“Was a great trip but not worth the money we paid”

Powerboat Adventures
Nassau Shore Excursion: Exuma Powerboat Adventure
Ranked #3 of 103 Outdoor Activities in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: High speed, powerboat trip from Nassau to our private island in the Exuma Cays. Feed the stingrays, watch the shark wrangling show, snorkel pristine reefs and enjoy a sumptuous feast of fresh grouper, steak and salads. Open bar. All inclusive.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
East Lansing, Michigan, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Was a great trip but not worth the money we paid”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

It is a awesome trip but not valuable

We lived in paradise island. we asked concierge about activities we could do rather than just water park. The powerboat was high recommended. So we took the flyer and booked with them on the phone.
(cheaper if u book with the company directly and pay cash) we paid 169 per person
First of all, the boat we had was not the boat advertised. we were really disappointed (even one person didnt have seat on boat for 40min fast-speed boating to the island.
after stopping by seeing iguanas, we arrived the private island. The infrastructure is poor. Options for drinks are not alot.
We did group snorkeling couple times with a guide. we did see couple fish, which was good.
after snorkeling, we had buffet style lunch. The lunch was ok. we had fish, steak, mashpotato, fruit, salad...
after the lunch, we feed stingy and watched staff feeding sharks, which was the most awesome part for this trip i guess. it was really close. we got really good pics on that. We had conch salads later after the staff showing us how to make it.
Then we relaxed alil till 3pm. we started back by powerboat for another 45 mins.

Overall, the activities there were good. The stuff were friendly. The views were good as well.
However, I dont think it is worth 169 dollars per person.

Visited December 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Powerboost to our vacations”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Amazing experience. This, I will do again if I go back.
We had a wonderfull day starting with a little stop to feed iguanas (that was very fun for the kids) before to go on a private island to spend the rest of the day. Please note that you should wear your swinsuit at the begining because you'll have to walk a little bit in the water for the first stop (iguanas). It's seems expensive at first sight, but they feed you on there Island and there is an open bar. And it pay for the gaz (one hour to go and another to come back)! Interesting part was when we fed the stingray and watch our hosts to feed the sharks. The snorkelling part is not really long and people who did it was deceived because of that.
Be aware to not put your stuff on the beach to close of the water because the sea will rise during the day.
The time fly by too fast and I would have like to stay another hour.
There is an option that permit you to spend the night on the island. I which to try this the next time I'll be in Nassau.

Charlotte, North Carolina
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Don't bother to even book - incompetent, uncaring and rude.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau, and they recommended several power boat trips, this being one of them. Even though the price was a bit outrageous, $199 per person, we thought it would be worth it. The concierge called and booked this for us. That morning, the bus passed us by, and the hotel staff paid for a taxi to take us to the pier. When we arrived, a rather breezy, rude young lady informed us that we weren't booked, as the boat was "broken" and they had to substitute a smaller boat. So there wasn't room. She claimed to have called our hotel and told the staff there - which was impossible, since they never would have paid $30 for a taxi to take us to a booking that had been cancelled! (BTW, the Hilton had to eat the taxi cab cost, and was incredibly nice and accomodating about it - can't say enough good about them!)

She was so rude - insisted we "stand over there" until she could take care of "my people", the ones she hadn't cancelled. I did actually peek at her booking journal - it was full of scratched out names for the day, with no rhyme or reason as to why they were scratched out. Not sure how she choose who got to go and who didn't, since there didn't seem to be a "cutoff" in terms of time or order.

After 25 minutes, she called us over and was incredibly nasty! Told us there wasn't room, and began to harrass us as to what we were doing on Tuesday, since she had an opening then. We said we had plans. She demanded to know what they were, since we could go on her boat tomorrow. After telling her at least 4 times we had plans, she finally shrugged. We said we needed a taxi back, and she pointed to the main road and said we could wait there and find one. She then closed her book and stalked away. A 15 minute wait offered absolutely no taxis, so we walked the 10 minute walk to Atlantis, and eventually found one there. (We actually enjoyed our short time at Atlantis, so perhaps the fact Powerboat Adventures treated us so disgustingly was a favor.)

Overall, I'm not sure how the day went for those who got on, but I find the first person a company chooses to interact with its customers shows it's true colors. So, snotty, rude, incompetant and uncaring with a dash of vicious would be what Powerboat Adventures is about. Don't bother - there are many other better, friendlier adventures to go on.

7 Thank CCHSChemTeacher
Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing Excursion from Nassau”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I would highly recomment this excursion. My only complaint would be the temperature the day we did it but that's not anything anyone can control. You take a powerboat from the harbor, it's about an hour ride to your first stop. You stop to feed the iguanas grapes. I will say I could have probably done without stopping here but others seem to like it. We sat up front and OMG it was so cold, we weren't really thinking about how cold it was going to be because none of us were dressed for that, we had on swim suits and tank tops. You don't get wet or at least we didn't but the wind was sooo cold. The temperature was probably low 70's and it was just too cold. I imagine in the summer this would not the be the case. We arrived in the Exumas (don't recall the name of the island) but it was breathtaking. I have never seen water that clear. It truely is like bathwater. There are several group activities that they do with you while there. You get to feed the rays from your hand, they do a snorkel trip right off the beach (it was just ok) and they do some shark wrangling which was awesome. There is also a conch salad demo (it's a huge staple of their diet there) Aside from the activities just hanging out on the beach there and taking in all the views is amazing. You can see all the sharks and rays just swimming right off the beach. Would definately recomment this excursion just keep in mind the ride over and back might be chilly depending on when you go so prepare. We took our own towels that acted as our blankets. This is an all day trip so be prepared for that as well.

1 Thank Luke82580
Halifax, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We booked this tour a month or so in advance and got a confirmation. We received a notice that they had later sold out and we needed to switch days. I was confused by this but later found out they had been booked by a private party that day so they cancelled all the other reservations. This is the o ky reason I gave this tour nay 4 stars as I was irritated by that

But, I do have to say that we didn't even think about switching days once we got started. The staff is amazing and 1hr boat ride was great for us. We got to see the other end of paradise island and a lot of nice boats. Feeding the iguanas was great as well. We had already saw wild iguanas in a tour I. Turks and Caicos but we never fed them so it was a lot of fun

We then went to the private island to spend time with the stingrays and sharks. The stingrays were already swimming close to the beach when we reached it and my family went into the water to per them as they swam by. When it do es time to feed them, do EXACTLY what you are to so. I thought I followed instructions but i must have done something wrong because I was bit and my 2 fingers were sucked into the rays mouth. Really scary but other than some cuts and bruises, I am fine. It was a bit tense as well that the sharks started coming in when we were all on our k eyes in the water holding bait. Staff was there to push the sharks away with a long pole but it still was unsettling

Seeing the sharks up close was amazing as well. We saw reef, nurse and lemon sharks. I stayed safety at the edge of the water. I would have loved to go snorkelling and probably half of the other people did but I couldn't being myself to get in the water with the sharks still swarming. We were told it was perfectly safe but still, I would have panicked if I saw a shark where I was and probably my freaking out would have caused problems for everyone else.

This is a wonderful tour and worth every penny. The lunch served was very good and fresh. Open bar for those who like to drink alcohol or no alcoholic drinks. Beautiful water and un-disturbed outer island. It was great to see another area of the bahamas.

Just book it, you won't regret it

2 Thank Disco2102