“Dolphins Enjoying Themselves”

More Info
$74.00*
and up
Blue Lagoon Island All-Inclusive Beach Day from Nassau
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Frisco, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dolphins Enjoying Themselves”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I think the dolphins were having just as much fun as my husband and I. We were able to spend some good quality time with the animals, the trainer was a wealth of information and, overall, the excursion was one of the better ones we have been on. We booked through our cruise ship so we would not have to deal with any hassles. The tour operators ran things smoothly and we did not feel rushed at all. The facilities are better than what I expected with lots of room for walking around and places to store our equipment. The best part was that while there were several opportunities for "add on" sales, the staff were not annoying about it. I'd go back.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Carol S

28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Friendly, knowledgeable staff and awesome dolphins. A MUST..”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My son and I did the dolphin encounter and loved it. A catamaran takes you to the small island where, in addition to the dolphin Encounter, you can also enjoy the beach and a few play areas. Initially, my son was petrified to even put his feet in the water with the dolphins. He was jumping around and carrying on when the dolphin came near him. Our instructor was awesome. He let everyoneelse go before us, and let us go last. He was patient with my son and before you know it, he had warmed up to the dolphin. He danced with her, touched her teeth, fed her, and gave her lots of kisses. We got some awesome shots of him with the dolphins, and lots of great memories and laughs for a lifetime. Young and old alike will enjoy the Dolphin Encounter, and the good thing is that you don't have to know how to swim to do the Encounter. Unfortunately there are no ATM machines on the island, so please take cash to tip the instructors. At the end of the experience you will definitely see how much they are deserving of it.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank kee146
Springfield, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best All Around”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We just went to Nassau on a cruise ship and took the dolphin swim experience. This was such a amazing and intimate experience one almost can not describe it with words how it makes you feel to be able to hold and touch these dolphins. The instructors didnt seem rushed and really wanted to make sure everyone had a great encounter with the dolpIhins. I have problems with my knee that makes me not to be able to extend it all the way straight that is needed for the push I attempted the push twice but wasnt able to go very far. I told them this was ok and Vance who went above and beyond compassionate with me regarding my diablity and made sure I got the time well deserved with the dolphin since I could not do the push. He didnt have to do this for me the park was closing and everyone was ready to go home but he made sure I was happy and pleased so THanks So Much Vance for making my experience the best it could be with my disability. Everyone must try this and everyone you meet in this park is friendly and goes above the call of duty to help with anything you ask.

Visited November 2012
Frankfurt, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Love dolphins ...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a disappointing experience with dolphin encounter at the dolphin research center in Florida this has been really the experience as we expected it to be. You are really getting as close as possible to the dolphins, have plenty of time with them, can touch them, learn a lot about them. We never had a feeling that the dolphins did not like what they were doing. Very nice experience and worth every dollar we spent there.

The trainers and staff are very helpful, nice, polite, funny ...

Here some recommendations: Leave all your valuables and gems in the hotel. You need to take them off anyway. You will need to wear a special swim or diving suite. You cannot take your own pictures, but need to buy photos after the encounter from the host. This might take quite a while, because all parties will rush to the photo desk after the encounter. Pictures are pretty expensive. However staff will tell you, they are spending most of the money for the dolphins.

Anyway, a great and perfect experience. If you have enough time, consider the offer for a one-day trainee encounter.

Visited September 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I did the Dolphin Swim on our honeymoon, and we had a ball! It is such an amazing experience being in the water with these creatures! The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, and the island was beautiful. The experience was pricey, yes, but in my opinion, worth every penny! Next time, I'm hoping we'll have time to spend on the island after our swim!

Visited October 2012