those travel size ketchup, mustard and mayo. I used 3 oz travel size bottles for olive oil, a zip lock bag of coffee, pasta, my friend brought some spices and with the chicken breast we bought and browned in the skillet we had a wonderful chilled pasta salad that served us and several of our friends. We brought some instant oatmeal, cereal bars, snack bars (these are very expensive). We made a salad, bought some fruit and juice milk and a box of cereal. We kept it light and had everything we needed. There is also a grill outside if you want to buy charcoal. I tried to think a little ahead because I didn't want to leave a lot of things there and I didn't want to get stuck eating out the entire week.

The Jitney bus is a great adventure. The #10 bus will carry you downtown. We rode the bus until it stopped (downtown) and looked around. (The Straw Market is one of the “Must Sees” but it was too crowded for me. Across from the Sheraton is a smaller version.) We found a little restaurant in an alley where ate a $5 lunch. Later on, the wedding party and guests met for dinner at Senior Frogs which wasn't what I call really “a local” place but it was a lot of fun. Have the bus driver point out the “Fish Fry” another “Must See” or I guess I should say “Must Dine” before you leave. It’s between downtown and Blue Water. There you have an endless choice of food.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They would call you a taxi or help you with anything you wanted to know. There is a book at the coffee table we found very helpful with a lot of information.

When we arrived, the staff was finishing up cleaning the unit and we saw them mopping the floor. So the place was clean. When you walk around and the sand and whatever else – yes your feet get darker. My daughter (staying in the Sandals Resort) said her place did the same thing to her feet. Wear flip flops if you’re worried it.

You get towels for the unit and it is your responsibility to wash them. Remember this is a rental. The City Market sells a small bag of laundry powder for about $1.50. The washer/dryer is in the closet on the back porch. It worked fine.

The water is not poison. You are more than welcome to drink the water, cook with the water and brush your teeth and you will not die. However, if you would like to purchase water you can buy a 5 gallon bottle for $5. What?!?!?!? Pay for WATER!!! As I read in one review. Yes, just like when you are at home. If you want to drink bottled water then buy bottled water. We thought the price was cheap and it came with a pump. They brought it right to our door and changed out the pump. The service was prompt and friendly.

As for all the complaints – (I was almost afraid to go). As another reviewer said this isn’t a 5 star resort – it is renting a condo for however long you are there. The window in the third floor bathroom didn’t want to close so we kept the door to the third floor bathroom closed. The doors opening to the deck and patio are very big and very heavy so opening then was sometimes a little difficult for me. And the Drapes are heavy and block out sun and yes suffer some sun damage. They will be very expensive to replace. But when I looked out over the balcony, I never looked at the drapes again and just asked for help with any cantankerous doors. My pic looks like I tore it out of a magazine.

It's not a fancy place but after I got home I realized I most enjoyed not living with a bunch of complainers. We took everything in stride and chose to enjoy ourselves and each other. We loved the whole trip and are planning to return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family