“This place has everything for a fun day.”
Review of Blue Lagoon Island

Blue Lagoon Segway Safari Tour
Ranked #3 of 123 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: These trained dolphins are playful and friendly, specializing in giving visitors a ride on the "dolphin surf," where one of these gentle creatures pushes you through the water with their snout.
PA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“This place has everything for a fun day.”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We spent the day just sunning and snorkeling. As a snorkel place, it wasn't the greatest. Not many fish, but just being in the water is fun. As we had picked the place mainly to snorkel, this was a bit of a disappointment. The lunch they served was ok, not spectacular, but you did get quite a bit of food. We were able to watch the dolphins get fed and trained right before we left for the afternoon and that was a lot of fun. A taxi service picked us up at our resort for a fee of $12.00 per person to take us to the boat that took us over to Blue Lagoon Island. If you are staying around Atlantis, skip the taxi and just walk over.

1 Thank havesuitcase

• Greek first
Hamilton, Canada
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Dophin encounter expensive & short”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We booked our trip online prior to coming to the Bahamas based on online reviews. We were quite disappointed with the trip. Have done better ones in other countries, such as Cuba (!) We paid $300 for a family of 4 because our daughter is under 3 years old. We spent about 5-10 minutes total with a dolphin collectively. They didn't give young kids any time to adjust to the animal before it came around and splashed them, which got us off to a bad start. They weren't particularly fond of the dolphin noises either. My kids were almost 3 and 6 at the time. There were some toys in the water for kids to play with at the beach. You could spend extra and ride water bikes, do the climbing stuff, etc. The beach was pretty small.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank HammerHeidi
Apopka, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nature's Paradise”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Worth the trip, the locals go above and beyond to attend your every need. Take the zipline drop into the cool springwaters. Bring your camera.

Visited June 2013
Singapore
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Expensive but great experience”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We did the dolphin encounter and had lots of fun. The interaction with the dolphin was wonderful, we kissed, stroke and dance with the dolphin. The whole family had fun.

Gettysburg, PA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“We love sea lion Maggie”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was a trip we booked through the Disney Dream cruise based on positive reviews from people on a Disney forum. We signed up for the sea lion experience and were not disappointed. I will tell you the ferry boat ride over felt long, so if ferryboats make you nauseous, be aware of that.

We were very fortunate as there were only three people signed up in this group, a couple and my daughter (I watched from the viewing deck). I believe signing up for the earliest time available is helpful with crowds. They give you a 411 environmental discussion before getting in the water which was informative and I'm sure they consider it part of their 'ecological' branding. I was a little disappointed that it is still very 'cagey' with the back area looking more like a kennel / zoo than an environmentally appealing enclosure for the sea lions. Not sure how much time they spend in those pens versus the lagoon area. :( But they all looked healthy and the ones playing in the water prior to the experience were jumping around, swimming, coming back up the ramp for fish and chirping.

Each person got lots of one on one time with Maggie the sea lion. I will say as the observer, they are smart with the photos... The observation area is set away from the covered interaction area and in the morning the sun is not kind for pictures at that angle. You have to have a REALLY good camera to get good shots from this vantage point. Having said that, I didn't think the cost of the photos was all that bad considering what other places charge, and was glad to pay that little extra since I know it goes back to caring for the animals and they made for a nice keepsake.

As with any tourist location they need to make money to keep the place up (I've seen my share of zoological dumps and they are depressing). I see a lot of people posting about the nickel and diming. I've come to realize you can run a park two ways - the Disney way where you pay a boat load up front and get the full monty in return or you start at a nominal fee and pay based on what extras you would like to enjoy. This place runs on the latter. You can enjoy the beach for the base rate, the beach play areas for more, the food and professional photography for a little more and the animal encounters for more.

The staff was very friendly and polite without feeling like they are all honing in on your wallet. I thought the beach was beautiful and not overcrowded. It had a natural look without the theme park kitsch feel. Wherever we went there was a staff member around willing to share information on the animals, even the ones who wander in from the open sea (we saw a baby barracuda and a huge grouper wandering the non-netted open sea areas).

If I visit Nassau again I would probably head right back here to visit in a heartbeat.

1 Thank Intrinsicat