We just got back from one week in the Bahamas. We had two rooms on the sixth floor at the British Colonial Hilton. The rooms had been recently renovated with marble tiled floors in the bedroom and bath. The beds were very comfortable with plenty of pillows. One room was facing the street. There was a fair amount of street noise at night. It didn't seem to faze my daughters (age 15 and 10) at all though. The room was nicely appointed, although the bathroom was a bit cramped. Our room was across the hall facing the ocean. It was quieter, and had a large bathroom with plenty of counter space, a separate glass shower, a tub, and a toilet with a very efficient flush. (I have to mention this because we went over to Paradise Island for two days, and stayed at the Comfort Suites in order to access the Aquaventure park at Atlantis. I would not recommend the Comfort Suites at all. The room was tired. The handle on the toilet kept falling off, the drain for the tub was not working properly, and the beds were very uncomfortable. My husband had no feeling in his legs for two days as a result of sleeping on the matress.)
The service at the British Colonial Hilton was exceptional. Every employee made a point of greeting you and asking if everything was all right. My husband travels a great deal and has stayed at Hilton family hotels throughout the U.S. and Canada, and he said that the service at this hotel was without a doubt the best he has come across. The maid service was terrific, and our room was always cleaned by noon. The pool was warm and there were ample towels. We had breakfast each morning in the Portofino restaurant. The food was great and there was an excellent variety of items. When the renovations are complete, this is going to be a beautiful hotel and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on downtown Nassau’s only private beach and the site of Old Fort Nassau, the British Colonial Hilton in the Bahamas has undergone a multi-million renovation throughout all areas of the hotel, and offers a taste of the island’s rich history, along with some of the most modern amenities for both business and vacation travelers. What’s more the hotel is only 25 minutes from Nassau (Lynden Pindling International) Airport. The hotel is a true Bahamian experience with a marble-tiled lobby and is studded with palm trees under a skylight ceiling. There are 288 luxuriously appointed guest rooms with harbor or island views. All rooms are furnished with tasteful decor, complemented by separate shower and bathtub. One-bedroom suites offer a separate living area with sofa bed, and Executive accommodations are also available along with the Executive Lounge, where attentive hotel staff assures that every need and whim will be met during your stay. Recreational activities are convenient and varied for leisure and business travelers alike. A 300-ft long private white sand beach is furnished with lounge chairs and thatched sunshades overlooking the harbor offering a peaceful and secluded access for an ocean swim or a day in the sun. Use of kayaks and snorkeling gear on the beach is complimentary. Bordered on one side by a tropical garden, the hotel's freshwater pool offers harbor views and has an expansive sundeck with lounge chairs and umbrellas. Both the sundeck and beach offer views of cruise ships moored nearby, and of the western tip of Paradise Island, 300 yards offshore. Guests can snooze in hammocks on the lawn adjacent to the pool. The property can also organize trips out reef snorkeling island exploring, boating, golf, tennis and scuba diving. For dining options, Aqua is a fun, casual restaurant serving international favorites with a Caribbean flair, or guests can meet up for cocktails at the Bullion Bar. The new Bullion Bar is the 'place to be seen' for happy hour with great drink specials and tasty snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your British Colonial Hilton Nassau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Nassau
- Nassau Hilton
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Bahamas