“Great Two Night Stay”

Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
Atlanta GA
“Great Two Night Stay”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been waiting to go to this property for a year and i was very pleased. The hospitality from the front alone makes me want to go back.The hotel and beach area were clean and relaxing As a diamond I look forward to returning

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
MariaMarquez, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the British Colonial Hilton Nassau. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our warm hospitality and that our property was to your liking.

We definitely look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
Columbus
Reviewed September 11, 2012

At first I was apprehensive about my stay at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau, due to the many negative reviews about the property. Any apprehension I may have had was quickly squashed as I was quickly and effiecently checked in by a professional member of the front desk staff. My room was even ready early. As previous trip advisor reviewers have mentioned, the room was on the small side. Howerver, it was clean, comfortable, and all I really needed for a one night stay prior to a week long SCUBA live aboard trip. I found the rest of the property to be clean, and well maintained. Bar staff was attentive and kept those of us at the bar engaged and laughing. Sarge can make a drink... House keeping staff I encountered in the hallway greeted me with a smile and a greeting depending on time of day. I did not use any of the beach or pool facilities. On check out, a bellman promptly stored by bags and I grabbed a quick breakfast at the Dunkin Donuts across the street. On my return, the same bellman greeted me, retrieved my bags and helped me to a cab.
Overall, a nice one night stay which I will use again if I depart from Nassau on a furture live aboard SCUBA trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
MariaMarquez, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review pertaining to your recent stay at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau. I was particularly happy to read that our hotel and staff exceeded your expectation and that you will stay with us again. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to Nassau!

New Braunfels, Tx.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nassau, Bahamas
Excursion alternative to cruise line sponsored activities.
There are several fun, interesting, somewhat pricey, cruise sponsored excursions such as Paradise Island, Cable beach, the local beaches, and travel by boat taxi to the Blue Lagoon Island. However, if you want a lower priced, alternative beach adventure, we recommend buying a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton.
Advantages:
1. As seen in the pictures, the location is a very short walk from where the ships are docked so there is no risk of not getting back your ship on time.
2. The Hilton’s private beach is large, very clean, and roped off so it’s safe. I Snorkeled out to where the water was 6 to 8 feet deep, and looked down upon a bed of sea grass with many small fish visible. Other Trip Advisor reviews of the public beaches mentioned a multitude of problems regarding safety and cleanliness.
3. Hilton’s beach has cabanas to relax in, which provide as much shade as desired.
4. A beach shower is available after you exit the salt water and a big, beautiful, swimming pool is there to enjoy.
5. Clean restrooms are available.
6. Adjacent to the swimming pool, you’ll find nice bar with umbrella shaded tables where drinks of your choice and food is available.
7. This self sponsored outing, is both less expensive and much less crowded than the cruise line activities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AB_NewBraunfels
MariaMarquez, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for recommending our day passes. We are pleased that we were able to fulfill your expectations regarding our location, beach and pool facilities and Patio Bar and Grille.

We hope that you will visit us again in the future!

Best Wishes,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton for 4 nights and it was the best trip ever! It was our first time travelling to the Bahamas and we will definitely visit again.
Pros:
-great service, everyone was so willing to help and provide excellent service.
-waiters were great and was speedy with the things we wanted
-the grounds was so well kept, there was always someone cleaning, grooming and asking if the facilities was to our liking. After our room was cleaned daily, a manager came by and asked if we were happy with the way the room was cleaned and our bed and gave us a thank you note with chocolates! One of the days we were not in the room when she came and she left the chocolates on our bed! I was impressed! (and I really like chocolates!)
-the valet service (10/day) was great and speedy in getting our car (we rented a car for 4nights 5 days for $240 taxes included)
-The beach is private and so clean, the water is so clear and warm! They clean the beach and the chairs daily, there is also snorkel gear,a kayak and paddle with games and a basketball available for guests for free.
(side note: there were no bandaids, cigarette butts, or glass anywhere- like was written in some reviews, the workers at the hotel really make sure that the hotel is top notch and clean).
-The best part about this hotel is its proximity to everything, it is a 2 min walk to Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds across the street, ice cream is a few stores down, Arawak Cay (da fish fry) is a 5-10min drive- 15min walk, Paradise island is a 10-15min drive. Shopping is in walking distance, the straw market is down the street- everything that you want and need is a short walk or drive away. They door men also have taxi available for you when requested.

The only reason why I didn't give this hotel 5 stars is due to the cost of food on the property. It can be very pricey to eat at the hotel. A bottle of water from the gift shop is $3.75, the breakfast buffet is $19.95 per person, with tip and other fees breakfast for 2 people was around $50! Lunch at the outdoor grill for a burger with fries, a sandwich and 2 juices it was $47. And dinner at Aqua for a small steak (about 2 ounces) and a small lobster tail, a soup, a porkchop and 2 juices was $110! We ordered breakfast room service on the last day- french toast, bacon, eggs, potatoes, OJ, cereal with milk (which was $9 by itself! for a little travel box of frosted flakes and milk!) and a bagel came up to a whopping $72!! I had to do a double take of the bill!) So my advice is to be aware that the food prices are going to be high if you are going to eat there, or use options such as the Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds across the street or Arawak Cay (da fish fry) to get local Bahamian foods and atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kkcarter1
Dear kkcarter1,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review about your recent visit to Nassau. We are thrilled to learn that you experienced our true Hilton hospitality whilst on vacation at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your room, our location, valet service and beach and pool. I have shared your valuable feedback with our different departments as this is so crucial in maintaining such high levels of service.

We send our best wishes and look forward to welcoming you back upon your return!

Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel was gorgeous. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were very well-stocked and well maintained. The pool area was just very well done and the roped off personal beach area was a pleasant surprise. We were able to let the kids safely snorkel on their own while there.

The staff was polite and friendly and even helped me arrange a surprise for my husband's birthday while we were visiting. The concierge recommendations were always solid and the doorman were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the British Colonial Hilton Nassau. I am very pleased that you and your family enjoyed our facilities and that our team was able to guide you and assist you throughout your stay. Meeting the needs of our guests is our priority so I have shared your encouraging feedback with our team.

Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your husband’s birthday and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Ozone Park, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great idea. Traveling with family allows for relaxation and tranquility. Beautiful beach and pool.
Property very clean but small. Day passes are $55 for adults with $30 with return for food and drinks and $30 for kids same for food. Excellent food and drinks, staff sooo friendly. Close to ship port, can walk and see nassua by foot. Can see all boats pull in out of port from beach and pool. Made for beautiful pictures.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank familytraveler310
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent experience at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau. I am very pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your day passes as well as the food and service provided at the Patio Bar and Grille. We hope that you will come back for a longer visit next time in order to take full advantage of our amenities.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed at the British Colonial Hilton for fourteen nights while visiting my daughter who was in Nassau studying as part of her medical degree.I had read some of the negative posts about the hotel before going so was concerned about what to expect. The staff were very friendly and helpful.On arrival after a long tiring flight I was told my room was not ready although this was after the 4pm check-in time. I didn't complain as such, but simply said that I had had a long flight and was keen to freshen up and spend time with my daughter. I had booked a Queen City view room and was put in one for a night then given a complimentary upgrade to a King garden and sea view room the next day. I also was given a drinks voucher for two complimentary drinks and later an invite to the manager's cocktail party. Thanks to Patrice and Patricia on front desk for their assistance in this. The concierge staff were always helpful and ready with a good morning or good afternoon.It was no problem to assist in making restaurant reservations. The hotel is very conveniently located in downtown Nassau, and I never felt unsafe. The room was quiet,clean and spacious and although it was not made up one day that was understandable as they had to switch off the water to repair a burst water main which they informed all the guests about. The water was restored in the afternoon. I found the pool very clean and usually not too crowded, even with cruise day pass guests using it. I loved the day beds by the pool to save me getting burned! I didn't really use the beach but it was surprisingly clean for its proximity to the cruise port, even after a storm..Items on my room bill which I queried as not belonging to me were immediately taken off without argument. It was a lovely relaxing break and I would return there without hesitation.

Room Tip: The Queen city view rooms are quite small and have a McDonalds view. Try for a King ocean view. The...