“A Great Authentic Bahamas Vacation!”

and 1 more site!
Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
“A Great Authentic Bahamas Vacation!”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

At first site I was disappointed. Coming from the airport and looking at the community while riding in the "cab" I felt cheated. I arrived around 1pm but checkin isn't until 4pm. They let me leave my bags and I caught the #10 bus which stops right out front to downtown. I actualy begin to see that I was in the heart of the Bahamas and the place wasn't so bad. I came back and got the room key and entered. The place is nice and newly remodeled. Kitchen with everything you need, washer/dryer, private patio w\ bbq grill, etc. They can use new matresses on the beds but they were comfortable. If you are looking for a waterdowned version of the bahamas go to Atlantis. If you are looking to mingle with the locals, have authentic bahamas food and really enjoy the REAL BAHAMAS...then this is the perfect area. Jet ski's come by and offer you a ride for a reasonable price....the hotel has it;s on private beach..its small but perrfect for relaxing and the view is amazing! I didn't get an oceanview room which I will next time. The staff at the tikibar was amazing. Anything you ask for they will whip it up. Oh and don't forget to go to the fishfry, senor frogs and the other clubs downtown. The only downside to the hotel is it's $15 -20 taxi ride everywhere. It was 4 of us so we split the cost but it adds up. Ride the bus. Its only 1.25 and that is a wild experience. In itself. It stops running at 7 so I would suggest a early start. Overall, it was a great trip with the girls. Perfect hotel for a group of people who want to stay together. It isn't Atlantis. Which is nothing but a manmade vegas.....it's authentic Nassau. Basically if you are down to earth this is the place for you but if you need 800 thread count sheets, a maid and mints on your pillow I would suggest you stay downtown.

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank cali94603

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Carver, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I just returned back from a 10 day vacation in the Bahamas. First 4 nights we stayed at an all inclusive resort on Paradise Island, the next two nights were at Atlantis and our last 4 nights were at the Blue Water Resort. With the 4 adults and 2 children, the 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath was the perfect size for us. We enjoyed the relaxing part of our trip as it was different than the hustle, bustle of the first part.
The condo itself was very clean, however, the carpets could have used a good cleaning. The screen door off the patio was a small challenge to open and shut since it was off the track most of the time. The window in the second bedroom was not able to shut, thus it was constantly hot and humid in the room while the air conditioning was running all the time. The one thing that needs improvement were the beds! The mattresses were probably from the 1970's and there was only one flat pillow per bed. We ended up taking the cushions off of the downstairs furniture to use as pillows.
The location was good. We took the Jitney into downtown, to the Fish Fry and to the grocery store. It is a lot less expensive than taking a taxi, but beware of rush hour. You may have to wait for a bus or two before you get on. They get crowded quickly, but would highly recommend the experience.
The staff was great and the security guard always had a good morning for us. I would stay there again, but after the beds were replaced.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lori O
Farmington Hills
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I went on a trip recently with a group of women and we had a blast. No, it is not a hotel or a 5 star resort. It is a condo and that is all. The atmosphere is very relaxed. I reviewed several of the other ratings before I wrote mine to hopefully give a post renovation opinion. It cost $2 to buy a gallon of water at the front desk, not a big deal. The drinking water is not like the U.S., you need to buy it - not something unusual when you travel outside of the U.S. I agree the supplies are kept to a minimum in the condo, but all we had to do was ask and we were given more toilet paper, paper towel, and dishwashing soap. The only disappointment was the carpet on the stairs in our unit, it definately could stand to be replaced. All of our locks worked, no problem. The pool and pool area, along with the beach is very clean. You do not have to get up early to "save chairs" at the pool or on the beach. The Tiki Bar was the best. On the whole, food is very expensive in the Bahamas; however, at the Tiki Bar it is reasonable and the wonderful cook, Dawnie, will make you eggs with ham and cheese on a bagel or grits (though I am sure there were a couple more options, those were our favorites) - the price for breakfast was $3 - $6. Lunch, too, was very reasonable. We brought our own water to the Tiki Bar so we did not have to buy a bottle for $1.50 (when we remembered). Sure, the menu needs updating, but really, relax, you are on vacation!!! Who cares if something is not available!!! Try the fish fry at the Tiki Bar when available and the very spicy conch salad if you can take it, we did and though it cleaned our sinuses, we loved it. The maintenance and front desk staff were great - we saw both for a couple of minor things that needed attention, and they were quick to respond and to our satisfaction. We visited Atlantis during our stay and we could not wait to leave, Atlantis was like Disney World and Bluewater is quiet and relaxing. By the way, our beach was nicer, much smaller, but nicer. The water was much clearer by us. Also, when the tide is high (usually early evening 6 or 7 pm if it is high), Bluewater does lose much of its beach, but that is temporary and you can sit on the pool deck and look towards the ocean for a similar effect. Take advantage of the bus (jitney) for $1.25 that runs until 7 pm. After that, unless you want to spend a minimum of $20 each way on a cab, walk to restaurants in the area. A few other tips - bring some snacks with you from the U.S. - power/snack bars, nuts, Crystal Light - keep all food in the fridge. Also, bring some powder detergent and dryer sheets so you can wash your towels. You will pay and arm and a leg for anything you buy at the market, so pack what you can from home. We miss our friends at Bluewater but look forward to going back sometime soon!!!

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view, please note that there are 3 units on each side of the complex that are c...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
12 Thank JJKVY
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My experience was wonderful. It was just what my family and I were looking for. The staff was amazing!!! They were very friendly and accommodating (which
nowadays is hard to come by). The complex was newly renovated which was a nice treat! Our rooms were very large and I loved the full size kitchen. Traveling with a family makes it sometime very hard and expensive to eat out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.... So having a full size kitchen was IDEAL!!! There is nothing better than enjoying a nice quiet breakfast overlooking the ocean. The view was amazing!!! I wish I had this serene view back home!!! Thank you again for the wonderful experience... I highly recommend it!!!! We will be back!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Lisalovestotravel01
Chicago
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My famly and I just got back from Spring Break which we take every year together (although I've graduated years ago). Nassau has some of the best diving and Stuart's Cove was the best shop!! We arrived to Blue Water and checked into our three bedroom villa. This was our 2nd time here and I'm glad to see they re-did some property issues. The pool looked new, new paint, new roofs being done. The rooms seemed the same and they are huge townhome styled. I love having my own bedroom and bathroom while still sharing the breakfast table and full kitchen with my parents. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They also added some kareokee nights to the tiki bar and we were able to catch that one night. Hysterical! I would recommend this place to families that can't or just don't want to spend so much at the larger fancier ones. It's a good deal and they had free internet so I could chat with my friends too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Heather C
Jackson, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I picked the Blue Water Resort for one reason only, price. I was impressed with the cleanliness, but maintenance needs a little work. The pool area is nice with plenty of chairs available for lounging. The staff all seemed very friendly and helped whenever we had a question. Look folks, it is not the Atlantis and does not try to be. You will receive a good value at this property.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank gfox3
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I am suprised to see the other reviews written on this resort. I am wondering if we actually stayed at the same place. First of all, this is not a hotel by any stretch. My family and I stayed here for our vaction and had a fantatic time. My daughter and two granddaughters.The villas are hugh; a family of 10 can stay for as big as they are! Everything was neat and clean. The patios are a good size to have your family grill out for dinner with some privacy. Yes they are under construction, the office does tell you that and asks that their mess and possible noise be excused. We were never bothered by this. I myself never saw any dangerous areas. The Tiki bar was open and had great service, it's not a 5 star rest., but good food and good atmosphere and very friendly service. The pools was open and clean, its located right near their private beach which was beautiful. My granddaughters loved being in the pool and entertained by the staff at the tiki bar. I loved the location as we were close to everything we wanted from shopping to a bus ride. Claudine and her office staff were more than occommodating to our needs! I will certainly be back for another vacation!

Room Tip: All of the villas are like staying in a townhome not a hotel room. The only tough choice you will ha...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank niecy69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Compass Point Beach Resort
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach? Share your experiences!