“Booked through Disney. Great Day!”
Review of Blue Lagoon Island

Blue Lagoon Segway Safari Tour
Ranked #3 of 125 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: These trained dolphins are playful and friendly, specializing in giving visitors a ride on the "dolphin surf," where one of these gentle creatures pushes you through the water with their snout.
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Booked through Disney. Great Day!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We booked this through our Disney Dream cruise and loved it. I’d read some reviews about how Disney takes too long to organize people and get them ready to go. It still takes a little while, but I think they have improved the system. We did not feel that the wait to get this excursion going was excessive and overall they were very organized.

After getting everyone checked in, we proceeded to exit the ship and were handed off to the Blue Lagoon staff. They gave us a wrist band and two drink tickets each and then loaded us onto their boat. The trip to the Island took about half an hour I think. The island is beautiful. The sand is soft and white, there are plenty of umbrellas and beach chairs everywhere, and the water is clear and blue. There was a shallow area for children and a slightly deeper area for older swimmers. The deeper area was blocked off by a leg of the island and so there were zero waves. I did see one fragment of broken glass in the sand off to the side (from a beer bottle I think?) which I wasn’t thrilled about, but that was the only turn-off.

Around noon they served lunch. We were in the water so we didn’t hear the announcement, but stumbled on it when we came out feeling hungry. The food was good. Basic hamburgers and hot dogs type fare and came with a free drink.

We also decided to explore the side of the Island with the seals and dolphins. You can walk that way and see the sea-animals interact with the guests who paid for the special encounters. There was a stand on the beach that looked like it allowed guests to book an encounter there and then.

My only other complaint is that the woman serving us the free drinks seemed a bit bitter that we were only getting complementary drinks and not paying for alcoholic beverages or flowerier drinks (like frozen lemonade). But that was a moment’s interaction and didn’t really affect our day.

The departure times for the Disney ship were 1pm, 2pm and 4pm (I wish they had a 3pm). We left at 2 because some rain clouds were headed our way. They dropped us off right next to the port. I presume they chose that location because it was raining? I’d read that they dropped other guests near the straw market for shopping, but perhaps I’m mistaken. Either way, we made a quick stop at Turtuga for some Rum cake and then headed back to our ship so the drop off location worked great for us.

2 Thank M G

• Greek first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun & Relaxing in-on”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I went here for my very first Dolphin Encounter, and that it was. Andy was just as adorable as a playing with a baby, but he's a beautiful Dolphin. The trainer our group had was great. After the Dolphin Encounter, I spent the rest of the day on the beach. This place was a bit of heaven on earth. Beautiful, scenic, clean, and spacious. And even though there's a musician playing festive island tunes, the island is serene. Lots of water toys to play on/in. Sisters don't like getting our hair wet, but this place was undeniably worth it.
It was a beautiful sunny day and no rain in sight...at least not until our boat started approaching the Nassau Harbor. Wonderful experience! Will definitely do it again.

Florence, Mississippi
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“2nd visit will be our last”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The first visit in 2003 was astounding & seemed to focus on couples romance. Our 2nd visit was just ok; seemed to focus on kids mostly because of all the "blow up" water slides/toys. Because my husband & I are very private people, the best part was falling asleep in the hammocks-but will be our last visit to Blue Lagoon.

Visited August 2013
Severn, Maryland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great!!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I came here to do the sea lion swim! It was amazing!!!!! The trainer was super friendly, so was Bonnie the sea loin. It cost $90 for the swim then I paid $39 for 3 pictures so worth it. Bonnie gave each person a kiss in the lips,& a hug...to freaking cute! she seemed to be a little bit of a rebel. I had such a great experience. All the stuff here are super friendly. After my sea lion swim I headed to the beach and relaxed till it was time to catch the next ferry...though it was a bit of cloudy day sit pretty. You could sea dolphins swim by while walking around certain areas. I would def. go back again. It also looks like a fabulous place for families or anyone for that matter!

Saint Louis, Missouri
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Relaxing beach day!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited this place while on a recent cruise. The lagoon area is quite large and looks like recent work has been done to bring in more sand for the beach area. There is also an ocean side that not many people went over to. This area was nice and quite to relax. The food was actually surprisingly good. I talked to several people that weren't going to eat and pick food up on the boat...they missed out. Very nice people and everyone wanted to make sure all was good.