I use and value tripadvisor very much. I always read the bad reviews first and then go to the good ones, just my crazy way. Well the people that gave the British Colonial Hilton bad reviews did not see what I saw. My room only had one small issue that I fixed. The room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and either addressed me by name or at least Sir. I cannot think of anything about this hotel that was bad. Be advised you will have taxes and other charges added to your bill, but they are on a sign where you check in. As for the other things at the hotel; the beach was beautiful, the pool was clean, the bar was well stocked, the fitness center was up to date and clean, room service was good. I guess if I had to say anything bad about the hotel, (and I am really digging here) was the menu. The menu was small but everything I ordered was cooked to order and tasted great.
Now I do have a complaint about Hilton Customer Service Rep Mr. Tony Johnson Jr., this guy basically blew me off when I had a complaint about a Hilton I stayed in a few months ago. My stay was so bad I was to the point of NEVER staying in another Hilton. BC Hilton had given me back some " faith " in customer service but no thanks to Mr. Johnson.
Overall this was a very pleasant stay !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on downtown Nassau’s only private beach and the site of Old Fort Nassau, the British Colonial Hilton in the Bahamas has undergone a multi-million renovation throughout all areas of the hotel, and offers a taste of the island’s rich history, along with some of the most modern amenities for both business and vacation travelers. What’s more the hotel is only 25 minutes from Nassau (Lynden Pindling International) Airport. The hotel is a true Bahamian experience with a marble-tiled lobby and is studded with palm trees under a skylight ceiling. There are 288 luxuriously appointed guest rooms with harbor or island views. All rooms are furnished with tasteful decor, complemented by separate shower and bathtub. One-bedroom suites offer a separate living area with sofa bed, and Executive accommodations are also available along with the Executive Lounge, where attentive hotel staff assures that every need and whim will be met during your stay. Recreational activities are convenient and varied for leisure and business travelers alike. A 300-ft long private white sand beach is furnished with lounge chairs and thatched sunshades overlooking the harbor offering a peaceful and secluded access for an ocean swim or a day in the sun. Use of kayaks and snorkeling gear on the beach is complimentary. Bordered on one side by a tropical garden, the hotel's freshwater pool offers harbor views and has an expansive sundeck with lounge chairs and umbrellas. Both the sundeck and beach offer views of cruise ships moored nearby, and of the western tip of Paradise Island, 300 yards offshore. Guests can snooze in hammocks on the lawn adjacent to the pool. The property can also organize trips out reef snorkeling island exploring, boating, golf, tennis and scuba diving. For dining options, Aqua is a fun, casual restaurant serving international favorites with a Caribbean flair, or guests can meet up for cocktails at the Bullion Bar. The new Bullion Bar is the 'place to be seen' for happy hour with great drink specials and tasty snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia and Jetsetter so you can book your British Colonial Hilton Nassau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Nassau
- Nassau Hilton
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Bahamas