“What were they seeing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Inwood, West Virginia
“What were they seeing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I use and value tripadvisor very much. I always read the bad reviews first and then go to the good ones, just my crazy way. Well the people that gave the British Colonial Hilton bad reviews did not see what I saw. My room only had one small issue that I fixed. The room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and either addressed me by name or at least Sir. I cannot think of anything about this hotel that was bad. Be advised you will have taxes and other charges added to your bill, but they are on a sign where you check in. As for the other things at the hotel; the beach was beautiful, the pool was clean, the bar was well stocked, the fitness center was up to date and clean, room service was good. I guess if I had to say anything bad about the hotel, (and I am really digging here) was the menu. The menu was small but everything I ordered was cooked to order and tasted great.

Now I do have a complaint about Hilton Customer Service Rep Mr. Tony Johnson Jr., this guy basically blew me off when I had a complaint about a Hilton I stayed in a few months ago. My stay was so bad I was to the point of NEVER staying in another Hilton. BC Hilton had given me back some " faith " in customer service but no thanks to Mr. Johnson.

Overall this was a very pleasant stay !!

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
1 Thank firemanstep
Kara A, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to British Colonial Hilton Nassau. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff, room, fitness center and pool.

We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food from Room service.

We value your feedback and look forward to other opportunities to serve you in the future.

Kara Armbrister

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had reserved a suite with a water view, and when I arrived they had no suite available even though I had prepaid in full! Unbelievable. They did offer me 20% off of my room due to this, but this is still dishonest to have sold pre-paid rooms that are not available at check-in. Will stay at Marriott in the future, as I normally do.

3 Thank Mark D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with everything a business traveler needs. Would highly recommend the breakfast buffet at Aqua. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and comfortable beds. Close proximity to Nassau hot spots, while not too far from airport.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent visit to British Colonial Hilton Nassau. Guest satisfaction is the utmost importance to us, we do appreciate your feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you would highly recommend our breakfast buffet and pleased to hear that you found our our staff to be friendly and rooms clean and comfortable.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you again the near future.

Best Wishes,
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was our first trip to bahamas but we've been almost every island In Caribbean, my husband booked the hotel with Priceline, when I looked at the comments and reviews I was so disappointed. But when we got there everything was amazing the room was clean and ready on time we requested ocean view and we got it. At the front desk Patricia was very polite and pleasant to deal with, Tristan at concierge was amazing we went out to eat every night and all the places he recommended were very impressive, also the beach is private and always clean, and the cruse ships are not a bother at all. And the hotel is 5 min away from the shops.

You won't be disappointed from this hotel I would defenatly go back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kara A, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your most recent visit with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your first trip to the Bahamas and British Colonial Hilton Nassau.

We are extremely happy that Patricia and Tristan contributed to you having a great stay and will definitely let them know.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to many more opportunities to show you our hospitality.

Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Day 1 started with sticky mixed with sandy floors from the get-go... Then the huge wasp in the room that my husband had to kill... The leaky shower ... The next 4 days... The same but add an across-the-hallway neighbor whom security had to quiet multiple times in the middle of the nights.. Too drunk to realize that they were gnawing at our door instead of theirs... Concierges who directed us to places that were closed! Elevators with minds of their own and ice dispensers that were broken the entire 5 days that we were there! The room attendant doesn't actually clean the room but picks up the sopping wet towels damming the leaky shower, even when you call them to please clean the room. Service was not mean nor helpful though...just going through the motions... Food is horrible ... Eat elsewhere. I expected more than what we got. Location is good.

Room Tip: In addition to the rates you have paid online, they will tack on $17 per person per day for unclear...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank critic444
Dear Guest,

We regret that we were unabale to meet your expectations. As hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process. Therefore, your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments for immediate evaluation and action as needed.

Should you decide to return, please contact me directly and I will arrange all of the necesary details.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I decided to give this hotel another chance after my stay in July 2012. Big mistake. I am not sure of the clientele that this Hotel is aiming at, but one thing is very clear - at the standard room rates of 300 USD plus taxes, it is grossly overrated. The upper management of the Hilton Group would do well to pay a visit to the place incognito to experience just how bad it is. The rooms are nothing to be proud of, being small and poorly equipped - the mini-bar is particularly surreal, in that it is totally empty. And forget about having any water provided - you will get two small bottles upon check in (if you are lucky - i had to ask twice for water to be delivered to the room), and after that, you will have to buy the water at extortionate prices in the lobby or venture to a local shop. The major problem with this hotel is that some of the most important staff - particularly two of the long-serving staff at the front desk - have no personal manner to speak of, are often dismissive and occasionally just plain rude. Also, the breakfast is very poor and overpriced. No healthy options and very limited fresh fruit on offer, with nothing even remotely Bahamian. Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have no other choice, at least get a room that faces the ocean, although the hotel charges a...
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you staying with us a second time, but are disturbed to learn we fell short of your expectations.

We sincerely apologize for the unacceptable level of service that you received from our staff, and can assure you that this is certainly not the norm. your feedback has been communicated to the relevant department to avoid reoccurence of such n the future.

If there is anything we can do to make your future stay more comfortable and satisfactory please let us know.

We appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed here several times on business and I've never been disappointed. For the business traveler it's a great location as it's conveniently located right downtown next to all the shops and restaurants yet still maintains a tropic resort like atmosphere for after-hours when there is some time to unwind. It's a water-front hotel with a small beach, pool and a pool-side bar. I've eaten often at the Aqua restaurant and I would recommend the catch of the day as it's always cooked fresh. Because it's a Hilton you can expect all the comforts in the room. Although I stay here on business there are still lots of tourists as it's a great location.

My suggestions to improve your stay: the Bahamian dollar is at par with USD. The front desk offers money exchange with no service charges so it was actually cheaper for me to exchange from CDN to USD at the front desk than do it at my local bank. The water in the hotel has an after taste so if you enjoy making a coffee in your room in the AM then you should buy some bottled water. Otherwise there is a Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds right across the street. There is no in-room mini bar but there is a mini-fridge and with a liquor store right across the street - $2.30 per Kailik which is not very cheap but convenient - you can put a couple of bottles in your min-fridge. It's a $12 taxi ride to Atlantis. If you visit after 5 PM you can avoid the daytime entrance fees. I enjoy walking around the grounds and the beaches, touring the aquarium and playing some roulette. Make sure you check out the marina to see how the top 1% live. If you are on a budget you may want to avoid eating here as a beer and slice of pizza is around $12.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Kara A, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. Our property is indeed an historic landmark in the heart of downtown Nassau. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the food in Aqua.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kara Armbrister
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to British Colonial Hilton Nassau? Share your experiences!