“Dolphin Encounter - Amazing!”
Review of Blue Lagoon Island

Blue Lagoon Segway Safari Tour
Ranked #3 of 124 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: These trained dolphins are playful and friendly, specializing in giving visitors a ride on the "dolphin surf," where one of these gentle creatures pushes you through the water with their snout.
Calgary, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Dolphin Encounter - Amazing!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

What an amazing experience! The very best part of our trip to the Bahamas. I would not consider it expensive in comparison to anything else we did and it really was a once in a lifetime experience. The programme was educational as well as entertaining. There are tidy change rooms available. You can purchase professional photos and/or a video of your encounter after your session. We did not feel pressured into buying anything. After our session we walked around to the sea lion enclosure through the gift shop. My mother also joined us as an "observer" where she was able to watch and take her own photos from the dock. Would highly recommend to anyone considering this type activity.

• Greek first
Lancashire, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“brilliant”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great journey to the blue lagoon builds up on the anticipation. There was no availability for the swim though got the experience, Our dolphin was Andy and the trainer was damian. Fantastic and educational. Really get up close and personal with Andy and even got a hug I was nearly in tears was that in love with the whole thing. Though I still mentally struggle with the is it right/wrong it is better they are looked after here and are safer than maybe would be in the wild. I dont want to go on a moral crusade though I loved it and just wanted to take andy home with me, The trainer loved us being english as all others there were american and didnt listen to his advise on where not to stroke andy as the private parts should not be stroked which he tells you in a nice way and a silly american chose to gnore the advice and other stuff. He spoilt me and partner with extra andy hugs and kisses as the caribbean folk seem to have a lot of respect for english. Opportunity to buy dvds and paraphernalia in the shop and I was sad to go. One of my face trips with the zoo . Book before if you really want the swim is probably my best advice, The experience is great though

Visited July 2012
1 Thank pnrsmith
Austin, Texas
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Dolphin Swim - GREAT!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We took the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim excursion from the ship on a recent visit to Nassau. There were several options, observe, interaction and swim. We took the swim and it was pricey, but I tell you I would do it again a 100 times. The whole experience was great, the trainers, the dolphins, the enclosure the good, all of it is a thumbs up. The ride to the excursion was at the port where the ships dock, the ride is about 15 minutes (bring a towel it did get chilly). We had an introductory talk, then got dressed in wet suits and life jackets and in to the water. The dolphins are very large and powerful animals. They gave hugs, they danced, and played. We fed them, and got a push from them. it was so fun and I was leary because I love animals and don;t want them treated with anything but love and respect and kindness. I felt that the animals were happy and healthy at Blue Lagoon. They swam freely and jumped and talked and interacted without commands. When commanded they did all the tricks and we all enjoyed it.
I bought the pictures at the end and they are a treasured reminder of the fun we had in the Bahamas.

2 Thank crapsshooter
Wimberley, Texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“We jet skied over, and the dolphins found us!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Was one of the highlights of our trip!!
My daughter and I jet skied over, from Atlantis area.... It was very early morning, so no one else was out.. It was fantastic!!

2 Thank sarakkd
Athens, Georgia, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best of Dolphin Encounters”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I love Blue Lagoon! The Dolphin Encounter we had on Blue Lagoon was very special and fun! We will be going back there again for sure! They made it a very special experience for my granddaughter and she will not stop talking about it for many many years..........if ever. :) The island has a very wonderful beach with plenty to keep you busy or just relax.