All reviewswestwind iicable beachrci exchangetennis courtsmonday night bbqunits facebedrooms and two bathroomsgreat family resortthe grillstraw marketour home away from homerelaxing weeklounge chairsbeautiful bahamasdowntown nassaubaha mar resortbit dated
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

We're in love with WestWind 2! The place is so quaint and a family-feel here! I want to come back and stay here every year because besides that it's a nice and beautiful place to stay, I'll miss some of my new "family" I've met this week! Every day they have activities going on here so if you don't want to go shopping downtown, or whatever, you can chill here and there are still fun low key things to do, on top of snorkeling and jet skiing, and oh yes.....not to forget the Daiquiri Shack across the street! I played bingo today (haven't played in thirty years!) and won a cute Bahamas tshirt! I'll post some pics!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Carrie S
Reviewed July 23, 2017

I stay here every year as a timeshare owner and it just keeps getting better. Hurricane Matthew hit the island since I was there and I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of damage, but they have repaired everything. Still the same wonderful staff, great food and value at the snack bar, now they have added a life guard during the day which is good because there are a lot of kids here. Baha Mar is now open and the new casino is just a free shuttle ride away.
It was great to see all the old friends who come year after year.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank RUtraveller
Reviewed June 23, 2017

This property has been our annual family and extended family get-away since 1984. The club is modestly furnished but clean. The location is very convenient (right next to hotels and restaurants); a nice beach and helpful staff; a great place for kids! If you are looking for a 5-star property, this is not for you. It is truly a "home away from home". Not too many other places one can see the beautiful blue ocean and stroll or relax on the beach!

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Klano
Reviewed June 3, 2017

We have been going to West Wind II for over 30 years. It is a comfortable family spot. We have watched our children grow and now our grandchildren as we bring them to West Wind II and enjoy the beautiful Bahamas. We have dined throughout the island and used WWII facilities to grill and eat there. The staff has always been wonderful and very accommodating. The beach is sparkling and the water so inviting. We have shared this experience with many friends and all of our family. As you can tell, we love it!

Room Tip: I prefer an upper unit with an ocean view. These are not handicap accessible as there is a stair case to the second level.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2017

I had a very relaxing week. The grounds and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Inside the units, however, left us a little disappointed. There are some much needed renovations that need to be made. Both bathrooms had very worn, even rusted fixtures, bad patchwork throughout and broken screens. Very worn carpet on the stairs leading to the upstairs bedrooms. Wi-fi is available at a hourly/daily/weekly rate. However, they do have two computers in the office that you can use. There is one tv in the unit so we had to share. There were other owners that were there that really helped make this a warm, friendly atmosphere. Kyle, John, Lovely and everyone that worked in the office and the eating area were A+. The lifeguard, Kyle, stepped into the Activities Coordinator role. He was fabulous .. he was very attentive and made sure everyone had a good time. I don't think I'll be back at this particular hotel because I was very disappointed in the upkeep of the unit, however, I'm told there are renovations going on so maybe this will be remedied soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated unit
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family