“Believe the Hype, Powerboat is legit!”

Powerboat Adventures
Exuma Powerboat Adventure
Ranked #2 of 103 Outdoor Activities in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: High speed, powerboat trip from Nassau to our private island in the Exuma Cays. Feed the stingrays, watch the shark wrangling show, snorkel pristine reefs and enjoy a sumptuous feast of fresh grouper, steak and salads. Open bar. All inclusive.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Bangor, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Believe the Hype, Powerboat is legit!”
Reviewed March 8, 2005

The Powerboat Adventures trip to the Exumas was easily the most exciting thing we did during our 8 day visit to Nassau. Ship Channel Cay is beautiful! The staff were all extremely friendly and seemed to enjoy the trip as much as the guests. The only con to the trip was the very cold powerboat ride. I highly recommend this to anyone!

8 Thank Ballsagna

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Awsome Great Time”
Reviewed December 28, 2004

I took my 2 children ages 11 & 13 on this fantastic adventure on 12/6/04.
I booked online 1 month prior to our arrival in the Bahamas. We were asked to phone them when we arrived for further info and confirmation which we did.
We were picked up at our hotel as promised and transported to their departure dock where we were given safety instructions. We were fortunate to have great weather.

The boat ride was fast, exciting and at times choppy. Do take a hoodie or light jacket. We got chilly during the ride and you can get ocean sprayed if you sit in the outer seats in the back of the boat. I would also advise taking sunglasses and wearing sunscreen.

Feeding the Iguanas on Exuma Island was an unforgettable experience. It was exciting and unbelievable to be able to get so close to them. We were there for about 45 minutes before we were transported to their private Island.

When we arrived on the Island large plates of snacks awaited us as well as an open bar. Snacks included fresh fruits, vegetables, chips, dips and much more. There were also soft drinks, bottled water, juices, etc. Lunch was served later. It was served buffet style with a large variety of foods offered and you can eat as much as you want. They serve it in a large open air dining room so you can sit and look out at the ocean while you eat. You can throw your leftovers over the rail into the ocean and watch the fish swim up to eat it. The management seemed very ecology oriented.

You get to feed the Stingrays and stroke them. The guides feed the Sharks and put on a great show while doing so. The guides were friendly and seemed to want to show you a good time. There is a large Boar living there as well.

There are large grass umbrella canopies on the beach with chairs beneath for shelter. You can go snorkeling, take a nature hike or just lay back and do nothing. You could snorkle before and after lunch if you wanted.
The water was very clear. The sand was soft and the beach was well maintained. I felt very relaxed.

The Powerboat Adventure gave us an unexpected family discount which was not advertised.
I feel that I got more than my moneys worth considering how expensive the Bahamas can be. We stayed at the Atlantis Resort where I could easily have spent more for a day's meals for my family than I spent on this all day excursion. I spent much more on some other excursions and received less, such as the Dolphin Swim, which we also enjoyed very much.

I enjoyed this adventure very much and my kids had an exciting, educational, good time.
If we ever return to the Bahamas then we will do this one again.

17 Thank richchick3
A TripAdvisor Member
“Should of listened”
Reviewed November 10, 2004

I hate to say this, but, I should have listened to all the reviews I read about telling me not to use Powerboat advetures and that they always cancelled.

First of all to make a long story short. I did reserve powerboats on October 29 and it was a beautiful morning, they cancelled because it was raining 40 miles away.

I changed my reservation to Monday November 1.

Sunday came and it was soooo nice out that we called to see if they had any room for us that day. It was only 7:15 in the morning when we called. They said they did have room, but, we would need to find our own ride there. (which would of consisted of a bus and a taxi.) We said forget it and we will wait until Monday.

Monday, another beautiful day and I went outside to wait for the shuttle. My husband went to our room to grab our bag. He saw the message on the phone and called just to hear the trip again was cancelled because the waters were rough.

Boy I wasn't happy....we were leaving on Tuesday and today was my last chance.

I finally went over to the desk with all the information and she told me Island Adventures had the exact same trip for the same money. She quickly called them to see if there was room for 2 more. I am happy to say that they said yes (and they were still going out) It was 8:15 by now and their shuttle had just picked up people at our hotel and were already on there way to the Island advenuture boats. But no problem, they called the shuttles phone and had them turn around and come back to get us....................We had a great time and it was a beautiful day sunny and hot.....the boat ride was fast and furious.......next time we will just by pass all the trouble with Powerboats and go directly to Island Advenutures.

Like I said, I read all the reviews first but just didn't listen and hope someone will listen to me.

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 618 helpful votes
“Best Birthday EVER”
Reviewed October 11, 2004

This is the letter I wrote to Powerboat Adventures upon my return home. DO NOT MISS THIS even if it is the one thing you do in the Bahamas.

To Everyone at Powerboat Adventures,

I celebrated my 24th birthday on your tour this past Sunday, October 10th. I have done many excursions in my life, but none could even compare to this one!!! The boat ride was exhilarating and the Exuma Cays were stunning. Early in the day, I thought the Iguanas would be the highlight. I loved seeing how they were awaiting our arrival as if they knew grapes were on the way. I was expecting maybe 4 or 5 iguanas, not hundreds all over the place! They were so cute, and It was something I had never done before. Once arriving at your private island, I was surprised by how well organized everything was. The chairs were all set up, bar all ready to go, snacks waiting and a full afternoon of activities. The stingray that came for his feeding was extra social and hung around for most of the day, and the sharks were something I'll never forget. About 10 showed up and I loved getting the chance to feed them and feel how strong they were. Now that's something I never thought I would get an opportunity to do! I have been snorkeling in many islands before, but your snorkel tour had some of the most beautiful fish I have ever seen. There were so many colors and none seemed afraid that we were in their territory. We were told that there is a 50/50 chance of seeing a shark while snorkeling and in total, I ended up seeing 5. One swam right in front of my mom and I, so in addition to the other adventures of the day, I got to swim with sharks! The nature walk was beautiful, and well directed, the beach was warm and inviting, and the lunch was delicious. A lot more than I expected for a tiny private island. Another major highlight was Stones, the islands friendly wild boar. I had seen a swimming pig on the website, but didn't think he actually showed up for a daily party. Watching him swim and petting his fur really made my day. He hung out most of the day, so I got lots of picture. Your staff takes very good care of him and its no wonder why he comes back for the daily party. I would also like to extend a personal thanks to Steve, who was super nice the whole day and really made it a special birthday for me.

I am a luxury travel agent, and I have only been home and back in the office a few hours and all of my associates already know about what a great time I had with you. I stocked out drawers with your brochures and I plan on telling all of my Bahamas clients that your tour is the one thing they can not miss while down there! I look forward to sending you a lot of new clients and coming back again myself. Your staff really goes above and beyond and no website, review, or brochure can possibly describe just how great of an experience this adventure is. Thank you so much for giving my parents and I such a memorable day, it really was by far the best birthday I ever had, and I have always had great ones. I will never forget a single moment of it and hope to see you all again very soon!

11 Thank RobynPringTravel
A TripAdvisor Member
“Absolutely Amazing!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2004

We went on the trip on Wednesday 9/29/04. It was by far the best part of our vacation. We were a little apprehensive when we booked it due to the price, but decided about an hour in that it was already worth it. We had no idea that we would be able to get that close to the sharks. My husband was like a little kid he was so excited. Also, I had never been snorkeling before, but it was so beautiful there that I couldn't resist. Our guides were awesome too. They do everything for you. Their lunch was delicious and so was the rum punch. By the end of the day, we were exhausted, but it was so worth it!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member