“the owners are the best”

Orange Hill Beach Inn
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
“the owners are the best”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

there is nothing like going somewhere far away from home yet still feeling like you are being taken care of by family. To encounter a hotel that runs An "honor bar" in this day and age is unheard of, but that is the atmosphere of this fine homey establishment. I experienced many problems with my vacation in the Bahamas, but the folks at orange Hill Resort went above and beyond 2 try to help me and give me a desire to come back again. And of course i know I'll be staying..... Thank you Orange Hill. Peace

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank bsteele7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Cowes, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We needed a single night hotel accommodation before our vacation rental became available and Orange Hill was well located near the airport. Management and staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were a good size with good a/c. However, other reviews are right that the place does have a run down feel and much of the common areas such as around the pool are neglected and scruffy. The whole place including the rooms could have been cleaner but in part things were clean but not helped by the old fixtures and fittings. Some serious refurbishment work would make this place outstanding as an independent hotel but as it is, honestly a single night was enough. Sorry to say this as the staff were so nice but I hope they can make the investment in it to bring it up to standard.

Room Tip: An upper floor would be our choice
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Location is good but property feels neglected. Rooms need paint and upgrading. Pleasant staff, but very laid- back and not terribly friendly. Food is decent but very pricy for what is served. Stayed one night here to be close to airport. Sorry, but cannot recommend and would probably not stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank drdia

Travelers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This was a disappointment. Seriously run down. Ants in one of our rooms. Needed a major refurbishment. Variable restaurant service. One night the waitress totally forgot one of our party of three, in a very quiet dining room.a real pity because it could be great.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank K R
Boca Grande, Florida
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My son and I stayed here for a couple of nights on our way to another island, because it was close to the airport.. We found it to be a great place for a day or two. Easy going, pretty good food, honour bar, beach close by, ok pool, modest price clean room, good rum, easy trip by bus downtown if your want. Would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank duncanacross
Auburn, California
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had an amazing stay here. The food is decisions, the beds are comfortable, the pool is warm, the service is great. The inn is also very close to the airport which is extremly convinent. And, the inn is just across the street from the amazing water. I highly reccomend Orange Hill Beach Inn for anyone planning on enjoying a stay at this beautiful island.

Room Tip: I suggest rooms looking out to the ocean.... It makes a better stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
bloomfield hills, mi
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Spirit airlines cancelled our flight too late for us to make different arrangements to catch our cruise ship. Subsequently, we needed to make a rush booking to Nassau to meet up with the ship. I booked this hotel on hotels.com as I was simply trying to find an inexpensive place to stay at the very last minute. The gentleman at the desk was the perfect host for me after an incredible long day of flying and frustrations. He took over and ordered pizza, told me exactly the $ needed. The bar is on an honor system and nicely stocked. Sodas for my daughter. Our room was clean. I agree with the other reviews that the hotel is run down. The shower spout was barely hanging on and the curtain was not as clean as I would have liked. There was only 1 light. The pillows did need to be changed. BUT, this was the perfect spot for one night for a desperate traveling family. The restaurant for breakfast in the morning was pleasant and the lady responsible for check out was very kind. The laid back atmosphere and the staff at this place is what appeals. I would stay here again. Although, I would like new pillows. The pool was nice and we did walk the beach for a few minutes. It is right across the street.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank adawosdi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Compass Point Beach Resort
Towne Hotel
#20 of 37 in Nassau
Coral Harbour Beach House and Villas
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Orange Hill Beach Inn? Share your experiences!