“fun” 3 of 5 bubbles

Blue Lagoon Segway Safari Tour
Ranked #3 of 123 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: These trained dolphins are playful and friendly, specializing in giving visitors a ride on the "dolphin surf," where one of these gentle creatures pushes you through the water with their snout.
Cobourg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was a nice experience but very expensive. We went at 1 pm and were told we cold use beach and all ammenities but thats untrue. The water slides are sectioned off and are $15 each to enter. Food is not included as was advertised. Staff was very pushy to buy pictures and videos. Cost us $275.00 to interact with dophin and sea lion for ten minutes. You would think we could use a blow up water float for that price.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank LisaRachel

• Greek first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dream come true”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I got married in august 2000 our honeymoon choice was greatly influenced by the dolphin encounter that could be had as swimming with dolphins was our dream.The worst weather that we had on our trip to the Bahamas happened to be on the day we went to blue lagoon just caught the tail of a hurricane but what an experience the feeling of being in the water with mammals of equal intelligence was out of this world.The guides were amazing and helped us to understand the whole reason behind what was being done and the fact that the dolphins were free to chose if they took part or not, Alfonse was our guide and made us feel welcome, to get married to my beautiful wife and swim with the dolphins at blue lagoon in the same two weeks was a dream come true its a trip you HAVE to make do not miss out on the greatest experience of your life

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Paula 'n' Lee M
Amherst, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We loved everything at this small private island. Definitely you have to go there. Amazing beaches, perfect for a kids and a lot of water attractions.

2 Thank Mirka K
Hamilton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

this was an amazing experience I will never forget! I did the dolphin swim and was not dissapointed. the dolphins are well trained and the trainers are very good at what they do. the Island also focuses on educated the public on sea life conservation which I find very important! Put this on your TO DO list when visiting the bahamas

1 Thank Katelyn P
Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Family of four had a good time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I booked the Dolphin Encounter (not swim) for my family of four on Saturday, January 25 as a port excursion from our Disney Magic cruise. My 7yo had been talking about swimming with dolphins for a year. I was nervous we would regret not paying $300 more to swim, vs. encounter, the dolphins but it turned out great. The dolphin was bigger than my 7yo and very muscular and she turned out to be afraid/hesitant around it. I agree with other reviewers that $159/adult to encounter the dolphins is way too much, but it was a once in a lifetime chance for us and I'm glad we splurged. We danced with the dolphin, got kissed, petted him, etc. The educational part before the encounter was fine, but they were trying to upsell the swim vs. the encounter. It was surprising that for all the emphasis on taking pictures during the encounter that they did not try to sell them to us very hard. We did not buy pictures or even see any of ours to buy. I brought a disposable water proof camera and had no problem using it.

After the encounter, we ate lunch at the main beach for $42, $15 per adult and $6 per child (my oldest is 10yo). It was tasty, not gourmet, and a good portion. (If you are more frugal, they offer hot dog meals for $7 near the dolphin gift shop and have a beautiful picnic area behind it overlooking the ocean, not the lagoon). Then we lounged on the beach and the kids swam in the lagoon. (There is also a small beach on the ocean side just past the picnic tables with an amazing view!) It was very uncrowded when we went. My kids wanted to go in the inflatable course for $15/person, but I was able to reason with them that 1 hour was not enough time to do that (it was 1pm and we were going to catch the 2pm ferry). Plus, I'm not sure my 7yo could have swum out to some of the inflatables. I would have happily stayed until the 4pm ferry to enjoy the lagoon more, but my husband (not a beach guy) wanted to catch the 2pm ferry to make sure we had plenty of time to return to the boat unhurried.

Here's our timeline: 9:45 met with other cruisers going to Blue Lagoon on the Disney Magic. Got towels, signed in, debarked, etc. Boarded the Blue Lagoon ferry at 10:10. Arrived at Blue Lagoon at 11:10 - yes , that's not 20 min. to get there like I read somewhere. We stopped at Paradise Island to pick up other passengers. Plus, we waited at that dock 10 minutes for a last minute family. We had our dolphin encounter when we arrived and ate lunch and were finished with all that by 1pm. We enjoyed the beach from 1-2pm when we boarded the return ferry. It left dock at 2:10 and we got back to Nassau proper at 3pm after dropping off passengers at Paradise Island.

All in all, I liked it!