“Thank you Trip Advisor !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of West Wind Club II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nassau
West Wind Club II
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Wishing I was in Bahamas
“Thank you Trip Advisor !”
Reviewed January 18, 2010

We consulted with trip advisor and after careful looking this seemed like the best option for us. This was our first (and definately not the last) time at the Bahamas on New Providence. Thanks trip advisor comments for giving us insight on all the Bahama locations.
We loved the staff and the new friends we met at West Wind 2. We spoke to people who were in other hotels and on Cruises and they all had a lot of dissapointments. A few people had changed hotels several times because they were not happy with where they landed. (other hotels/resorts not WestWind) . Our only disappointment was the weather was a bit cool (a cold front moved in--totally out of the norm and out of any human control) and that we only booked 1 week here. We should have booked two or more...
Scuba was excellent at Stuart Cove, recommended by Donita. We also had other great recommendations from many of the staff members including where to go to find "authentic Bahama". We saw many things that others would have missed had they not had such great staff to accomidate our inquiries. The jitneys were easy to use, we were glad we werent driving there. No need because all is easy to get to by jitney, activity busses or taxi.
We were warmly welcomed into the group within hours of being there. It was like one happy family. The evening entertainment by local band (and some of the time share owners like Paul) made this a wonderful event we will cherish .
The only reason I should make a bad review is to keep others away so we dont have to stand in line for availability.
This is not a "party" resort or a heavy drinking resort. It is definately family friendly and older couple type location. If you are 20 something looking for the fast pace, this is not your choice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BahamaMama45

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Little River, South Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2009

This is the place for you if you like a family atmosphere. Pool floaties were strewn across the pool areas more than we cared for. We met many owners who utilize their units more than trade they them. The units are well maintained.
I would be careful if members of your party have any physical disabilities. The upper units have many steps and the grounds have some barriers.
Bring some food to prepare in the well stocked kitchen, if you do not wish to eat out all the time. There is no dishwasher in the units.
The food store nearby is quite expensive, but you can pickup some staples like milk (It was cheaper to buy quarts than to but 1/2 Gal. or Gal.) and bread. Charcoal grills are available to use. Monday night they have a barbeque with entertainment which is reasonably priced.
There is a snack bar on site which only charges to the room. The property is right next to the Sheraton which has many amenities and some shopping and dining available.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2Birdsfishnfrogs
Marion, Virginia
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We stayed 6/27-7/4 in unit 35 which is the one closest to the ocean. Most days we did not bring anything to the beach--we were close enough to leave the beach towel on our balcony. The units are well furnished---but no dishwasher and only 1 TV. This was not a big concern even for the teens. The wi-fi worked ok--cost around $70 for the week....that allowed them to keep in touch since cells were off-limits. We swam mostly in the ocean and at Sheraton/Wyndham pools. We stayed one night at the Comfort Suites on Paradise Island so we could access Atlantis pools for 2 days (good deal at $155 per nite). The towel service exchange was mildly irritating---you could only get clean towels on M/W/F mornings and since we missed Wed as we were at Atlantis---no towels till Friday. Overall, it was a great vacation and very comfortable facilities for 4 people---and of course the view was amazing!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank teastridge
British Columbia
Reviewed June 20, 2009

I spent a week at Westwind II and it was awesome. My husband and I took my 1 year old son and my parents. Our favorite things about the complex included: easy access to buses to get into Nassau, the snack bar (amazing club sandwich!!), the beach, watching movies on the beach at night next door at the Sheraton, touring Gray Cliff and seeing cigars rolled, and meeting the friendly locals.
It was pretty cool to go see Atlantis on Paradise Island too.... I must confess that we just walked in like we owned the place and security let us go by. They wanted to charge $35USD per adult, and there is no way that it was worth paying that much money to see the few parts off limits to the public.
I wish I would have known that most of the "regulars" at Westwind II bring a cooler of meat to Nassau since groceries are ridiculously expensive. Bring as much food as you can to avoid buying stuff there.
Overall, it's an awesome place for people who want to relax in a safe (there were security cameras everywhere!), family-oriented complex. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed April 5, 2009

We just returned from a 1 week stay. West Wind II is a fun place with 2 pools, right on the beach. The unit was a nice 2 bdrm and 2 bath, full kitchen, which was great with 2 kids. We were villa 36, so the pool was right outside the door. We had the Sheraton next door, we used their beach chairs and pools. The also have FREE internet in their lobby. The Wyndham was next to the Sheraton with a casino and Starbucks, we used their pools too. The beach is incredible white sand and very friendly Bahamians. We walked for 20 mins. to the City Market for groceries and we took the bus #10 downtown to see the cruise ships. You can walk to Burger King, Subway and Dominoes (I am sure they can deliver a pizza too.) I could easily have stayed another week and we would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank boomba1
OH
Reviewed March 18, 2008

West Wind II is the best place to go if your ever in need of a nice relaxing vacation. The Beach is beautiful the staff is the friendlier then any other you'll ever come across. No matter what you age ranging from baby to kid to teen to young adult to adult to elderly it is great for all. There are 2 beautiful swimming pools, a great snack bar and seatery, ping pong, tennis, basketball, pool, and friendly people all around you. the villas may not be state of the art or fancy smancy but how often are you really in the room? They have big full kitchens to cook in 2 bathrooms 2 bedrooms and a pull out couch, what more do you need? It is perfect for peace an quiet days without the hustle and bustle of crazed vacationers where you can sit out and relax by the pool and by the ocean but then if you want the fun, hustle and bustle, and crowd you can just go next door and visit the shearton's beach with all the vacationers and go to the casino or big pool, then when you want some more relaxation just come back to into West Winds Private beach. It's liek killign 2 birds with one stone.
The staff treats you as if you knew them your whole life from the second you get there. By your 2nd or 3rd day they already know you by first name. They do everything in their power to keep you happy and put a smile on your face. Valencia the recepionist has a heart of gold and is great with kids and accomedating you. She also has a beautiful voice! Lovely is a great cook and bartender and always brings out a lugh and a smile in everyone. On monday night's they have their annual cookout where Lovely and Slim cook for everyone and good old Count Bernadino and his band plays under the pavillion for everyone to enjoy. Valencia even gets up and sings a few. Its amazing.
I have veen going for 6 years now and i have yet to find a better vacation spot and im only 16!

• Liked — everything it is amazing
  • Disliked — theres nothign really wrong besides maybe the rooms not being spectacular.. but for a person the scheeves everythign liek me, its plenty fine
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank westwind2rocks
Virginia
Reviewed March 3, 2008

My family has been spending Thanksgiving at West Wind II for forever and a day. I have grown up there. I consider it my second home and the lovely staff there is my 2nd family. My grandparents have been going for about 25 years now and I have gone every year since I was only 11 months old! This is a great resort for all ages and it is truly beautiful!! We usually go every Thanksgiving and meet my grendparents on both my mom and dad's side along with my cousins and the life long friends we have met over the years. This year we have decided that we can not wait until November to go back, so we have just booked our flight and we will be spending Easter there as well this year. I am so luck to be able to grow up there. It just gets more and more beautiful every year.

• Liked — West Wind II is VERY family friendly, and a great spot for people of all ages, from families with young children to retired couples looking for a getaway.
  • Disliked — I honestly can not think of any negative comment about West WInd II. i absolutly love it there.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank actress2be
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach
Sandyport Beach Resort
Sandyport Beach Resort
#2 of 37 in Nassau
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to West Wind Club II? Share your experiences!