“Great Day”

Nassau Shore Excursion: Exuma Powerboat Adventure
Ranked #3 of 107 Outdoor Activities in Nassau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: High speed, powerboat trip from Nassau to our private island in the Exuma Cays. Feed the stingrays, watch the shark wrangling show, snorkel pristine reefs and enjoy a sumptuous feast of fresh grouper, steak and salads. Open bar. All inclusive.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Very fun day. This trip can be as relaxing or adventurous as you want to make it. The lunch was excellent and the drinks keep coming. The service is friendly and helpful. We had to leave for a flight immediately after the excursion and they helped us by keeping our luggage for the day and having a taxi waiting for us at the end of our excursion. Thank you, we made our flight and had a great day.

1  Thank nick800Morris
There are newer reviews for Powerboat Adventures

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We enjoyed our trip however it didn't really live up to all the hype that's not to say that I wouldn't recommend it. It took a long while from actually waiting to be picked up at 740am until we actually boarded at nearly 10am due to the fact that another boat had to be laid on as the boats had been cancelled for a few days due to bad weather. The ride itself was enjoyable as were the welcome drinks and sandwiches provided when we finally arrived at the island. The lunch was also fairly good and there was an open bar. My expectations for the snorkel trip were high and my husband and I were extremely disappointed with the fact that they did not provide very good equipment, our masks were broken ( as we're a few of the other guests) and there was a big rip in one of my fins which my foot kept slipping out of. When I raised my concerns to one of the team leading the snorkel trip, he basically told me that was all they had and was quite rude and dismissive which I said wasn't really the kind of service I had been expecting bearing in mind the cost of the trip is quite high. What upset me more was overhearing the same staff member bad mouthing me to another guest on their walk back from the snorkel ( neither my husband or I were able to go on the second dive due to bad equipment) saying that he really didn't care if he couldn't make every guest happy. Bad move....you know who you are ( lead person feeding the sharks on the 29/12/12) Mona please take note. Working on an island where your main source of income comes from tourism, you need to learn to take a pride in knowing that you can make EVERY person happy, too many bad reviews will affect your livelihood and I'm sure that your managers will not be happy reading this. If there is a problem with the equipment that you are unable to deal with, please escalate this situation to the manager or owner. Do not allow guests to then have to air their frustration on sites like these which a lot of people read! In summary, the trip is a good one, the food was fairly good and you will have a nice time but bring your own equipment just in case.

4  Thank CozJsy
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've been a visitor with Powerboat Adventures for over ten years, having made my first trip out in 1998 and my third this past year. During that time, the company has always been efficient and I've had excellent experiences with them. I've meant to review it before, but kept forgetting. Others have outlined the trip in sufficient detail--you embark at Paradise Island, take a wonderful trip out to feed the iguanas (at Leaf Cay?) then set off for a day at Powerboat's leased island, Ship Channel Cay. You can snorkel and swim in the beautiful waters there, there is stingray feeding, you can watch the shark-wrangling. At times in the past, they have offered a trek through the trails on the island. Sometimes there have been swimming pigs that come from the island's interior (although I'm told they may have died out now). The food comes in seemingly endless supply--steaks, grouper, hamburgers and hot dogs, pasta salad, green salads, sodas, beers, mixed drinks. But the sad part is that you've had to come back that same afternoon. Not now--- there is a cabin for overnight stay on the island. Mona, Steve and co will cook dinner for you, and there are more drinks and fun time. Then you can retire to Cabin Area 51, from which you can have to fantasy of being alone as the ruler of this island. The room is airconditioned, with TV, dvd player, games, books--hot water. You can wake up the next morning, and watch the stingrays and sharks circling in the shores below, then hike to the other side of the island for a more secluded beach when the daytrippers arrive, or explore the lagoon, then come back for lunch and *then* return to Nassau. It is the perfect trip for a couple, a small group of friends( 3 or 4 can sleep in the Area 51 cabin) or a solo treat for oneself (though going alone is pricey, I'd say, so share the experience!). Check out my pictures of the island.

2  Thank P B
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Loved: The guides, the bartender, the food, feeding the stringrays, snorkeling.
Disliked: Boat was late picking us up by about an hour; didnt get to do the trail walk.

2  Thank Bahamastrip
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a must see adventure when in Nassau, Bahamas! It's a whole day trip that is amazing from start to finish. Feeding Iguanas, sharks and sting-rays, and snorkeling, sun-bathing and eating a great lunch made the day a great one! The staff are well-trained, super friendly and very helpful. I was hesitant to snorkel and Steven, one of the guides, gladly encouraged me to get me started. The price is right for this marvelous day! Don't forget your sunscreen and enjoy this highlight of our vacation!