West Wind Club II
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
$330
$308
British Colonial Hilton Nassau(Nassau)(Great Value!)
$231
$383
$145
$137
$300
All reviewswestwind iithrough rcitime sharecable beachqueen bedrent beach towelstennis courtsmonday night bbqunits facebedrooms and two bathroomsupper unitgreat family resortthe grillliquor storestraw marketour home away from homejet skiing
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed at this resort West Wind II June 16 to 23,2012.
I was at the West Wind ! in April 2012. Each had their own good points.
To me this resort was older or at less my resort was. I had a one bedroom upper floor.
Everything I needed was on the first floor, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, livingroom; but up stairs was the loft with another bathroom and two twin beds. I was located near the main road and front desk, snack bar, tennis but the beach was farther away which was ok also because the weather was so cool around 80 that I needed no AC most days and left patio door open to get so warm air. There is 2 pools, the one nearest me was the largest and bath water warm. The snack bar food was ok but go before you are too hurgury its very slow, also know what you what and be careful with your words when ordering. Upon arrival I was ready to eat; I always travel with a few can goods like tuna, shimp, clams, rice, soups to tie me over and cut the cost but I didn't even what to open a can. So I ordered a side of Fries from the bar for $4.00 at the other WestWind it was a plate full, well I was given a little round bowl with I guess 20 potatoes, I asked for a yellow bird drink which usually has rum in it! but I didn't ask for rum and I don't beleive any rum was in it. I cooked the next couple of days. While returning from the beach I must past the snack bar so I stopped and order $4. fries guessing the small bowl will hold me until I cook. Well to my surprise I received about a pound of potatoes on a dinner plate for $4. The next day I decided I was going to get to the bottom of this. Was I cheated the first day or was I given the wrong amount the second time ordered?
I ordered a frank and frys for $6.50 and it turned out again to be either for 2 people. By the way it was good! I didn't make a big deal out of it but I asked one of the workers about the difference in amount and why? I was told it was the way spoke what I wanted (side order is a little bowl and order of is a large plate; lol same price; lol.
The workers did not go out of their way to be friendly, not even the other guest was friendly it could have been since I was traveliing alone some feel threaten.
I travel to Nassau a few times each year, usually staying a different resort; I loved this resort location and the beach right outside my door; you can walk 1/4 of a mile on the beach before reaching rocks.
Between the two Westwind Resorts, I would return to the other one first because the service and guest are nicer as well as the resort itself just smaller but large enough for me.
This beach and 2 pools and snack bar is more costly, less friendly and larger in size.

Room Tip: The lower unit numbers are closer to the beach. The higher numbers are closer to largest pool, snack back, front desk, tennis and main road. June 16, 2012 the weather was cool 80ish needed no AC and I slept with socks and head wrap to keep warm. Very happy I was not on the Ocean front! which was only few steps away. Only a few of Units are beach front!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank SadeNY
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My friend and I decided we deserved a nice week away and I traded my timeshare for this place. We expected tropical paradise; it has been closer to a nightmare so far. Drenching rain and heavy winds for days on end. Our unit is #43. The weather stripping is gone around the front door, so the rain floods onto the kitchen floor in huge puddles. The air conditioned remains busted with no hope in sight of it getting fixed. They throw us towels to soak up the mess and we got a few free drinks for our troubles. We would escape if we could, but have nowhere to go. The "laid back" feel of this place seems more like complacancy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank kschwend
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My family (wife and 2 young boys) stayed at the Westwind II last year and will not be returning. First of all, we had terrible weather. We saw the sun 1 day out of 7, which may be part of my bitterness! I'll start off by saying the people at the Westwind II are great - both owners and employees. The resort itself however is very dated and needs some repairs. Our first unit, a different one than we reserved, had mold everywhere. We were moved to another unit, where the AC didn't work and worse yet, leaked everywhere, which led to my 3 year old son slipping and hitting his head on the tile. Our screen door fell off the track everytime you opened it. We also had cockroaches in the kitchen, before we even brought food in! On top of that, each of my boys cut their feet on broken glass on the Westwind's beach. So with a large amount of alcohol, my wife and I survived the week! Hopefully, this was an isolated incident and others have had a great time at the Westwind II!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Ryder10Minneapolis
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We were invited to stay in a villa here with another couple for a few days of their one week stay. The unit was perfect for two couples, clean and comfortable.

The staff were all very nice. Things do move at a much slower pace here and it was hard for me to adjust. I needed a few more days to get use to things not being open until 9 or 10 am.

The food we had at the snack bar was good and a reasonable price. If we had been staying a whole week we would have taken advantage of the villa's kitchen a little more.

The beach was just beautiful. The WWII grounds and pools are very well kept. There are plenty of chairs around but none on the beach. We were able to use beach chairs of the Sheraton that is right next door. We meant to have breakfast there one morning but we never did. We did go in one day to buy water.

One morning I took a 3 mile run off the property and felt very safe doing this. Previous International travels have been to Mexico and I have to say Nassau felt very different. Very safe, comfortable and everyone from the staff at WWII to bus drivers, waiters, vendors...were all very nice and I never felt like anyone was just trying to scam me out of an extra dollar.

We bought our own beer at a Duty Free liquor store but to me it was still very expensive. $93 for 2 cases of Bud Light, but I knew it would be pricey ahead of time.

We walked to the Swiss Sweet Shop one morning and got pattys. The chicken was my favorite and I also tried the coconut tart. Loved the art.

Dinners out were at The Fish Fry, Heavenly ?. I can't remember the name. Attendant at the liquor store recommended it and I loved it! Service was good, food was delicious and it was on the water. Again pricey, but worth it to me.

We also ate at Capriccio. Were on our way to Cafe Matisse but the taxi driver recommended it. What a great meal! Service was great and I will be thinking about the calamari we had there for along time. It was the best I've ever had, no doubt. Capricco is about 3/4 of a mile from WWII and we walked back.

On our last night we decided to give the Poop Deck a try. Service was great and the food was good, but not worth the price in my opinion. Still glad we went but not a place we would go back to...the rice and beans were my favorite thing that came with my meal, but it was different than the rice and beans at The Fish Fry place and I liked TFF's so much better.

We had daquaris at the Dacquari Shack and I thought they were very yummy. We shopped at the market that is right there across from the Sheraton and found a few things. Seems all the booths have about the same stuff and they will bargain.

During out days, we took our beer to the beach and just hung out. The beach vendors we there but not aggressive or anything like that. If we had more time we would have done a boat cruise but we'll save it for next time.

The Coconut Man was there one day and I did have two of his piña coladas served in a coconut. He even made sure to match my umbrella in my drink to my swim suit! So sweet.

My only complaint about our stay is it wasn't long enough. Nassau is definitely somewhere we will go back!

The WWII is a lovely property and as some have mentioned it is older but that doesn't take anything away from all the good things there are about it.

Stayed: March 2012
7  Thank TXTulip
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This is a small timeshare built in the 70's with nondescript, suburban style architecture. Although unit was clean, it could use some fresh paint, new kitchen and bathroom counters, and new window coverings. Vertical blinds in 2nd floor loft bedroom didn't keep out light from nearby parking lot, so bring an sleep mask. Grounds were generally well maintained, but our patio/deck had cigarette butts in what should have been a planter box. The (small) beach was not raked, so shredded plastic was strewn on sand. Price was good - seemed to be in the budget category.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends