“Two Thumbs up!!!”

British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I have stayed at many nice hotels all over the world, however this hotel was the most relaxing and most friendly hotel that I have ever stayed at. This hotel is a must for the business person or individual that is looking for a quiet, clean, and safe retreat from the busseling noise and activity of the island. quiet rooms and a private beach made my trip very relaxing and productive. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,444)

Reviewed November 21, 2010

We found the hotel to be very clean. The reception staff were very friendly. The housekeeper who maintained our room for the week was Delvera and she provided excellent service. The dining room had very good food and service. We found the location to be very handy to shopping, dining and sightseeing - we walked everywhere. The hotel facilities including pool, and private beach were great.
Vicki and Shane
Canada

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2010

The staff members at the hotel are incredibly nice. I stay at this hotel frequently for business, and I am always greeted with a smile. Andrea in the hotel restaurant always stops by to say hello during breakfast. She epitomizes the local charm and spirit of the Bahamas, which as a solo traveler is much appreciated!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2010

The hotel facilities were wonderful and the staff went out of their way to ensure that our group was well cared for. If I was going to go for a short trip to see Nassau for the first time, I couldn't think of a better place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton while attending a wedding which was being held at one of the large Cable Beach hotels. We are so glad we chose to stay at the Hilton rather than the wedding hotel. The Hilton has a great location, is close to great restaurants and shopping, has a nice beach, and is well-maintained. We stayed on the executive floor and took advantage of the lounge for breakfast and evening drinks -- it was very nice. The wedding hotel was run down and distant from anything else we would have wanted to do while on the island.

But most importantly, the staff at the Hilton were exceptional. They were uniformly friendly and helpful throughout our 3-night stay. I am especially grateful to them for one thing, though -- I left my camera in a taxi returning from the wedding to the Hilton. Naturally, I did not have a taxi number or driver name. The Hilton staff (Executive Lounge staff, front desk and bell stand) all jumped into action and managed to help track down the driver and my camera, which was returned about 2 hours later. I can't thank the Hilton enough, and my nephew and his bride now have a couple of hundred wedding photos which would have been lost without the efforts by the Hilton staff.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2010

The Hotel is very clean, staff great, and good bar and restuarant. We were travelling with an Infant and I am a Diamond member so we had access to the executive lounge. However in the evening we were not able to take our daughter. This was disapointing as we had to tag team to use it (we were not told this at booking or check in),. or use the hotels baby sitting service, which we did to go out for dinner elswhere. Location in Nassau is great for walking around (however the pavement (sidewalk) is a bit of an off road experience with a stroller).

All that being said I think pretty much all the staff were great with our infant and helping out (even leaving extra bottles of water for us to make up formula).

The bar area and beach furniture definately need a make over, especially being in such a great location. We also enjoyed watching the daily cruise ships come in and out.

We were on a points stay so we were covered, but I would say the room rates were high unless you can get a deal.

It was still a good experience though.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I have been staying at this hotel for 3 years and since the refurbishment it has made it a must to stay at! Beds and pillows are the best in the world outside of my own at home and wow, one really gets a great nights sleep. the staf are easily the friendliest from housekeeping to management everyone is willing to help! Personally, having stayed at some wonderful properties, this matches and often exceeds the best anywhere. you MUST give this a try!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
#1 of 37 in Nassau
3 mi away
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph...
#11 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to British Colonial Hilton Nassau? Share your experiences!