Red Carpet Inn
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
$330
$299
British Colonial Hilton Nassau(Nassau)(Great Value!)
$259
$215
  • Beachfront
$145
$199
$266
$180
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 17, 2011

My son and I stayed three nights. The lobby, the pool area and our superior double room were all very clean and tidy and comfortable respectively. Highlights of our stay included a stroll of the delightful gardens. The staff were pleasant and helpful as well. We will return and we will recommend the Red Carpet Inn to others.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 12345Tracy
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This hotel is dirty (smokey rooms despite "non smoking" policy, cockroaches inside the room, filthy bed spreads and bathrooms), they are also extremely unfriendly at front desk, should someone actually be there when you need to ask a question.
The vending machines up front just swallow you money, and of course they don't 'own them' and will not even help you make a claim to the company that does.
Beds are old, rusty and squeeky.

DO NOT STAY HERE. There are better/nicer hotels at the same price.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank malicegarden
RCINassau, Public Relations Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

This Expedia guest when placing their booking on-line made no request for a non-smoking room type therefore, as per usual policy, when no request is made guest is automatically assigned to a Smoking room. This guest was checked into a Smoking room where smoking is permitted. If they had come back to the front desk and requested that they be moved to a Non-Smoking room category instead, then their request would have been accommodated. The Vending machines that are provided for guest convenience off our hotel lobby, are in fact owned and maintained by an independent vending company. There is a notice posted on the vending machine notifying guests of this fact and also notifying them that loss of money is not the responsibility of hotel. That said, we make every effort to contact the vending company immediately on the behalf of the guest to ask that they come to service the machine and either return the funds or, if the guest prefers, obtain the product from the machine instead. The Front desk always has a clerk stationed behind the front desk from 8 am thru 12 midnight and if guest had come to Front Desk for service they would have been attended to during those hours. All our rooms are well maintained and this includes our bedding as well. Bed mattresses are changed regularly and rusty beds frames have never been an issue in any of our rooms. We have hotel inspectors who regularly compliment us on the high level of cleanliness that is maintained … one who, most recently, after inspecting multiple rooms commented that he has never been in any hotel room as clean as the ones at our property.

Reviewed March 18, 2010

When we went to check in, the rate was higher than anticipated. We asked for a breakdown for the rate and the receptionist said she did not know. I asked her for the manager, she said the manager was unavailable. I asked her to phone so that I could receive it and she said "No". I said in that case, I did not want the room. She said that we would have to pay one night cancellation fee. I said that I would not pay it because I did not feel the price was the one quoted. She told us to leave or she would call the police. Nice place, I would never go back.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladyblue32
RCINassau, Assistant Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2010

This lady and her companion are quite rememberable. They were very confused about the facts regarding their booking, including the type of room they had booked and whom they had actually booked the reservation with. The main issue was that they thought they had prepaid through an internet site. This was not the case. It was explained in detail that they only guaranteed their booking with their credit card but the room was not prepaid in advance. When they were informed that they would have to pay directly before they could complete their registration, the male companion became verbally abusive to the front desk clerk … yelling profanity and slamming his hand on the counter demanding immediate entry to his room all the while refusing to make payment. The front desk asked for them to show proof of the pre-payment. The guest simply not want to accept the fact that it was not pre-paid. Guests who pre-pay arrive with a voucher and present the voucher at time of check-in. Also she was told that she could speak with the manager in the morning when she was at work. The guest could have checked-in and paid for one night only (booking was for two nights) and had the matter resolved the next morning when the manager was at work or if the matter was not resolved, they could have cancelled the second night and then checked out. In the end they choose to leave with the understanding that there would be a one-night penalty as per hotel cancellation policy.

Reviewed March 2, 2010

The property is just off East Bay Street and right next to a large shopping center with a Supermarket in it and a Starbucks.

As we checked in I got a bad feeling. The reception counter was separated from the customers by a glass window like you would expect at a 24hr gas station at 3am. It is in a bad neighborhood. The internet is extra and did not work in my room #239. When I complained, they told me to go outside or the lobby and try it. The rooms are clean, and the roaches find it comfortable as well. Yup ROACHES!! The rooms all have bars on the inside of the windows and can't be opened. The refrigerator was off and open when I arrived, and the A/C unit off. The room had a musty smell and the 2 double beds were thin and very uncomfortable. The rooms were dark with no light from the shaded windows you could not open. Oh now the best part.....When I tried to take a shower....it was like standing under dripping water! No pressure and the hot water lasted about 90 seconds. REDICULOUS!!!!

FOR $139 A NIGHT, SPEND $50 MORE AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

It is amazing that some people who think of themselves as worldly travelers fall into the trap of trying to compare where they come from to where they are visiting. Most people travel to a foreign country to have a different experience. Firstly, the eastern end of Nassau is considered the better area of the island. It is correct that internet is extra for those booking through 3rd party booking sites. This is our procedure and as is the case in the majority of hotels here in Nassau. In order to offer modern amenities, hotels charge higher rates or charge for extras on an a la carte basis. Our rates are considered very reasonable for Nassau and the fees that we charge for wifi are also reasonable. The reason the guest would have been asked to check if he could get wifi access by going outside would be to determine if the problem was with the internet or his computer … unlike most properties, our hotel offers access through out the property .. in all public areas as well as guest rooms … if the guest was unable to access the wifi in the lobby and other guests could, then chances are the fault was with his computer settings and not the properties wifi.

Visitors should remember that when they visit foreign countries things that seem strange to them are just a fact of life in the country they are visiting. Security bars are there to insure guest security. The windows are sealed and tinted to help the rooms cool better as open windows mean inefficient cooling and higher electrical costs …. Refrigerators and electronic appliances are also unplugged when rooms are not in use, to help with energy costs to keep rates lower. Water pressure is kept at optimal levels by pressure control shower heads and water temperature is adjustable by use of the Moen temperature faucets.

Clean rooms and roaches are not compatible but when guests leave out food or room doors are left wide open, pests will invite themselves in.

Reviewed February 26, 2010

Pay a little more & stay somewhere else ! Disgusting could'nt care less attitude. The place looks like a dump. The area where you check in looks like a backroom in a warehouse. Never got to see the rooms - but did not care after the situation that transpired.
My sister booked a room for my wife & I on her credit card for one night as we were travelling .When I got there to check in about 1:30 p.m. the woman at the front desk said she needed my sister herself there to verify her credit card with I.D. before I could check in. Or I could use my credit card & I.D. until & unless she verified the booking made by my sister. If not she would charge my credit card.
Assuming I could check-in & get the key to look at the room I obliged because I didn't have time later & wanted to get it over with because I would not be back until late that night.
After giving her my credit card & filling out the registratration form she now tells me that she cannot check me in until 3 p.m. & that she had no rooms to show me until then.
I got very irritated at her attitude & left . A short while later I returned with my sister . No one was the front desk (it's a booth really) & I knocked & called out for 15min. before this woman appeared again. By this time both my sister and I was so disgusted with the looks of the "hotel" and the attitude of this woman that my sister asked for a refund & to cancel the room- no refund. The woman thought this was a joke & said "well you already paid for it - you might as well stay here" No - you see she got it all wrong. I don't have to stay there & to refuse a refund of $135.00 more important than doing good business & public relations & the business they will lose in the future because of this shows you where they are coming from - they could keep the $135.00 If that's where the're coming from.
As we were leaving I could see her looking at another guest & laughing. I hope the Hotel had a good laugh too.
Needless to say we went somewhere else - will never go back - will never recommend it to anyone - & will let everybody else that we know to avoid this place.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank tripnassau
RCINassau, Assistant Manager at Red Carpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2010

It is hotel policy that all reservations that are to be paid for by credit card, that the credit card be physically present so that they can be physically imprinted and swiped directly in to an authorization machine. This is a Standard security measure. In an age where identity theft is rampant most people would have to agree that this policy is a good one for not only the hotel’s protection but also for the guest’s protection. However when this guest arrived to check-in they wanted to pay for the booking with a credit card that belonged to someone else and did not have physically in his possession. Our policy was explained to him and he was given the option of using his own card to guarantee the room and so he could complete check-in paperwork. He was given an option to guarantee the room accommodation with his credit card until the other person arrived and the original credit card could be processed. The hotel certainly tried to accommodate this guest while still adhering to proper security protocols concerning credit card transactions.

Our lobby is undergoing some renovations by installing a new elevator to improve guests comfort and most guests appreciate these improvements

Check-in time is 3pm. Guest who arrive earlier then that to check-in are also advised of this before being pre-registered and in addition the hotel also secures their baggage.

When the guest returned and did not find someone behind the front desk counter immediately it was because she was dealing with another matter (reservation inquiry or booking) in the back office.

This particular person has exaggerated most of the facts and the fact that they felt they were being laughed at seems a bit paranoid. The young lady who dealt with them, in particular, is well noted for her composure and good manners even when faced with the most difficult to deal with customers.