“Average stay”

Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
New York
“Average stay”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I just got my vacation back from The Bahamas, overall the 2 times stay in Blue Water Resort was ok, but I do need to address some of the issues that I had in my stay, which is not a pleasant experience:
The first stay (from 06-23 to 06-27, stayed in room 30)
Overall it was good, except for the first night that we didn’t have TV (the TV cable is not connected)
And the bathroom ‘s showerhead fell off when I try to turn it off (on the master bedroom), It was fixed after I called the maintenance.
So it was ok in the first stay. But it was very annoyed when it didn’t have TV and I have a toddler who wants the cartoon.
The second stay: (06-30 to 07-02, stayed in room 17, then room 2)
The first night did NOT have air conditioner.
By the time we check-in it was 7pm, somehow the front desk doesn’t have our key, so the security open the door let us in and asked for locksmith for make the key for us, we didn’t have the room 17 key until 11pm.
They shouldn’t send us to the room 17 if they knew that there was NO KEY for us in the first place.
The AC was on when we get to the room, couple hours later it was getting hotter and hotter, and we double check the AC, which still on, but it showed that inside room temperature was 80F (same as outside), we were told that it was too late to get the maintenance so the security sent 2 fans over.
Also on room 17:
* the window blinds (of each floor) was broken, we had to manually open it up on each floor.
*TV on the Living room didn’t have remote.
*it didn’t have grill stand
We were out the next day around 9am because the room was too hot to stay, the front desk changed us to room 2, which is ocean view room
Yes we do appreciate that the offer that we did stay one night in the nice cold ocean front villa, BUT I rather have my TV and AC always working thought out my stay.
It is very uncomfortable and disturbing and unpleasant that without TV and AV on, it sucks.
What I don’t understand is that with the maintenance, why don’t they find out these issues in the first place, but let us (customers) suffer these uncomfortable situations?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank weiwei L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed there for 1week, it was the best budget option in Nassau, because its on the beach, clean and private beach. The apartments are ok, little bit old but has lots of space.
The worst part was the recepcion, all the women behind the reception had very bad attitude, behaving like they are the bosses of Nassau. They didnt tell us any info about the hotel or the area. And rudely just asking for your credit card, money is the only thing they care about not about delivering a great service at the same time.
But this place has a good location for shops and short bus ride to downtown.
And last thing, the internet doesnt work there! its a disaster!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sarik29
Reviewed May 30, 2012

At first site I was disappointed. Coming from the airport and looking at the community while riding in the "cab" I felt cheated. I arrived around 1pm but checkin isn't until 4pm. They let me leave my bags and I caught the #10 bus which stops right out front to downtown. I actualy begin to see that I was in the heart of the Bahamas and the place wasn't so bad. I came back and got the room key and entered. The place is nice and newly remodeled. Kitchen with everything you need, washer/dryer, private patio w\ bbq grill, etc. They can use new matresses on the beds but they were comfortable. If you are looking for a waterdowned version of the bahamas go to Atlantis. If you are looking to mingle with the locals, have authentic bahamas food and really enjoy the REAL BAHAMAS...then this is the perfect area. Jet ski's come by and offer you a ride for a reasonable price....the hotel has it;s on private beach..its small but perrfect for relaxing and the view is amazing! I didn't get an oceanview room which I will next time. The staff at the tikibar was amazing. Anything you ask for they will whip it up. Oh and don't forget to go to the fishfry, senor frogs and the other clubs downtown. The only downside to the hotel is it's $15 -20 taxi ride everywhere. It was 4 of us so we split the cost but it adds up. Ride the bus. Its only 1.25 and that is a wild experience. In itself. It stops running at 7 so I would suggest a early start. Overall, it was a great trip with the girls. Perfect hotel for a group of people who want to stay together. It isn't Atlantis. Which is nothing but a manmade vegas.....it's authentic Nassau. Basically if you are down to earth this is the place for you but if you need 800 thread count sheets, a maid and mints on your pillow I would suggest you stay downtown.

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank cali94603
Carver, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I just returned back from a 10 day vacation in the Bahamas. First 4 nights we stayed at an all inclusive resort on Paradise Island, the next two nights were at Atlantis and our last 4 nights were at the Blue Water Resort. With the 4 adults and 2 children, the 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath was the perfect size for us. We enjoyed the relaxing part of our trip as it was different than the hustle, bustle of the first part.
The condo itself was very clean, however, the carpets could have used a good cleaning. The screen door off the patio was a small challenge to open and shut since it was off the track most of the time. The window in the second bedroom was not able to shut, thus it was constantly hot and humid in the room while the air conditioning was running all the time. The one thing that needs improvement were the beds! The mattresses were probably from the 1970's and there was only one flat pillow per bed. We ended up taking the cushions off of the downstairs furniture to use as pillows.
The location was good. We took the Jitney into downtown, to the Fish Fry and to the grocery store. It is a lot less expensive than taking a taxi, but beware of rush hour. You may have to wait for a bus or two before you get on. They get crowded quickly, but would highly recommend the experience.
The staff was great and the security guard always had a good morning for us. I would stay there again, but after the beds were replaced.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lori O
Farmington Hills
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I went on a trip recently with a group of women and we had a blast. No, it is not a hotel or a 5 star resort. It is a condo and that is all. The atmosphere is very relaxed. I reviewed several of the other ratings before I wrote mine to hopefully give a post renovation opinion. It cost $2 to buy a gallon of water at the front desk, not a big deal. The drinking water is not like the U.S., you need to buy it - not something unusual when you travel outside of the U.S. I agree the supplies are kept to a minimum in the condo, but all we had to do was ask and we were given more toilet paper, paper towel, and dishwashing soap. The only disappointment was the carpet on the stairs in our unit, it definately could stand to be replaced. All of our locks worked, no problem. The pool and pool area, along with the beach is very clean. You do not have to get up early to "save chairs" at the pool or on the beach. The Tiki Bar was the best. On the whole, food is very expensive in the Bahamas; however, at the Tiki Bar it is reasonable and the wonderful cook, Dawnie, will make you eggs with ham and cheese on a bagel or grits (though I am sure there were a couple more options, those were our favorites) - the price for breakfast was $3 - $6. Lunch, too, was very reasonable. We brought our own water to the Tiki Bar so we did not have to buy a bottle for $1.50 (when we remembered). Sure, the menu needs updating, but really, relax, you are on vacation!!! Who cares if something is not available!!! Try the fish fry at the Tiki Bar when available and the very spicy conch salad if you can take it, we did and though it cleaned our sinuses, we loved it. The maintenance and front desk staff were great - we saw both for a couple of minor things that needed attention, and they were quick to respond and to our satisfaction. We visited Atlantis during our stay and we could not wait to leave, Atlantis was like Disney World and Bluewater is quiet and relaxing. By the way, our beach was nicer, much smaller, but nicer. The water was much clearer by us. Also, when the tide is high (usually early evening 6 or 7 pm if it is high), Bluewater does lose much of its beach, but that is temporary and you can sit on the pool deck and look towards the ocean for a similar effect. Take advantage of the bus (jitney) for $1.25 that runs until 7 pm. After that, unless you want to spend a minimum of $20 each way on a cab, walk to restaurants in the area. A few other tips - bring some snacks with you from the U.S. - power/snack bars, nuts, Crystal Light - keep all food in the fridge. Also, bring some powder detergent and dryer sheets so you can wash your towels. You will pay and arm and a leg for anything you buy at the market, so pack what you can from home. We miss our friends at Bluewater but look forward to going back sometime soon!!!

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view, please note that there are 3 units on each side of the complex that are c...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
12 Thank JJKVY
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My experience was wonderful. It was just what my family and I were looking for. The staff was amazing!!! They were very friendly and accommodating (which
nowadays is hard to come by). The complex was newly renovated which was a nice treat! Our rooms were very large and I loved the full size kitchen. Traveling with a family makes it sometime very hard and expensive to eat out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.... So having a full size kitchen was IDEAL!!! There is nothing better than enjoying a nice quiet breakfast overlooking the ocean. The view was amazing!!! I wish I had this serene view back home!!! Thank you again for the wonderful experience... I highly recommend it!!!! We will be back!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Lisalovestotravel01
Chicago
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My famly and I just got back from Spring Break which we take every year together (although I've graduated years ago). Nassau has some of the best diving and Stuart's Cove was the best shop!! We arrived to Blue Water and checked into our three bedroom villa. This was our 2nd time here and I'm glad to see they re-did some property issues. The pool looked new, new paint, new roofs being done. The rooms seemed the same and they are huge townhome styled. I love having my own bedroom and bathroom while still sharing the breakfast table and full kitchen with my parents. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They also added some kareokee nights to the tiki bar and we were able to catch that one night. Hysterical! I would recommend this place to families that can't or just don't want to spend so much at the larger fancier ones. It's a good deal and they had free internet so I could chat with my friends too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Heather C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Compass Point Beach Resort
Sandyport Beach Resort
Sandyport Beach Resort
#2 of 37 in Nassau
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Been to Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach? Share your experiences!