“UK Based Read This!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
leeds
“UK Based Read This!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2006

My Girlfriend and I stayed at the Breezes for 2 weeks from the 1st October 2006 to the 15th October 2006 with First Choice.

I will start with the Plus points.

1. A good beach grill with a limited menu (burgers, hot dogs, chicken, salad) very basic as in the salad would be 4 lettuce leaves, 3 crutons and some caesar sauce (seriously!!)

2. Some staff are friendly but be aware if there is a problem it will take ages to get fixed.

3. Lots of things to do in the hotel.

4. The entertainment is basic but passes the time.

Now the bad points:

1. This place is very popular with trailor trash Americans who will ruin your holiday at all costs. They shout all the time, they will fight in the pool (yes Bob's wife if you are reading this I mean your husband!) they take over every area. No manners, they are messy and are rude to all the staff which impacts on the rest of the guests.

2. The hotel is very dated please see my pictures. In our time there we had other guests who had, hairdryers blow up, toilets overflow, no keys for their room and locked in their room for 6 hours waiting for someone to come with one! Air Conditioning not working. The list goes on! When anything is reported they say they will sort it but then forget, and it take 4 -5 phone calls and visits to reception to get something done.

3. There are no Balconies just french balconies and a patio door that only opens about 2 feet so 2 people cannot lean on the bars!

4. No fridge in your room. No access to water you have to buy it from the shop.

I went on this holiday for a break from work and had one, I would never return again. The holiday was passable, i am not complaining I have had a lovely time in the sun but 4 star this hotel is not maybe a 3 star at most.

If you want to relax do not come to this hotel, If you want to hang around with Pond Life from america and have a fight near the pool bar and then sing american football songs all night then this is the place for you!

I did not have a bad time, but i did not have agood time either, there are better places to spend your money if you are from the UK avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Americans
  • Tips/Secrets — Dont go
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
12 Thank swalker2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,615)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2006

My wife and myself were ready for a getaway from the stress of it all. After having read some of the reviews, we were a little concerned but I must say Breezes in the Bahamas hit a home run for this couple in need of some serious rest and relaxation!

It was our first trip away since our baby was born 17 months ago. In fact, counting the pregnancy and time before, it was the first time away in nearly 3 years, so needless to say, we were overjoyed when we landed. Smooth sailing at the airport re: transfers. Smooth and fast. Trip to resort was cool, fun, informative and otherwise uneventful.

From the moment we arrived until the time we had to leave everyone was the model of gracious hospitality! First of all, the ladies at the front desk were so kind! Forgive me for not writing down their names but seriously, they just took such great care of us.

We went to our room and it was absolutely stunning. We were on the first floor, away from the the activities but close to everything. We even had our own private stip of sand, with chairs, just as we stepped out of our room. The sight of blue water 100 feet away. Amazing.

It was so sweet!! I've stayed at private clubs in the Dominican and this would've been a high end ticket there. At Breezes, it was just a case of super nice staff, putting us in a nice room! The beach was pristine, free of litter. Chairs orderly and sand raked outside our room every day. We witnessed 4 weddings that took place during our stay and I can only imaging the beauty of those pictures.

We were only there for 3 nights, (all we could stand to be away from the baby) but it was total relaxation, the entire time.

OK - The details. Food - We only ate in the main dining hall and the outside grill. Why? It was great! The selection was amazing and always fresh. Grilled Grooper was out of this world. We could've gone to the two restaurants, as the front desk called us everyday just to make sure we were having a good time!!

The dining room was staffed by some of the nicest people. Of special note, Wesley, was a young man that just understood how a warm smile and being considerate go a long way.

I like a nice espresso coffee after my meal, sometimes even during the day. I just thought I'd have to go without but I was knocked out when I went to the dining room and found a machine that doled out "double espressos" whenever I wanted one! I kid you not, it was just over the top. The fruits, the salads, the seafood. Fantastic. We literally wanted for nothing, the whole vacation.

My only words of caution. Bring sunblock and use it right from the start. I waited for a couple of hours and I itch from sun effects now. Hydrate yourself and let the stress go!

As the resort is a direct reflection of the management, I have to give Jackson Weech well deserved kudos. It must be a tough job keeping so many people happy but he kept us and everyone we spoke with happy as can be.

We most certainly would come back and hope to ASAP. Jeff and Connie, we hope to see you there.

Go have fun!

Mark and Lisa
Staten Island, NY.

• Liked — We were in room 180 and it was quite special
  • Disliked — The airconditioning in our room was trying hard but needed a little help with a fan.
  • Tips/Secrets — Yes, don't nitpick the little stuff and be happy you're in the Bahamas!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
10 Thank dddmax
Tampa Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2006

Went back for the 5th time ! Great to see old friends there and once again be welcomed with open arms. It was a bittersweet visit for my friend and myself. The last time we were there with our husbands. That was May 2004. I renewed my vows after 25 years and my friend and her husband knew they probably were visiting for the last time together. Her husband had a brain tumor which took his life in February. My husband decided the vows meant nothing and moved out a year or so ago. So, we went back, included with a group from New York. I read the reviews posted here and yes ... did hear some complaints and saw some deterioration. However, the General Manager did personally tell us of all the projects on-going to revive the resort. Some things changed. Some things remained ... the wonderful friendliness of the staff and management. I never passed a single staff member who didn't stop and greet me in a typical Bahamian greeting. You can see the changes being made all day ... rooms being painted, new furniture in some rooms, carpet being replaced by tile ... I think some perspective has to be given for maybe a slow pace - they stay open 24-7-365 accomodating guests. And, some of those guests are slobs. Give them some credit. They do all they can. Our vist, although filled with memories, was once again pleasant and fun. If some of the guests did not have fun it was their own fault.
LOVE IT !!

• Liked — Staff and the Return Guest Reception
  • Disliked — Bleach smell in the piano bar bathroom
  • Tips/Secrets — Try having the same attitude as the Bahamians! Smile Mon!
  • Stayed October 2006
11 Thank jeanbrennan
New Jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2006

The resort is not well maintained and the service is poor. Rooms smell of Mildew! A/C is minimal in guest rooms. Service in the main dining room si POOR!

The Pool was very cloudy for several days during our one weeks stay. The beach was dirty and not well kept.

Very disappointed in the resort. Previous vacations at Sandal's, Iberostar's and Palace Resort's in the Caribbean were much netter.

Stayed October 2006
6 Thank etrhode

Travelers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Toronto
Reviewed October 11, 2006

My second visit in 18 months. It's a perfect weekend getaway from the kids! However there are positive and negative aspects and if you go make sure it's on a sell-off and not full price!
The resort is small and on a lovely stretch of beach. The staff are friendly and hardworking - overall I found the grounds to be clean and the food to be excellent. Easy to find lounge chairs by the ocean.
The rooms are in a sad state - old, woren out and the doors were off kilter (you'll hearing slamming all night just to close them). If you wish to be in bed before midnight - do not stay in any rooms facing the pool and do not stay on the 2nd floor of the west wing (it's actually right off the main lobby where the entertainment is). The room's really do need a renovation - our room was clean, no bugs, but really really in bad shape.
The two a la carte restaurants are nice and bookings are across from the main desk from 8 am to 4 pm. My hubby loved the fish dishes and the sauces were amazing (cudo's to the kitchen).
Drinks - only rum is Appleton's Gold Rum (no light rum)? But lots of variety you just ask (got cosmo martinis from the piano bar - a nice evening spot). Overall - a 3 1/2 out of 5.

• Liked — Beach, food
  • Disliked — Rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't pay full price
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Loranita
New Jersey
Reviewed October 10, 2006

We travelled to Breezes for my niece's wedding. The first room we checked into smelled musty and we soon found out why. The ceiling in the bathroom looked like there was a prior leak and was patched. After showering, water started to pour out of the ceiling where the repair was. I had to get the trash can to catch all the water flowing out. We were given another room but it was apparent that every room was very musty smelling. It seems the resort not only has a stinky water problem it also has an air conditioning problem. During the heat of the day it was unable to cool the rooms sufficiently so room was hot. We also lost electricity at one point and water was off for a period of time. Because we were there for a wedding we made the best of it but were extremely disappointed. Breezes in the Bahamas is not what it is advertised to be on their web site. After reading about the resort we thought we were travelling to a first class hotel but nothing could be further from the truth!

• Liked — Staying at the beach/pool
  • Disliked — Room was musty and smelly
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank anna1212
Rhode Island
Reviewed October 10, 2006

We have just returned from a really wonderful four-day, three-night vacation at the Breezes.
First of all let me say how warm, friendly, kind and genuine the Bahamian people are.
Check in at the front desk went great. We were given a renovated room with a fantastic view of the ocean and pool.
We ate at Pastafari and the Garden of Eden - both were great as was the breakfast, lunch and supper buffets in the main dining room.
The staff at Breezes were all so helpful. You can tell they all enjoy their jobs.
I had read many of the trip advisor reviews on Superclubs Breezes, Bahamas before leaving and am glad that I waited until I got there to make up my own mind about the property. Can't wait to go back

• Liked — ocean, pool, food, drink
  • Tips/Secrets — plan on having a great time
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank HelenArruda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#13 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!