“Great place to spend an hour or two!”

Pirates of Nassau Museum
Self-Guided Audio Tour of Nassau
Ranked #10 of 128 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Wax exhibits celebrate the history of pirates in the Bahamas. Self guided tour.
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited here while at a port of call on a cruise. I didnt expect much more than a dilapidated tourist trap and I think my wife felt the same. We held off until late in the afternoon before visiting, primarly because I had to coax my wife into spending what little time we had in port to visit here. Paid our ticket and off we went not knowing what to expect. We were both surprised at how well everthing had been done and the details that went into each exhibit. At one point you actually feel like your below decks on a pirate ship. A definite family site as well as history or pirate buff site. It was very education as well as entertaining. Old and young alike, This is a great place to spend an hour or two. This is just a short walk from the cruise ships and just around the corner from the straw market. I would reccomend this place to anyone traveling to Nassau. Theres even a pirate gift store for souvenirs.

3  Thank twant4

Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you're in Nassau and don't want to spend a lot on pricey excursions this museum is a great alternative. We were all impressed with the displays and the information that was new even to me - a history buff. Even if your interest in pirates is minimal - the history of the island is quite interesting. I would say, though, that you really do need to stop and read everything to get the most out of the museum - a walk through would not do it justice.
The fee was $12 for adults, but anyone under 18 is considered a "child" and pays $6. Well worth the entrance price.

1  Thank kristd
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I gave this little pirate museum a 5 rating because of the value. For only $12 in a busy tourist destination, it was well worth the visit! The scenes that were recreated for the museum were very well thought out and executed and gave you the feeling of really being in an ancient port town. It was fun, interactive, and we learned a few new things about pirates on our visit. It took us just over an hour to walk through while reading all of the pirate facts and trivia.

5  Thank JIwata
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We found this museum threw Carnival's excursions. We did a tour of the city (very interesting) then we were dropped off here. There was a 1800's schooner in the building. It was taken apart and put back together. Wow. They had it set up where you can walk threw the ship. There was tons of cool stuff to look at.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We attended the museum as part of a Forts and Pirates tour originating from our cruise ship. It was a lot of fun right from the start when we were first greeted by our pirate guide. The museum was really great. It is nicely arranged, has interesting and informative displays.

3  Thank Cyn_and_Stu