Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
$240
$145
$141
Hotwire.com
British Colonial Hilton Nassau(Nassau)(Great Value!)
$212
$289
$250
Hyatt.com
8,073 results
All reviewsgarden of edenfunky dentertainment staffpool grillrock climbingsummer breezevisited breezesthe main dining roompiano barboard gamesjerk chickenbooze cruiseping pongconch frittersnightly entertainmenta la carte restaurantshave a good time
Reviewed April 29, 2005

My boyfriend and I had never been to the Bahamas, so I did lots of research and read lots of reviews, and after reading some of the postings here, I had my doubts. But we had decided that all-inclusive was what we wanted, and Sandals was WAY out of our price range, so we booked Breezes April 6 through 12. It was perfect.

We're in our mid-thirties, and just wanted a place to relax and have fun, where we didn't have to leave the resort if we didn't want to. Couldn't ask for more than Breezes. We arrived on a Wednesday, the Breezes shuttle from the airport was easy and quick, as was check-in in the beautiful open air lobby. Our room was spotlessly clean and comfortable, and the housekeeping staff were just great. The air conditioner was quiet and worked great. And what a great list of activities they plan every day! We loved the fact that we could choose to take part in all the activities, or just lay there like vegetables and do nothing, and not worry about having to go searching for a restaurant if we got hungry. We didn't open our wallets at all once we got there, except to do a little shopping Downtown. The $1 bus picked us up right there at the hotel and had us at the Straw Market in minutes. I highly recommend it.

We were given towel cards so that we could get beach towels, and a lock and key for the room safe, all of which we used with no problem. Yes, it's $50 if you lose them, but if you're not adult enough to keep track of a towel, a card, or a key, then you shouldn't be allowed to leave your own house.

There was a HUGE variety of food in the main dining room available all hours of the day, even midnight snacks. It was great not having to taxi all over town looking for restaurants for every meal. Yes, it's cafeteria-style food, but everything was freshly prepared and I had no trouble filling my plate at each meal. All was delicious, and we both enjoyed everything we had. There was lots of seafood, and I particularly liked the pasta bar and salad bar; very fresh. My boyfriend is very meat-and-potatoes guy, and he was very happy with the selection. We had dinner when we could at the two restaurants, Eden and Pastafari, both of which are EXCELLENT and not to be missed. It was very easy to make our reservations a day ahead.

The staff were so friendly, and the entertainment was outstanding, between the Disco and the Summer Breeze band we danced until we dropped. And the drinks were delicious; made perfectly with top-brand liquor. The beach was the best part; pristine, inviting and uncrowded. We liked the swim-up bar in the pool, too! And being at an all-adult resort was nice, too. We timed it just right to miss the spring-breakers, so the majority of the guests were our age, and we had no complaints about noise. The Crystal Palace casino was a short walk two hotels down from us and that was fun, too.

Our overall opinion is that we'd go back to Breezes in a hot second. If you want champagne, foie gras and a butler, go to Sandals. If you want an easy, no-worries, lay-there or party-hearty vacation, then Breezes is the only place to be.

26  Thank Jen_CVermont
A TripAdvisor Member
Westchester, NY
Reviewed April 27, 2005

I was in a group of high school spring breakers staying at the hotel during the week of April 15-22. This hotel was perfect for a senior spring break trip. Thankyfully, it was an all-inclusive because we never once had to carry cash on us. The rooms were decent. When we checked in there were a few problems because the hotel overbooked, but we ended up getting a room. The bathrooms are fine as well, but the shower drains are slow so be prepared for a little bit of clogging. Also, beware of the taxi drivers. They can sometimes be a little bit sketchy, a friend of mine got into a very uncomfortable situation with one when taking the taxi to Paradise Island. The natives are also very religious (homophobic) so if you are gay, I probably would not freely give out that information. Overall, my friends and I had a really good safe spring break. I would recommend this hotel for spring breakers, but for families I would either recommend that you spend the extra cash on the Atlantis or go to another island.
The pros to the hotel were: 1) a bountiful amount of liquor 2) piano bar is a classy way to remove yourself from all spring break chaos 3) garden of eden and pastafari are really good
Some cons to the hotel were that the drinking water is extremely salty/briny. I would stick to bottled water at the hotel. The picture guy is also extremely annoying.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2005

A group of 8 of us in the age range of 26-34 stayed at the Breezes on Cable Beach 4/21 - 4/26. We so had a great time. Just like everyone else after reading the reviews I was so worried about the outcome of our trip. Everything was fine. The hotel is average, but very clean. There was always staff picking up. The rooms are like a motel 6 rooms. We stayed in the 208, 216, 229, and 230. They have only the basics. Everything in all of our rooms worked fine. We always had hot water even if we showered in the middle of the day. I would suggest that you hang your Do Not Distribe sign on your door for your entire stay. We had our cell phone stolen from our room, and of course the hotel took a report but did nothing. If you need towels just ask one of the house services to bring you some. Just don't get in a hurry for them. Things move every slow on the island.

The food was good. Not great but good. It was always hot, and there was always a variatey. I notice peoples plates steaming as they were walking back to the table. Breakfast is by far the best! They will cook you up eggs anyway you want them. Eat by the pool at least once. The conch fritters are great. I would also suggest if you get out to go eat at Hemadors (not sure about the spelling). It is a Braslin 5 star resturant. They walk around with great meat on skewers and cut the food off and serve to you. We went on complimentary wine night. Man that was the best food ever. It has only been open for 2 weeks. It is new and approved and is owned by the people who own the GreyCliff. That is a great resturant to check into if you are intersted in a dressed up night out. We RSVP for the two resturants in the hotel but never made it there. We ate out in town for most of our dinners. It was nice to do that. That was the best part of the trip. Please note it is not very safe to walk around in town at night. Have the cap drove you off and take one back to the hotel. Don't venture out. Please budget in for cabfare. It runs $16 from the hotel to the Market and $20 from the hotel to Atlantis. Each Way.

We also went to Senior Frogs, Poop Deck (great food), and Atlantis. Atlantis is a must see. Take the tour yourself and walk around. You can go to the market on the 10 bus for $1. If you need to call home or whatever don't use your hotel phone. My cell phone worked but everyone else did not. Get a calling card down the street from your hotel and us the pay phone. The one across the street from the hotel does not work. You have to put in a quarter and then enter you calling card information. You can not slip in the card in the phone it will not work.

At the hotel we rented jet skis. Don't pay the total price they are asking for most of everything can be bargined. We did the Trapeze. We went to the club downstairs at the hotel. They played great music. It is a bit loud. They stay open until 5 however they do not service alcohol after 2 I believe. The hotel also have pool tables, ping pong tables, Foosbal table, other board games, and the internet in the game room. The band upstairs played every night. They rock! We got there on Toga night, and yes some of us did partake. The drinks at the hotel are super. Very good and none stop. The last night we were there we went to the buffet and had the lady bring us 4 bottles of wine.

Overall, it was a great trip. We had a wonderful time. No problems. Not really ready to go back to work tomorrow. I would suggest this hotel for sure, and we are a pretty picky group. Go and enjoy!!!

If you have any specific questions please email me and title your email Breezes Inquiry.

10  Thank Space
Reviewed April 24, 2005

Well, I was certainly on vacation during the same time as the last two reviewers were, and believe me - I couldn't disagree with them more! It was great! Sure, the weather was a bit cooler than expected (hence why the pool was described as "cold" - which it wasn't, by the way)...but we certainly enjoyed ourselves. First of all, the staff was EXTREMELY friendly. I'm amazed at how rude the vacation goers are! People should just relax and enjoy vacation rather than getting miffed at the staff. Everyone was extremely accommodating and did everything possible to ensure we were having a good time. Yes, the hotel itself isn't as grandioso as the Atlantis, but given the price and the fun atmosphere at Breezes I would certainly choose it over the stuffy upscale hotels. The food at the buffet was "eh" but Pastafari was fabulous! Perhaps if the previous reviewer researched the hotel beforehand they would have known to get reservations as soon as they arrived! Alcohol flows like water through the place, so if you're craving a pina colada by the pool, help yourself to the automatic drink machines, and add alcohol yourself! If you're looking to do something fun and worthwhile, outside of the hotel (you really don't even need to leave!), I HIGHLY recommend doing the Barefoot Sunset Cruise. If you don't want to embark on a booze cruise, this is a great alternative. Its $49 per person for a 2 hour sunset cruise with cheese and champagne included. There were only about 12 people on it, and the ambience was fabulous! Certainly romantic. You can pick up a brochure by the activities desk. The ONLY bad thing about our trip was trying to book the sunset cruise through the activities desk in the hotel! For whatever reason (I think that they get a bigger commission for pushing other "day trips" on you), she advised us against it and blatantly lied and said it was booked. When I went up to the room and tried to book it with Barefoot myself (I had a hunch!), they had a cruise available for us (!).... A little bit shady. So I advise you to book your day trips from your room phone!! And finally, as for the Spring Breakers, let me tell you, they were MILD and friendly compared to my days as a college kid! Again, simple research would have persuaded the previous reviewers from booking during Spring Break. But overall, for the money, it's a great time. Don't expect a 5 star resort, it's not. But it is certainly a good find for the money.

13  Thank SarcasmSpasm
A TripAdvisor Member
Hawthorne, NJ
Reviewed April 24, 2005

Let's see where should I begin. First of all I felt like cattle being hearded into a pen during check in. We had to board a bus from the airport and wait for it to fill up - and then wait on this long line to check in - to find out our room wasn't even ready. They told us to check back later. They never told us about having to make dinner reservations or that the hotel had an orientation.
So anyway we finally get our room - and of course the key does not work. So we were up and down to the lobby 3 times before they gave us a key that worked.

Our room was okay - at least it was clean. During our stay in the Bahamas it was very windy so the sliding door to outside kept rattling all night long. One day after the maid cleaned our room she left no towels - so I saw her in the hallway and told her we didn't have any towels. She said they had ran out - and she would bring some later. By 6:30PM we still had no towels - after our 3 calls to the front desk we finally had our towels.
Let me just sum thisreview up by saying the music by the pool was very loud all day long - you could find some relieve from it by sitting at the beach - but then you were asked about 5 times a day if you wanted to buy jewlery or a cigar.
The food was pretty bad - we are from the tri-state area and we are use to pretty good food so we were not expecting to much. I would say the only thing that was good was the breakfast buffet or lunch at the grill. (how bad can you really screw that up)

They only up side to this resort was that the people who worked there were all pretty nice!!

• Stayed: March 2005