The bath water was brown and only warm, shower leaked through its door, one bulb in bathroom burnt out on its connections nearly catching fire. One bed room window was boarded up because the glass was cracked, this could be a safety concern as the window was on the sixth flloor and if the glass fell it had the potential to seriously injure someone as there is a main walk way below. Swimming pool was cold, my wife could not use it. People using the hotel from Cruise ships, no room for guests on beach or by pool. Service charges for drinks way over the top. Two computers in Executive lounge did not work/very slow, very old. Both computers in main lounge were good. When I asked about an early check in the desk said OK, then had to wait for three hours. I was told by one desk gentleman that check in was at 4pm, in an abrupt manner. The size of the bed room was very small with very limited draw space, had to use one suitcase for draw space. The room was more like a single room not for two people.
As I am a diamond member I expected better than this. I would not recommend this hotel in anyone and was very disappointed in it.
I have never complained about a hotel in my life, but I will be posting my comments on Trip Adviser with photographs about this hotel.
My name is Raymond Peacock. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on downtown Nassau’s only private beach and the site of Old Fort Nassau, the British Colonial Hilton in the Bahamas has undergone a multi-million renovation throughout all areas of the hotel, and offers a taste of the island’s rich history, along with some of the most modern amenities for both business and vacation travelers. What’s more the hotel is only 25 minutes from Nassau (Lynden Pindling International) Airport. The hotel is a true Bahamian experience with a marble-tiled lobby and is studded with palm trees under a skylight ceiling. There are 288 luxuriously appointed guest rooms with harbor or island views. All rooms are furnished with tasteful decor, complemented by separate shower and bathtub. One-bedroom suites offer a separate living area with sofa bed, and Executive accommodations are also available along with the Executive Lounge, where attentive hotel staff assures that every need and whim will be met during your stay. Recreational activities are convenient and varied for leisure and business travelers alike. A 300-ft long private white sand beach is furnished with lounge chairs and thatched sunshades overlooking the harbor offering a peaceful and secluded access for an ocean swim or a day in the sun. Use of kayaks and snorkeling gear on the beach is complimentary. Bordered on one side by a tropical garden, the hotel's freshwater pool offers harbor views and has an expansive sundeck with lounge chairs and umbrellas. Both the sundeck and beach offer views of cruise ships moored nearby, and of the western tip of Paradise Island, 300 yards offshore. Guests can snooze in hammocks on the lawn adjacent to the pool. The property can also organize trips out reef snorkeling island exploring, boating, golf, tennis and scuba diving. For dining options, Aqua is a fun, casual restaurant serving international favorites with a Caribbean flair, or guests can meet up for cocktails at the Bullion Bar. The new Bullion Bar is the 'place to be seen' for happy hour with great drink specials and tasty snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your British Colonial Hilton Nassau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Nassau
- Nassau Hilton
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Bahamas