“Great day trip”

Bahamas Fast Ferry Services
Ranked #43 of 129 things to do in Nassau
More attraction details
Owner description: This high-speed ferry makes the trip from Nassau to Harbour Island in just under two hours.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The fast ferry service to Harbour Island is great. It can be booked on line and parking is easy. The ride is 3+ hours but its comfortable and the refreshments are ok. I suggest booking Voyager class for an extra $15 return, very comfortable cabin and free coffee.

My only gripe is that the timing only leaves just over 4 hours on he island, around 6 would have been nice. Book a golf cart from one of the suppliers, details are on the net

A great day out

2  Thank ChrisintheBahamas

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Being a Bahamian I use this service frequently. It is not the ferry to Paradise Island as some reviewers have mistaken it for. It is a very comfortable, fast and scenic way to go to the islands, very well priced and an excellent day's trip to one of the most beautiful "Family Islands" as we call them. Just to visit and swim at Pink Sands beach (truly pink!) is worth the trip. Food and beverages available on board. DO NOT be late!! It is one of the very few punctual services in the Bahamas. i have missed it literally by a few feet as it pulled away from the dock and they do not come back for you! A must visit!

3  Thank David L
Reviewed July 30, 2013

be on time because you are let down. this service is great, interesting, very well managed and with fair prices.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The ferries take you from Nassau to Paradise Island. $4 per person each way. The boats are a little run down, but seaworthy. It was a little confusing in Nassau where to buy tickets. But they do give you a guided tour during the trip, and the operators and staff are very

1  Thank bombrcar
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I wanted to expand our love of the Bahamas by experiencing an island hop offered by "BAHAMAS FAST FERRY". We decided on Harbour Island tour offered by the ferry company but booked through the Atlantis excursion desk. Since it was raining we asked about the weather. Since it is the weather I blame no one. The excursion desk will take 20% of the booking (ALL CASH no room charge) and the balance at the terminal. OK, the price of a guided tour is $191 US per person. This was to include >ferry transport>guide tour>golf cart rental> transfer to and from hotel to ferry> a$20pp coupon for food at select locations. The tour desk made it sound like the tour books up fast. It's just a ploy to get you to book. The excursion desk will simply save the phone charges if you use your room phone or the Int'l rate if you are from the US, to your cell phone.

>The tour bus to pick us up at the hotel (7am) was right on time, odd for a Bahamian! The ferry departure is 8am Mon.,Wed., Fri., Sat., to HARBOUR ISLAND.

>The ferry ride we were told by the excursion desk was 2 hours. WRONG!! It took three hours and a little bit more, ONE WAY! Maritime Law says you need to instruct passengers as to the live vest and exit procedure. The ferry will play a video which will be accompanied by a rep to show you these things. GOOOOD luck!!!! I did not see a person or a vest in sight! The ferry was clean at the start, the bathrooms get ripe by mid voyage. Snack food lite beverages and beer are available but verrrry expensive, live most things in the Bahamas.There is nothing,NOTHING, NOTHING to do but watch each other or the one channel selected by someone. I watched a repeating news broadcast every 1/2 hr.

>When we got to HI we walked a short distance to the port entrance and were seated in our golf carts. We were handed tour guide maps and waited for the guide person. I asked the ferry service girl, she said "there is no person you just go to the places on the map". So off we went. Covered the island in an hour. No beach time because of over cast.

>The restaurant we chose was Valentines'. Clean, friendly and they took the voucher with no hassles.

This is the nut shell of the ferry service. I could go on, and I will on a differnt blog about Harbour Island itself. So, is it worth it! ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Stay on Nassau and tie one on. I would rather be puking from alcohol in my A/C room than do this again.

6  Thank peter m