“Superclub Breezes @ Cable Beach”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
MA.
Reviewed March 20, 2003

I researched this Vacation for over a month which is sometimes good and bad, I read many different reviews and decided to go and form my own opinion so here it is...we arrived in Nassau to a balmy 85 degrees the 1st of March after leaving maybe 10 degree weather in Boston! The shuttle to the Breezes was waiting for us even though usair lost my luggage (it went to Miami). We got to breezes to be greeted by Diane who was very pleasant and accomodating and checked us in a little early cause our oceanview room was ready and assured me my luggage would be brought to me as soon as it got there. Our room had ceramic floors,clean, and comfortable. we opened the drapes to see a beautiful white sandy beach and turquoise waters open the sliding doors to hear the ocean and island music playing and 2 lounge chairs to kick back on. ok ok ok so you get the visual,,,yes i wish I was there now!!! I guess if your very wealthy and can afford the Atlantis on Paradise Island you'd probably be there, but although it is very very nice, I found the atmosphre at the Breezes to be more laid back and friendly you can walk around without getting dressed up . But best of all Breezes is all inclusive so from absolute to sambuca ---conch fritters to prime rib whatever your pallett desires it's pretty much available 24/7....and wether to want to bask in the sun all day or read on a hammock under a palm tree or go snorkling or parasailing or even try out for the circus on the flying trapeez (i did) and from a piano bar to a disco that's open till 5 amand nitely activities like pajama and toga parties which everyone is encouraged to join in!!! I found the staff to be very friendly and fun,but some guest were condesending & rude to the staff, so I guess it's you get what you give!!! It's up to you and what you make of it ... I had one of the best Vacations ever and I'd go back in a second. and probably will.

60  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Federalsburg, MD
Reviewed March 18, 2003

As soon as we arrived at Breezes, we were told that they didn't have any rooms available. We booked 2 months in advance and confirmed 2 weeks prior to our arrival. They put us up in a (semi)dilapidated hotel on the other side of the island. They promised easy access shuttles between hotels so that we might still use the facilities at Breezes. Lets just say that time has no meaning to the locals and we spent a lot of time just waiting. We got just enough beach time (between thunder showers) to see how much fun we would have had if we were able to stay there.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Baltimore MD
Reviewed March 17, 2003

The wife and I and two other couples wanted to get away from the snow! The women made the reservations knowing that all the guys wanted was a casino and Golf! I read the reveiws Breezes and thought OH GREAT! Well they were wrong. Look we wanted low price and all inclusive. And I was very pleased. This isn't the ritz but its not bad at all. I was kinda pissed that some gave the place such a bad reveiw. The staff was pleasant. Give a smile and a hello and you get it back. I saw no trash on the beach at all. I would never use a public restroom but their's were very clean. The restaruant was just ok. But the buffet was great. And you couldn't drag me to a buffet at home! The poolside grill was great too, very convenient. It looks like they are redoing the rooms. Our friends had rooms with new tile and and doors while ours had old carpet, which by the way , was very clean. New showers . Oh and a changing room for those that get there too early to check in or those who need to chech out but have to hang around for your flight. I was AMAZED at how nice these were. A really nice golfcourse is right across the street and Crystal Pallace Casino is like three blocks away. Like I said its not the Ritz but for the money we spent we got a heck of a deal , had a blast and had very very little to complain about. I can complain about the airport and airline Wanna hear.....??

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Holland, Pa
Reviewed March 14, 2003

My husband and I and another couple just got back from Breezes after celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. I don't understand what all the bad reviews are about. Don't listen to any of them. As far as waiting for our room we were told the room would be ready by 3:00. After going to the lounge and having our paper work checked they gave us our wrist bands and we were allowed to start drinking and eating. We had brougt our bathing suits with us in our carry on and they told us to change in the changing rooms. We went out to the beach and relaxed till 3:00 which then our room was ready. There were only 2 people in line. We had a oceanfront room ( which I would recommend for the view) which was wonderful. The veiw alone was worth it. No, the rooms weren't the Atlantis but they were very clean. The food at the buffet was very good. Yes, there was some repeating of things but so what with all they had we didn't care. As far as the beach being dirty that is not true at all. It was very nice. I never saw trash or sea weed. The staff was great. I did not encounter 1 person who was not friendly or didn't smile at us. The entertainment in the lounge could of been better but we enjoyed it. We went to the Hurricane Disco to see a comedy show which was very good! We hardly ever had to wait long for a drink at any of the bars. We went on the booze cruise which was alot of fun especially if you enjoy snorkleing. Over all if you are looking for a fun place to stay I would recommend Breezes in a heartbeat!!!! Don't listen to all those negitive comments. It sounds like they wouldn't be happy anywhere. Can't please everybody.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 11, 2003

My friends and I visited this resort for a long weekend away from husbands, children, stress etc.overall, we did have a great time. Although, I admit, the resort did little to alleviate stress. Therefore, I am writing this review to hopefully make your visit a little less stressful! Apparently, the hotel was overbooked during our visit and this was causing a lot of the problems we were experiencing. I would advise the following when checking into this resort. 1.When checking in, even if your room is not ready, ask for the key. This will guarantee the room that you are expecting to receive. We were traveling with 4 and were told at the first attempt to check-in, that our rooms (103 and 107) were not ready and that we would be just 2 doors down from one another. We ended up, when they finally allowed us to check in, being on separate wings, one group on the 2nd floor, one on the 7th. They give out rooms as they are ready, so if you are lucky enough to check in when a room that you have requested is ready, you are good to go. However, if you are like us, youre at their mercy.2.Ask, before going to the room, if the room is a king or double. Once again we requested double and ended up with king. And due to the fact that they were booked, they were unwilling to move us into anything else. 3.Carefully check your room for security problems. We were initially put in room 103 (ground floor) and when we opened the slider to walk out, we realized there was no lock on the slider. It had been broken off (and had been like that for some time), and since the doors were set up differently that here, there was no way to even put something in the door runner to prevent the door from being opened from the outside. After waiting for several hours for a repairman to fix, we finally complained enough that they did move us to another room.Aside from these issues though, the resort was fine. Food was decent for breakfast and lunch (although dinner buffet left a lot to be desired). Drinks were plentiful. Pastafari was decent. Entertainment and activities were varied and fun, although we spent more time off resort. The Johnny Canoe Junkanoo show was entertaining and a short walk from Breezes. The highlight of our trip was the Flying Cloud catamaran/snorkeling adventure. We did this on Sunday and loved it. Crew was fun and entertaining. Fish were plentiful on the reef and Rose Island was a tropical paradise. We snorkeled and danced the day away. Thanks to Captain Craig and his crew for a memorable experience.

4  Thank CAH1310
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed March 10, 2003

A friend and I took our teenagers (2 17's, 2 15's) for seven days in February. My expectations, based on reading reviews, were not really high but I figured, if all else failed, we would be somewhere warm with beach and sun. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. I still can't believe how much is included - food whenever you want it, any kind of drinks, tons of stuff to do for all ages - the kids had a blast. And since the kids could eat whenever they wanted and had lots of things to do, we had a great time too. The staff really treated them well and you get a sense that this is a really friendly and safe place. And I have no complaints about the food, there were so many choices I can't imagine how one couldn't find something they liked.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Newark, NJ
Reviewed February 24, 2003

Thought I booked a vaction to talk about. I talked to the Superclubs rep and she sold me a resort that was not there. The room was old, the food was second class and the pool was jamed woth to many things. The beach is great, but besides from that would never stay there again!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 37 in Nassau
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!