“Absolutely Amazing!!”

and up
Nassau Shore Excursion: Exuma Powerboat Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: High speed, powerboat trip from Nassau to our private island in the Exuma Cays. Feed the stingrays, watch the shark wrangling show, snorkel pristine reefs, feed our newest members...swimming piggies and enjoy a scrumptious feast of fresh grouper, steak, salads, hot dogs, veggie burgers, ​and fruit. Open bar ALL DAY. All inclusive of the price!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 5, 2004

We went on the trip on Wednesday 9/29/04. It was by far the best part of our vacation. We were a little apprehensive when we booked it due to the price, but decided about an hour in that it was already worth it. We had no idea that we would be able to get that close to the sharks. My husband was like a little kid he was so excited. Also, I had never been snorkeling before, but it was so beautiful there that I couldn't resist. Our guides were awesome too. They do everything for you. Their lunch was delicious and so was the rum punch. By the end of the day, we were exhausted, but it was so worth it!!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
"well worth the money"
in 37 reviews

Wyckoff, NJ
Reviewed September 10, 2004

Went on a Powerboat adventure on July 28, 2004. At first, I almost regretted booking the trip because we (my family) were having a ball at the Atlantis resort. But after we came back from the Exumas, we agreed that it was the best time of our trip.

First, I will comment on the adventures. We enjoyed feeding the iguanas - those buggers are quick. There are so many on the island. Don't know who was having more fun - the kids or the adults or the iguanas. Starting on this island, the crew was serving rum punch.
Then it was off to the main "party" island. We started out by learning how to properly feed stingrays. I can't believe that they came right up to us so many times, and we got to actually play with them. As if that wasn't fascinating enough, the crew "played" with the sharks while we watched underwater from about 10 feet away.
The crew also took us snorkeling on the reef as many times as we wanted. This was the only disappointing part. The reef was beautiful but there weren't a lot of fish, just some. There were the sharks though, to keep our adrenaline going.
We ate a delicious lunch, which the crew cooked themselves, enjoyed the open bar and then relaxed with all the crew and other guests on the pristine beach. The kids swam all afternoon in the very calm, warm, and crystal clear water - the occasional stingray came in to play, too.
I must compliment and thank the crew and staff - it was because of them that this excursion is as awesome as it is. These guys worked really hard and seemed genuinely friendly to adults and kids alike, just to assure the our experience was a memorable one. They all seemed to love what they do. Why not, huh?
The outbound trip was exciting. But it was the return trip that made our adventure a little unique. We rode through a thunderstorm for the last half of the ride back. Most of the adults were sitting in the back(it was less bumpy) and most of the kids sat up front( where it was very bumpy). The crew handed out heavy rain ponchos to the us in the back. And they tended to the kids in the front as well. Mind you, the whole boat (front and back) was rockin' - kinda like Gilligans Island tour. The crew got us all home safely - we never felt like we were unsafe. In fact, we thought it was just another exciting adventure for the day.
When I think back to my vacation in the bahamas, that powerboat day comes to mind first. It was such a dream...thanks to powerboat adventure. I recommend it without hesitation. I bought the video by "Luke Skywalker" so I can kinda relive day often.
PS: We brought sunscreen, hats (for the beach- not for the boat) try to get an umbrella on the island (although no one opted to sit under an umbrella). It gets really hot and there isn't a lot of shade. Just hope for a cloudy day and you'll be golden.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 21, 2004

Just returned from the Bahamas and an excursion with Powerboat Adventures. I must say, it was fantastic!
I scheduled our trip two months in advance. We had to reschedule the date of our trip due to one of boats going in for service. However, they offered me a 15% discount for the inconvenience.
The staff was very friendly and professional. They made it clear, they were there to make our trip memorable and safe. They delivered!
Participation is a must! Especially since the trip cost so much. But I must say, if you participate, it is worth every penny. Lunch was great and so was the open bar. My favorite part was feeding the sting rays. What an experience!
I would highly recommend this trip!

6  Thank CFNOBIS
Wheeling, IL
Reviewed June 7, 2004

My girlfriend and I were in Nassau two weeks ago and we went on the Powerboat Adventures excursion. We reserved tickets for two months in advance of our trip. After reading other reviews about Powerboat Adventures lying and bumping passengers, we were a bit worried and considered cancelling our trip. Fortunately we didn't, as it turned out to be the highlight of our vacation. This excursion was worth every penny from start to finish and we're planning on doing it again the next time we go.

Several Cruise ships were docked in Nassau during our stay, but Powerboat Adventures did not bump us or cancel our trip. In fact, even though we reconfirmed our reservation when we arrived in Nassau, they called us at our hotel the day before the excursion to ensure we remembered our pick-up time and location. Our shuttle from the hotel arrived at P.A. on time even though he was a bit late picking us up and we got caught in rush hour traffic on the way. Sharks, rays and iguanas were plentiful as was the beer and food. The water and sand around the Exuma Islands was incredible (better than any of the Nassau beaches we visited).

During our trip a few people changed their minds before taking part in the snorkeling part of the trip. When this happened, our guide offered to take them out one-on-one any time they wanted. It's obvious from the start that the staff is friendly, professional, funny and always smiling. They put their guest's safety above everything, and are willing to go out of their way to ensure you have a great time.

A few tips before you leave: 1. Call Powerboat Adventures when you arrive in Nassau to confirm your reservation and make sure you have the credit card you used for booking when you arrive. 2. Bring lots of sunscreen and a hat as there isn't much shade on the beach. 3. Consider bringing an extra $40 to buy a video of your trip. (it's worth it.) 4. Most of all, don't plan on being a spectator. I don't imagine that you will have nearly as much fun as we did if you don't ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE in everything. We had a 60+ year old lady play tug-of-war with an eight foot long lemon shark during our trip and I doubt anything could have removed the smile from her face afterwards.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member