“Loved it”

Blue Lagoon Segway Safari Tour
Ranked #4 of 129 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: These trained dolphins are playful and friendly, specializing in giving visitors a ride on the "dolphin surf," where one of these gentle creatures pushes you through the water with their snout.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Beautiful beach nice people clean quiet we really enjoyed the day. Great snorkeling. We booked it with our cruise and it was so much better than spending the dat shopping

1  Thank Barbara C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,459)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went for the dolphin swim as well as the day at the beach. The whole trip was extremely well organized. Although commercialized, they do a very nice job of preserving the beautiful, serene nature on the island. Beach was the most beautiful we have ever seen - worth it just for the beach day! Lunch was included in the fee for the beach day - it consisted of a spread of chicken, salad, fries, burgers (not bad for a day at the beach). A bit pricey but well worth the cost.

1  Thank travel_love988
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I swam with dolphins. My wife had the dolphin encounter. Excellent staff. Great experience. Well trained dolphins. Well worth the money. Both of us Loved it.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We went to Dolphin Encounters recently while on vacation in Nassau. My girlfriends has always wanted to swim with dolphins and if you also have that wish then this is the place to do it! Top notch experience.

1  Thank Jason J
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Originally, this excursion did not start out well. I bought the tickets with our hotel booking and there was false advertising. The advertising for BLI on bookit.com said "day at the island AND interact/swim with dolphins". WELL, after paying 20$ to get to the ferry dock from our hotel, we checked in and were told it was ONLY a beach day we bought. (Bookit had NO MENTION of paying extra to actually get in the water with dolphins!!!!) Of course we didn't bring a credit card to this because we didn't want to lose it and the whole point of going there was to interact with them, so we took a cab back to the hotel costing another $30!! HOW DEPRESSING!!!!! I was very let down. So my husband rescheduled for 2 days later and we went. We lost our 50pp$ for the 1st beach day and had to pay $98pp for the interaction.I thought the time we spent with the dolphins was good...not too short. We fed "Shawn" (our dolphin), hugged him, kissed him, rubbed its tummy, felt his teeth and tongue and even danced with him! If you do this, you get broken up into 2 groups of about 8 people. You have to kneel in a line in the water at the edge of an underwater platform and the dolphin swims up to you. I HIGHLY recommend wearing water shoes to walk on the platform as it is a bit slimy with algae and felt slick, but it's safe. Also, I brought a water camera and it was allowed!!!!!! I must admit, I wish we had enough money to buy the video of the interaction, but it was VERY pricey. So we just have to hope the water camera pictures turn out. As for the food, the jerk & BBQchicken was good. French fries ok, and that's about all I ate. We didn't buy any of the alcoholic drinks because we had spent enough $ already! LOL. THe ferry ride is nice, a bit long and if you take the last ferry back to the hotel at 4:30pm, then you will have all the workers from the lagoon on your boat so it was crowded. I recommend doing this excursion, but take the 10:30am ferry to the island. the 1:30 ate up our whole last day there and we didn't get back to the hotel until about 5:30pm...Not good! It's a once in a lifetime experience for us, and my husband and I are VERY happy we did it! YOu will laugh a lot and have tons of memories and happy stories to share!
P.S. THe water in mid Feb was ok...No one needed a wet suit, although they were supplied (Not sure if that costs extra too) THey also have LITTLE lockers to lock ur valuables in (for free) I wished I knew that before we left for the excursion,would have made things a lot easier the 1st time around!!! OVerall, be prepared to spend ALOT of $!

6  Thank RachelC515