“Cool view!!”

$19.99*
Self-Guided Audio Tour of Nassau
Ranked #22 of 129 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Owner description: Underground passages and dungeons lie underneath this old fort, built in 1787.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I read somebody wrote that they 'force' you to tip! I don't find that to be true!¨Most of the things there are very cheap so I didn't think it was an end of the world to give $1 for entrance! I am from Europe where tipping is not that common but I've been living in USA for some time and THERE you really have to tip everyone. In Nassau people are so kind and friendly (and poor) that you WANT TO tip and I didn't feel forced to do anything.
Anyway, there weren't many tourists except for us so that made the whole experience better, the view is great and it's really cheap!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

When you visit ANY of the Forts in Nassau, be prepared... the guide almost demand that you give them a tip!! It sort of caught us off guard. The group we were with after the encounter with the pushy tour guide, we all had this astonished look on our faces. One man tipped the guide and after that, well the guide felt that we all should tip. He was very pushy. Being in another country we didn’t want to make the locals mad, so my husband gave him $2 so he would back off.
Just keep that in mind when you go. My husband made the mistake of not having small bills on him and told me that. The guide over heard our conversations and told me that I can go and get change and give it to him. Talk about pressure!!! So be aware

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My fiance and I visited Fort Charlotte on a rainy Nassau day last weekend. We were the only visitors in the entire fort, which made for a very personal touring experience. The signs could stand to be more informative (some of them were falling apart and missing information), but overall, they provided a reasonable amount of history. I wasn't entirely impressed by any of the views from up top, but it was a rainy day, so there wasn't a great deal to be seen.

I would definitely recommend the fort to any history buffs!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Lots of educational information and the views are wonderful. Spent an hour walking through the Fort and reviewing the information regarding the fort. But the star is the views.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Fort Charlotte is the only standing fort on the island of Nassau, Bahamas. It is a small fort compared to the fort in Old San Juan but similar in the way it was constructed. The soldiers quarters are very small and dark but the view from the top is the highest point on the island. Great photo opportunity. The Queen's Staircase is nearby which was an escape route for the soldiers if they came under heavy attack. An interesting attraction to learn some history of the island.

2  Thank candycorn1