From the moment we got off the plane - we found the Breezes Desk at the airport, which was much easier than we anticipated. We were given our pre-registration paperwork to complete and told that it would be about 15 minutes until the shuttle was going to pick us up. We didn't have a problem with that, so we went outdoors, he had a smoke, and within 3 minutes, the luggage shuttle was there and 2 minutes later, our ride was there - very comfortable multi seat "bus" shuttle, with air conditioning and a very pleasent & informative driver.
We LOVED it here! We read the posts by others, and while some were informative and some were negative, we went with an open mind and high hopes. We were so pleased with EVERYTHING that we are already planning our return trip next year!
The staff is forbidden to receive tips. We asked that if we felt we had great service, if we could discretely tip and were told, "absolutely not, that the employee could lose their job if caught." Knowing this made it even better when every, and I mean EVERY, staff member genuinely greeted us, said hello, good morning, may I help you, how are you, what can I get you, etc. and with a true smile upon their face. You could tell that they really liked their job, and providing for the guests.
We had the luxury of enjoying our favorite US beverages, top shelf, at no charge. The food was tasty, and plentiful. While the main dining room served close to the same food nightly, they did a nice job of doing "themes" such as Oriental fare, Thanksgiving-type fare, local tastes, etc. Breakfast and lunch were enjoyable as well, and nothing was ever "out" as we read in other posts. The poolside grill was fast, friendly, fresh and tasty. We really enjoyed the local favorite of Conch Fritters on a daily basis!
The pool water was just a little cool for our liking from January 31 - February 5th 2010, HOWEVER the ocean, which was only about 60 yards away from the towel hut, was a warm 74-76* and such a joy to be in during that time of the year! The hot tub - comfortable and a great place that a huge number of us utilized nightly! We often had 30-40 of us in there and while that made it cramped - the drinks kept us all making new friends and chatting up the day's events!
Our room was exactly what I would have expected it to be - comfortable, clean, and easy to access. We never had a problem with anything coming up stolen, the room was maintained for us daily, we had a maintenance problem one day - when the shower would not turn off and after calling the front desk, it was fixed immediately, without hassle.
The entertainment was fun and kept us occupied for as long as we wanted it to - both inside at night in the open-air party room, to being poolside playing trivia games or chugging beer, to name a few.
We did take the time one night to make a reservation at The Garden Of Eden, one of their speciality restaurants, and it was soooooooooo worth it! The food was delicious, and on the gourmet side, and the service was impecable! It was a great romantic setting and experience!!
All that said - simply put - we were just very very pleased with the entire experience!
This is mostly an adult resort, however it is stated that its' 14+. Next year we're bringing our youngest daughter (17) to enojy the carribbean with us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-inclusive resort in The Bahamas is situated on almost 1000-ft of the powder-white sands of Cable Beach, the island's best beach. No Hidden Taxes or Fees or surcharges - just one upfront price. Wi-Fi in bedrooms and lobby included - virtually everything you can eat, drink & do included one simple, upfront price - with no tipping allowed. Tennis, snorkeling, rock climbing, sailing, flying trapeze! Three restaurants plus a beach grill. Four bars. Nightclub and piano bar. All included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort Bahamas Hotel Nassau
- Superclubs Breezes Bahamas Nassau
- Breezes Nassau
- Super Club Breeze Bahamas
- Breezes Superclub Bahamas
- Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas Nassau