“Dolphins!”

Blue Lagoon Segway Safari Tour
Ranked #3 of 124 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: These trained dolphins are playful and friendly, specializing in giving visitors a ride on the "dolphin surf," where one of these gentle creatures pushes you through the water with their snout.
Albany, New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Dolphins!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

It's not cheap, but it's a once in a lifetime experience. The Dolphins and Sea Lions were amamzing. Don't miss the chance to interact with some of the friendliest creatures on the planet. Much better than the Atlantis Dolphin experience.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Rydogger19

• Greek first
St. Charles, MO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Beach Day package is worth the money”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

As a familiy of five, we purchased the Beach Day package that included lunch. We did not experience the Dolphin Swim. We boarded a two-level, open-air passenger boad with a covered top right off of the same pier as the cruise ship we arrived on, so the walk was fairly short. It was a very nice, scenic boat ride to the lsland that took us right through the harbor between Nassau and Paradise Island. The guide on the boat was friendly and gave us good information. The island was beautiful, and was actaully nicer than what I imagined from the pictures (normally the other way around), and was very clean / well kept. The water in the lagood was crystal clear, the beach was partially shaded with palm trees, and the water depth was perfect for small children, as the depth gain was very gradual. I see some complaining about it being too shallow, but if you walk far enough out, it is over your head. There are plenty of chairs and some hammocks around to use for free. They advertise the floating water toys, like inflatable slides are free, but the catch is that you have to have a life vest on to go in that corralled area, and life vests are rented for $15 each. If you arent interestedin that, then there is plenty of swimming/wading area outside of it. The open ocean beach is on the other side, about a 500 ft. walk. On that side, the beach there is very nice also, but because of the steeper slope and rocks, is not safe for smaller children. There were some people snorkeling in this area, and there is a lifeguard. The lunch was a buffet line with a couple of choices (burger or chicken), and was adequate for a quick lunch. There is a pavilion with tables to eat in with lots of room. The cocktails were priced in the $5-$8 range as expected and were good. The boat ride back took us around the other side of Paradise Island, so the scenery was a little different. They served a solo cup of rum punch to everybody on the boat for free. The only complaint I have is that we wished the time was for a little longer, like another 1-2 hours, but it wasn't like it seemed like we had to leave right after we arrived. Other than when buying drinks, I was never in a situation where i felt like tips were in order, nor was I pressured for them. All in all, we are glad we took this excursion.

10 Thank MORockwood
Scranton
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Magical and amazing”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband, me and our three boys just did this December 26, the ship got us there late, the bus to take us to the tender was late, and I think I could have swam there faster, it got us to our excursion an hour late, but NOTHING could take away the wonder of this experience. The staff did everything they could to accommodate us and make sure the experience was what we paid for. The trainers were over the top nice, informative, and clearly loved these wonderful creatures. Whoever wrote they were housed in small cages were not where we were, their numerous enclosures were clean, natural and spacious. The lifespan of a dolphin is 25 years in the wild, at Blue Lagoon they have a dolphin that is over 40, that is quite a testament to their care. We were extra blessed because both dolphins in our swim had babies under a year old in the enclosure with them, so so precious. The babies kept bumping into my middle son and popping their head out of the water to look at my youngest, when my oldest son was setting up for the foot push the trainer had both adult dolphins with him and one of the babies started pushing my son, so flipping sweet! I can't way to go again and spend a full day, heck I hugged a dolphin! As for the rest of the staff, some were so so but most were really sweet and kind.

1 Thank MicheleG570
Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Got to experience swimming with the dolphins, it was fantastic! Suitable for all ages, water freezing though.

3 Thank COCO999-12
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Sea Lions!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I took my family on Christmas Day to the Sea Lion encounter . We all loved it . The trainers are great and the sea lions are fun... The trainer is with you at all times .

1 Thank mamap1221