“great location for family with young children”
Review of Nassau Palm Hotel

and 1 more site!
Nassau Palm Hotel
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I was very desappointed when we get at Nassau PALM hotel, it wasn't what we paid for, the travel booking agency had over charged us, the carpet in the room was very dirty,and no restaurant on site, howerver; the island view was breathtaken , they serve a very enjoyable continental breakfast , tthe next day my kids starting to enjoyed the area , the pool, we walked across the street to the public beach, and we dicided not to move to a different hothel, the staff is quite friendly and helful, we walked 10 minto the Adastra Zoo ond the popular native restaurant the" Fish fry'' , we also walked 5 min to MCdanald and downtown shops, my kids remember their trip has one of the best moment in theuir life and a best place to remember, we will go back and hope renovation will be done and the Nassau Palme will be cleaner.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank yjeanmichel
There are newer reviews for Nassau Palm Hotel

Reviewed April 13, 2011

Falsely advertised hotel. Its for students and locals. Noise from main road is horrendous.
Pool area is entirely in the shade. I love the sun and swimming but didn't even bother with it. Breakfast was like been in the school canteen (and you were expected to clear up after yourself!!) Lift didn't work a lot of the time. Bar area drab, smokey and only plastic cups to drink out of.
In fairness most of the staff tried there best but the management leave a lot to be desired and did not help in my complaints.
Nassau Palm is a drab,dirty horrible place that needs pulling down , re designing and re building. The final straw for me were rats in the bar / kitchen area. (a staff member told me this was not uncommon) I checked out holiday ruined awful place.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank boxer186338
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Wow, where to begin. I will say that the staff is nice and try to be professional. So ends everything positive about this hotel. The price is deceiving, as you will end up paying about 35% more than the advertised rate due to hidden, bogus charges. However, I am the type that doesnt complain about price if I get value for my money. You will not find that here.
My room was filthy and stained. The phone didnt work properly. The alarm clock also did not work. The sliding door leading outside didn't shut all the way. I ended up having to fix that myself late at night after I checked in, as maintenance was gone for the day and bugs were coming in left and right. Speaking of bugs, there was a lizard on the curtain and termites in the bathroom, plus some other unidentified creatures flying around. The tub in the bathroom was damaged and filthy. Plus the whole look of the hotel was poor. There was grafitti on the furniture in my room, as well as the elevators. The room had a funky smell and the matresses definitely need replacing. I can't think of one thng I liked about this hotel. The food at the "free breakfast" was a joke. Better to hike to the Starbucks just up the road for breakfast. I would recommend saving up a little longer before your next vacation and staying somewhere else.
Also, I am a Bahamian. I read a previous review where someone stayed at this hotel and said "I will never go to the Bahamas again." As a Bahamian, I ask this writer, as well as any other who ignore my advice and stay here anyway, to not let a crumby hotel sour you on a whole country. There are bad hotels in every country. Stay somewhere else and your experience in the Bahamas will be alot more pleasant, garaunteed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Fabio016
Reviewed March 5, 2011

"Ocean view" or "Oceanside" means overlooking the busiest street in Nassau, one of the busiest cities in the Caribbean. Forget sleep while you listen to the sirens and car horns. Because the hotel is inexpensive, there are highschool sports teams in the hotel who also help to ensure that you won't sleep. The beds are HORRIBLE! My back was aching for days afterwards. There's no ATM machine nearby, but the vendors in the hotel only take cash and Fish Fry (in walking distance) doesn't take credit cards either...which means you're spending $$ on taxis. The WIFI never worked the week I was there which was a major problem since I was there on business. But you're welcome to pay $10/10 min. on their computers....if you have cash. UGH!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank IslandLady057
Reviewed February 9, 2011

The previous bad reviews of the hotel made me concerned. Yes, the hotel was dated, the carpets needed to be changed and the place could use a make over. However, the hotel was worth the stay given its great location and reasonable price. The room was clean except the carpet. My wife checked under the mattress and the draws and ther were no bugs. While the street noise was loud at times, we slept with the slider and windows open to enjoy the fresh breeze at night (our room was on the 5th floor which is the top one). Overall, it was a good value with a decent breakfast which was included in the price.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tfjm1
Reviewed February 4, 2011

This hotels reviews were pretty bad, but I'd like to add that it appears many of the issues have been or are being corrected. It's not atlantis, but that's ok since not everyone is looking for that.

This hotel is in a great location, across from Junkanoo beach and just a short walk to town. I'd stay there again if I went back to Nassau.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank atlastrekkerclay
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I had paid for an ocean view room with a balcony and the first night we were placed elsewhere in the hotel. I should have been alerted that things were not right when I called about two weeks before to follow-up on the reservation, which was not noted. A package had been purchased through AAA here in Colorado so I'm thinking it was delayed or still in process with Travel Impressions agency there. I called a couple of times after that and also the day before. Still the reservation was unknown. Anyway the next day it was discovered we were in the wrong room and it was corrected. However we were placed in a building of the hotel where renovations were taking place. That whole building on that side is definitely in need of renovation. I wandered around and found the exercise room was in disrepair, a restroom near the exercise room was filled with excrement in the toilet. Just plain BAD!

It was my mistake not to complain or ask for some monetary allowance for what I had paid in advance. I learned from this one that's for sure! What I can say that was good is the complimentary continental breakfast provided. Always neat and clean serving area there. The staff were very friendly and easy to talk too and approach. I guess that's why I didn't want to complain because I did enjoy their presence. I think any complaints should have gone to the management and certainly Travel Impressions.

The location is great! Right across from a public beach area - very beautiful and walking distance to Arawak Cay - a must see place. You can see the cruise ships coming in and that is fun. Also the pool area and outside grounds are kept clean and attractive.

Too bad the hotel is still renting out rooms for advanced paid folks that are really not worth it! If you call and they don't have your reservation, contact whoever you set it up with and demand an explanation. I'm not a picky person but this was ridiculuous what I paid and what I got. Good luck! If you consider them because there are some good points about the location, ask if the room renovations have been made and if the bldg where the exercise room is has been repaired!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple