See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was in the Bahamas from February 5th to February 14th and stayed at the Nassau Palms
this hotel is right on West Bay Street and right across from the Beach, the hotel only has five floors, its a little dated but the rooms are comfortable and clean and the price is right. The hotel has a childs pool as well as an adult pool on the main floor.

The hotel only service breakfast (continental) so for those of you that are always on the go it just makes sense. From the general walkway just outside your room you can see the ocean and watch the cruise ships coming in and out of the bay NICE!! especially at night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We booked this room for our first night as we had a late flight arrival and meeting family at Atlantis the next day. As we'd be spending little time at the hotel before checking out in the morning, we were not at all fussy....that was a mistake. After arriving at 2am from the airport and very tired, they spent 25 minutes searching for our prepaid reservation and insisted that we should pay again. It was very shady...even my daughters felt that there was something bizarre going on. Once I insisted on charging my cell in the lobby to prove my confirmation from Expedia, they suddenly found the reservation. Our room was so rundown and filthy that we couldn't enjoy our sleep. When we awoke, we found a large cockroach on the floor. The nice thing about this stay was that it included a continental breakfast, which was quite good with orange juice, toast and canteloupe. I would not recommend this hotel...even for a short stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jennyjenjenjen
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We wanted to stay somewhere near downtown Nassau before staying at the all-inclusive we had booked for the 2nd half of the trip. The rooms were disgustingly dirty. Grimy walls, stained sheets, some sort of powder residue all over the chairs. It was nasty. On top of that, despite what the online description says, it is not on the beach. It is across a very busy road (essentially the Bahamian equivilant of a highway) which was terribly noisy at night. Now, for $100/nigth, my expectations were lowered a bit. However, when we went to check-out, they slapped an additional $50 per day on our bill for things like "energy usage" & "maid services". Maid servicves??? We didn't once have our sheets changed--I know that because the putrid stain remained in the exact same spot for the entire stay. GROSS! I would have rather have paid the extra $ to stay 2 blocks down the street at the Hilton.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sightsofseitz
Reviewed February 11, 2013

You can walk to a fish market area with some good restaurants, and you're pretty close to downtown. The hotel staff was generally friendly and seemed on top of things. The rooms really need to be updated, though. In general, the hotel needs a makeover. Very low water pressure in our room. The toilet barely flushed. The hotel was moderately clean. As for the continental breakfast, if you want fruit, toast, or coffee it's free. If you want hot food you have to pay for it. Internet service is $10/hr or $16/day. There is a convenience store downstairs, but they only take cash.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife, sister and I recently stayed 4 nights at this hotel and I will go over the good nd the not so good. First the hotel is about a 20 min. drive from the airport and is located about three blocks from the town center. We rented a car on arrival and that worked out well. keep in mind they drive on the left unlike un the U.S. and Canada. A taxi one way will run about $40 so the car was better for us and alloed us to move about at will to go to the casino and eateries at and near the Atlantis resort and then leave on our terms when headed back to the airport. We did not use much gas and it ran aboat $5.50 a gallon. The car was $63 a day (small car) with Thrifty. On arrival at the hotel, the reception people were nice (Melanie was wonderful) and processed our chec- in in good time. Many travels complain about service int he Bahamas as many pay you little attention especially goverment workers but that was not our case checking in. We were given a room with two full size beds and a view, similar to what I booked on line at $113 a night plus all the add on's (extra person fee, maid fee, electrical surcharge, facility fee and tax) making it about $160 a night. All hotels do this within the city limits or at least I have not found one that has not and I was told that some of the charges are requred by contracts and unions. It would make it less painful if all but tax were included from the start in the price. The elevator to our 3rd room floor worked but is run down just like the entire place, the first day there was half of a dead lizard on the floor in the elevator, not sure where the other half was but this half was gone by the next day. There is no question the hotel it needs a facelift. It is a large place but almost verything is past it's time of being replaced or fixed up. The building needs a good scrubbing and paint job, the ice machine on our floor was broken, the pool, pool area and furnature are in need of help, big help. I was thinking that a $5-10 million dollar facelift would do it wonders. Once in the room, I checked for bed bugs and ants, roaches, but found non or signs of any, the carpet was not bad, the bath needed a facelift and our toilet paper holder was hanging sideways by one screw and then fell onto the floor eventually. They nly had signle ply paper and that needs to change. The tub had been repainted and was peeling in some spots. We had clean towels that were not spotted or ratty looking, the beds looked clean and were O.K. to sleep in. All the lights worked in the room and there was a working small refrigerator and a safe if needed. There are pay internet/computers stations in the lobby area but nothing in the room. The hotel is right accross the street from a decent public beach of which we went to. Towels were avaiable at a stand near the pool where a guy stayed all day doing not much of anything as very few people were around. Also, the pool falls in the shadow of the hotel by mid day so the beach is a better choice for sunning and swimming.There are a few bars on it for a drink if you so desire while on the bech. Crossing the street to the beach takes a bit skill as traffic is busy there and there is no walkway overhead so be careful and keep in mind what direction the cars come from. Near the hotel are some decent eateries and McD's about 2 blocks away and lots of places down town during the day of which is only a 10 min. walk to eat and shop on Bay St. The hotel had a breakfast that was included and had this available for a reasonable time period in the morning. It included, coffee, tea, juice, one cereal, muffins, toast, and one type of mellon. For us it was O.K. If you desired more food, a small table and grill was set up for orders of beacon and eggs, etc. There is a small store and bar in the facility and both had basic items to buy or order. I got the sense that many of the people staying at this hotel were from the Bahamas being close for business down town. In closing, the location is good, the place needs a makeover for sure, the people at the reception desk were fine and even stored a bag for us for two weeks while we visited a family island. For a lower cost place and if you can turn your head and not let the worn out facility get to you, it works. I never saw any bugs in the room or walking about the facility although it woud do good if they picked up all the trash (litter) in the lot next door as it looks nasty from up above. We will stay here again as it fits our needs and budget and we can tollerate the issues it has that I pointed out even though it would do wonders if they would spend some money on it. Your room and experience may be different from ours but we stayed there twice in one month (five nights total) and it was about the same experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family