“What a fantastic evening”

Barefoot Sailing Cruises
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We chartered the sailboat 'Riding High' for a surprise birthday party for my mother. There were 20 of us in all and everyone had a fantastic time. Erin was ssooooooooo.... accommodating with all my requests. Nothing was out of the question. Captain Randy and his crew kept us with drinks in hand all evening. The music he selected was ideal for our group. And the dinner was spectacular. Well worth every penny and a great way to experience the beauty of Nassau's waters. Thanks to the captn and his crew for a great night

3  Thank Jessica R

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was a last minute decision which we were grateful they had an opportunity. Boat was immaculate and as a sailor Randy the owner was great and knowledgeable and we felt in good hands. The cost was $115. a person for 6 hours and as such a good value.
We went to Rose Island to snorkel and beach . All his equipment on the boat was working and useful. The problem was t hat the cruise has been booked by a group of vegetarians before they added us on. So the barbecue was eliminated and in its place we're baked beans and spliced cheese and nasty dinner rolls. There was lemonade and bug juice and ice tea. Really, you could have an option for t he non vegans,!!! more important was the captain who was cranky because people got sand on his boat! Come on now,you took us to a beach. Just take a hose and wash the deck after all disembark!!

2  Thank farmischt
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Having read many of the reviews here, we nearly passed on this sail/snorkel trip. I'm so glad we gave them a chance. We found Captain Randy and crew to be polite and pleasant throughout the trip. There were absolutely no problems at all. The sailing, surroundings, and snorkeling were just what we wanted, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

This was my 6 year old son's first time swimming/snorkeling in salt water, so I was a bit nervous about the depth of the water and how he'd do with salt water in his mouth. The 56' boat anchored on a sandy bottom about 200' off of Rose Island, and the swim to the reef in front and behind the boat was no more than 150' in each direction. Water depth was probably never more than about 15', visibility was very good, and we felt no current at all. My son spotted fish immediately upon entering the water, and he was ecstatic and had absolutely no fear from that moment on. What a thrill for me that he had so much fun.

I can't help trying to counter what some other reviewers have said about Captain Randy. But having read Gasserjcp's review of October 2011, I think he's said things pretty well. Follow a few simple requests (that are for everyone's safety), act as if you were a guest in the Captain's house, and you'll have a great day.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We started off by putting our shoes in a trash bag before boarding so it truly was barefoot sailing. We hopped on the boat and half way out to our destination the engine went off and the sails went up. The crew, Travis and Keno were helpful and informative. They served drinks and snacks on the way out. The only thing that was a little scary that I did end up getting used to was the way the boat tilted into the wind.

We stopped at Rose Island, hopped out and snorkeled and saw some amazing fish. We then got back on board and ate a BBQ lunch that was made on the boat while we swam.
On our way back rum punch was served, pretty much as much as you want and sails were up, engine off, on our way back. It was simple, smooth and easy and was WAY better than any tour the cruise line could offer. It was more expensive but worth the extra money to not run into people as you're snorkeling, a common complaint among reviews online and with people we talked to on the ship afterwards that booked through the cruise line.

A small group of good people who know the water, know sailing and are native to the area. Safe, fun and easy and was a great way to pop my snorkeling cherry! If we ever go back to Nassau, these guys are the top of my list to book with again! Definitely legit and worth it!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Signed up for half day trip via Bestonbahamas.com. Paid my deposit and received an email confirmation from Rachel. She stated I would receive an email if the trip had to be cancelled if known in advance. The day of the trip my daughter & I waited by ourselves for someone to show up & pick us up, they never did. Went to the Ministry of Tourism on Nassau and they called for me & was told-they cancelled our trip with no notice. That was June 14,2012 & to date I have not received my deposit back. DONT trust these people, find a reputable operation instead!!!! Robin Ingram

6  Thank ringram09