“A really nice hotel for business or pleasure”

British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed on business but definitely could come back for pleasure, the room was very good, had an issue with water leaking from the roof but they switched me to another room quickly. Wifi is good and the amenities look pretty good, as I was here on business, I wasn't able to enjoy the pool or the beach, but the view from my room made it clear that they are amazing. Would definitely come and stay here if on vacation.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MariaMarquez, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear jorgelrod,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review your recent stay at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau.

I am very pleased to learn that as a business traveler you were satisfied with your room and quality of our wireless Internet connection.

Upon your return as a leisure guest, I suggest that you take full advantage of our beach and pool area for some ultimate relaxation. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

SIncerely,

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The staff are friendly, service slow. Food is quite good for the price. It is the location that makes me come back, private beach, lovely pool. Great new sun loungers on beach and by pool. They keep trying to improve the place, but fail miserably on simple things....one computer that works out of two....so everybody wants that one...long queues. Plenty of other places to find free wifi though. It is a very quiet hotel, even though close to road. Fantastic views from rooms at back. Really comfy beds. Good clean bathrooms with walk in shower and a bath. Useful toiletries, not junk ones. Lovely revamp of all the hotel.

Room Tip: Anything high up on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank eggybreadUk
MariaMarquez, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review pertaining to your stay at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoy our location, private beach and rooms along with our signature Serenity bed and Peter Thomas Roth toiletries.

We thank you for making us your hotel of choice in Nassau and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spent the day in Nassau as the last stop of our cruise and we were so happy with the decision we made! For $50 per person (if you reserve ahead of time with a 20% deposit) you were able to use the facilities from 9-5 and received a $30 food and drink voucher. As soon as we checked in and paid our balance (credit card only) we stepped out into the courtyard walkway to the pool area. It was very well kept and beautiful. We were greeted and shown the towel hut to grab towels. The pool was a nice size and not very crowded at all. There were plenty of lounge chairs, with a mix in the sun and shade, as well as cabana beds and tables with chairs. The pool was well maintained, with a lifeguard on duty and very refreshing. The beach was also very clean, beautiful water with a great view of the cruise port. There are showers at the edge to rinse off before coming back into the pool area.

The food and drinks are expensive, so that $30 won't get you too far. Local beer was $6.70 each and food started at $11 and went up towards $20 for pub style offerings. The high cost of the food and drink is the only thing keeping me from giving this 5 stars!

I would definitely love to return to Nassau and stay at the British Colonial.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JQH_10

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience as a day visitor.

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed a beautiful day at our beach and pool! We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay so that you may enjoy all of our amenities.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

What a wonderful experience I Enjoyed atTHE BRITISH COLONIAL HILTON, NASSSU.
My HILTON HONORS MEMBERSHIP Really was a blessing.:
I enjoyed a Wonderful room thru my rewards, With a lovely view..
A clean and mildlyFragranced room , a good bed with nice clean linens and lots of pillows
The Staff was very helpful and pleasant.They saw to it that I received al the
HILTON HONORS Amenities with a smile..

Thanks HILTON HONORS and Thanks BRITISH COLONIAL HILTON, NASSAU.
You light up my life!!!!!
Shirley Burrows HH.#935934457

Room Tip: I LIike the oceanview rooms better Yes with the beautiful gardens, the ocean and the large cruise...
1  Thank shirley b
MariaMarquez, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Shirley,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau.

I am truly pleased to learn that we were able to provide you with such a wonderful experience due to our hospitable staff and inviting facilities. We thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel is nice when you walk into the lobby. Our room had a partial view and a big bed which was great . However, the bathroom was kind of old and things like the sink and shower head didn't work well. The one thing our group did notice was that the staff didn't seem very welcoming or friendly. One great thing about this place was that it was right in downtown Nassau so we could walk to nearby shops and restaurants during the day and early evening. I dont think there were any other good hotels near downtown. However, everything closes super early so don't expect to go out in downtown Nassau past 8. Even on Friday and Saturday night, there is NOTHING to do. The most hoppin' place was Senior Frogs, which I believe is a chain restaurant. The hotel also has a private beach which is convenient and uncrowded and they provide lawn chairs to layout on. Overall I had a fun time despite some of these minor annoyances.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with at least a partial view. It's great to wake up and look at the bright wa...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skaterdav85
NassauHiltonManager, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.

We are pleased that you found our location to be convenient. Unfortunately, it appears that the full range of our services was not utilized. Should you visit us again, please make use of our Concierge service as you may have missed the many entertainment options that are available in the downtown area especially on Friday and Saturday.

Thank you once again and we look forward to a four or five star rating on your return visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2012

One of the worst (if not the worst) hotels I have stayed in from a service perspective. In Nassau for 2 nights for business. The safe in my room did not work, because of a low battery. It took 5 calls and 5 hours to have the batteries replaced and the safe rebooted. After a wonderful dinner and evening at the Grayclift restaurant, I returned to my room at 11:45 PM to find that my electronic key did not work.After 2 key changes, an engineer with a master key that did not work, and a security officer who tried unsuccessfully to re-program it, and 45 mins later they decided the lack was stuck. Instead of removing the faceplate and manually letting me in, they spent another 45 mins using a "burglar" tool to jimmy it from the inside. I guess the cost of possibly damaging the lock by removing the plate was more important than my sleep. At about 1:30 a.m. they were able to open the door, and they offered me an upgrade and to move me right then. Because I had a 7 a.m. meeting and did not want to repack, I chose to go to bed. In the morning around 8:15 after my meeting, I called the front desk to be moved, and they incredulously had no idea what I was talking about. 2 phone calls later I was moved. I was also told that a Mr. Hanna (Front Desk Manager) would have the information waiting for him when he arrived at 9 o'clock and woulkd speak with me. At 9:20, I called him and left a message on his VM. I am a HiltonHonors elite status guest and universally have had pretty good to excellent experiences with Hilton hotels. This property is an exception, and I assume is porrly managed. I will not the night bellman, Marcus, showed true concern and did all he could to assist me. I would never recommend this property to anyone.

4  Thank wwpnola

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.

Please accept our further apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us. This type of occurrence as it pertains to our electronic key system is extremely rare and unfortunately, removing the plate on our doors will not grant entry to the rooms. We understand that as a business traveler your sleep is essential and we deeply regret that we were unable to get you into your room in a timely manner.

Be assured that we value your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member and hope that you will afford us another opportunity to show you the caliber of service that we are known for. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need further assistance.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The room was good sized and had a great review. Staff was efficient if not exactly friendly. Plenty of pillows, towels and power outlets! Pretty nice furnishings. Continental breakfast was fine. Nice grounds and good location. Easy access to cabs and not too far from the airport. I would stay here again for business.

Nitpicks:
Shower door did not fit quite right
Bathroom door frame had bubbling rust
Desk chair was uncomfortable
Bed was a bit soft

2  Thank Pierport

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am pleased to learn that as a business traveler you found our facilities and location fitting to your needs. May I suggest that on your next trip you upgrade to the Executive Floor for some added benefits.

We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#2 of 37 in Nassau

Been to British Colonial Hilton Nassau? Share your experiences!