“you pay what you get.”

and 1 more site!
Nassau Palm Hotel
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The hotel is on the cheaper side in Nassau. The rooms were clean and the bathroom was ok. It was definitely an average hotel, however it is right downtown and walking distance to fish fry and the local bars. The Junkaroo beach is right across the street---a perfect and beautiful spot to lay out, relax, and enjoy some drinks from the local vendors. You can't stay at a 2 star and expect 5 star service, but the palm hotel definitely surpassed my expectations after seeing all the negative reviews. Yes they do have a $11 per person maid charge and apparently it's a new thing in Nassau for all the hotels. We booked with Travelocity which included the fees in the booking, and when we arrived, they didn't even ask for a credit card, just gave us our room key. I highly recommend this hotel for couples trying to go to Nassau on a budget, and if you don't plan to spend a lot of time in your room.

Room Tip: We asked for the ocean view, but got a weird view of the pool instead. We could see the ocean but n...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iluvcamby

Reviewed February 11, 2012

We spent our last night in Nassau there. The bedrooms are only ok for one night as you'd better keep your eyes closed while in them. The bathroom had hairs stuck on the wall (not ours !), the carpets stained, some hairs in the bed as well and I suspect there might have been some bugs as well as I couldn't stop scratching myself until I put some repellent. The breakfast is very poor, you can have toasts or cakes (five kinds), two types of cereals which are so unsuccessful that they are remaining stuck in their containers, hardly any dairies or fruits. Super unhealthy but filling if you want to go there.
The ladies at the reception were helpful and nice though, it's not all bad. The location is very nice too, but not the view from all the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Celine_F3
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I had a great time staying at this place. The best part about the hotel is the bartender Norman. He is a straight up honest guy that will let you know whats up. He helped me pick the best day trips to do and pretty much helped me with everything. Make sure you spend some time at the bar chatting with him. The hotel was clean, safe, and all the staff was very friendly and nice. The hotel is in a great spot. Across the street from a nice beach, close to the fish fry and close to the city center. The breakfast is nothing special but more than enough and i filled up every morning. I found some of the reviews of this place to be a little harsh and not very accurate. I would gladly come back and stay at this place. The only bad thing about the hotel is the price for using the internet.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Machalski18
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We booked our reservation at the Nassau Palm through a 3rd party site. When we got to the desk, they told us they couldn't find our reservations. Ironically, they told the guy next to us, the same exact thing. They asked for our card number to "hold" in case they couldn't find it after we left. 2 weeks later we were charged by Nassau Palm and Irene (at the front desk) was EXTREMELY rude. They waited to charge our card, hoping we wouldn't notice! The hotel blamed the 3rd party site by saying they didn't send the documentation, when in actuality, it's the hotels responsibility to get this. THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS!! Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not chose any room here, other wise you will be charged twice.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Traveler1851
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I have traveled within the USA, Carribean and Europe. I have stayed at expensive hotels and low price hotels. However, this last trip left such bitter feelings towards travel agents and this hotel. Our daughter was celebrating her 16th birthday and wanted to travel to Bahamas. The travel agent reassured us that Nassau Palm Hotel in Bahamas was nice. That should have been the first clue "nice". "The hotel is a dump" But the surprise of a lifetime was when I took off the comforter and found blood on the sheets. That was the end. I had to spend 2,000 to stay at Sheraton which was nice and clean. I wouldn't stay in this hotel for free.

Room Tip: There is nothing good about this place. It's terrible.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Maria A
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I made reservations for this hotel and when i arrived and saw the place, I was surpised that they were still in business. How could anyone possibly stay here. Soon as I walked in, I noticed the dirty smears on the wall. I looked at the pool and the water was dirty. I asked to see the rooms while they were searching for my reservation. The rooms were unclean. The small refridgerator had dried food particles stuck to it, the bed coverings and walls were dirty and bugs were present. It's looked like a cheap hooker motel. I was so glad they couldn't find my reservation. I got out of there with a quickness. It was dirty and gross. Shame on whoever owns and runs this place, it's a dump. My advice, don't even think about staying there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank WorldTraveler H
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The hotel was in a great location walking distance to downtown shopping,across the street from the beach great views from your room complimentary breakfast and a great concierge. After reading all the reviews I figured to make my own judgement. For the price it was amazing vacation.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jwilliams30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
El Greco Hotel
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#3 of 14 in Paradise Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive

Been to Nassau Palm Hotel? Share your experiences!