“July 16th, 2003”

Chardon, Ohio
“July 16th, 2003”
Reviewed October 24, 2004

Hi All!

Well to start, I had just came across this site recently. Hence the late review. However, I must say I didn't plan on doing this review thing. I was planning a vacation to the D.R., but after reading reviews was hesitant. So I decided to come here, and compare reviews. To see how my thoughts compared to others I have read.

Here we go!

In the Cleveland Plain Dealer in February of 2003', there was an article about this place. The writer for the paper, mentioned the cost, and the things they do at the Breezes Nassau. It was very impressive.
My fiancee' and I planned on getting married by ourselves on vacation. We decided to go here at the Breezes. I made the reservations via the computer, and the air travel via the computer seperate. As the Breezes package with airfare was about $400 more.
There was a wonderful person there named Elouise, who was just awesome! She was the Breezes wedding coordinator. She set up the wedding, the time, a cake, some food and champaigne, my getting a tux on the island. The tux shop was awesome! Run by a islander and his daughter. They provided transport there for fitting, and transport back. They picked the tux back up at the hotel.
We had an excellent time!

The A/C, not cold, but adequate. The room a bit outdated, some dirt around the vents (which sticks out on yellow paint), the bathroom a little beat up looking, BUT SPOTLESS! The sheets and room clean, with no bugs. (I only mention, because of the numerous carribean reviews I have read),
the safe worked. As far as attitude? I am going to say this. Most of the people were friendly and nice. Some were rude, or ignorant, but you find that EVERYWHERE in my opinion. That's part of life. The comdey shows were funny, but the same ones over and over. That's ok though, I wouldn't go to one every night. The food was pretty much the same, but did change some of the selections every few days. The pool was clean, spotless. Drank the tap water in the middle of the night a few times, and had NO problems at all. The water on the beach clearer than I expected. It clears up alot down towards the BVI and AVI. I definately wouldn't look at Nassau for SCUBA.

Overall, I guess reading others reviews. You can't take every bad review to heart. I went to 80% of the hotel reviews for the D.R. Every one of them had some terrible stuff. Every one of them had Excellent stuff. So I am chalking it up to some people are a little more snobby and expectacious than others. My carribean travels so far, tell me...... your not going for Ritz Carlton atmosphere. People are not going to Cater to your every need, and smile ALL the time. It's a bussiness, and real life. Your going there to chill or party and get out of the cold or rain and to decent weather.

Ricky

3 Thank Rickycen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,627)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 22, 2004

I have read alot of reviews from people about Breezes and decided to put my 2 cents in.We just returned from Breezes on 10/11/04 and had a great time.This was our second time at Breezes and we went with a group of 8 people all 25-30 yrs old.The staff was great,drinks were great,food was ok/average,rooms were clean and cool,pools were great,beach was clean,and all activities were open.We did not have to leave a phone deposit to make long distance calls as someone previously wrote,pool does not close at 600 pm,the life guard goes off at 600pm and it is swim on your own after that.We swam and went in hot tub at 2 and 3 am some nights.The towels are a valid gripe as they are very thin and about useless- Bring your own.Overall I think Breezes is a Great place to go relax and have fun and not worry about carrying money for drinks,food,etc..Compare prices for hotels and all inclusives,I think they offer alot for the money.Unless you are used to ALL first class treatment and amenities,Breezes is great.If you like all first class,pay 3x the money to goto Atlantis!! Two things I would like to see Breezes do is Buy some better pool towels and get the peddlers off the beach.....

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2004

We stayed at the Breezes Bahamas Resort from 10/15-10/19/2004 and had a wonderful time. There were about 18 of us (mostly good friends) and we loved it there. EVERYTHING is all inclusive, alcohol included. And you can eat and drink around the clock. The only major complaint that we had was the rooms were not cool enough with their air conditioners and that the room keys were not working right. Some people in our groups room were not ready (check in is a 3, rooms weren't ready till 4). Otherwise, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff there were awesome, too.
My husband and I ate at the Garden of Eden and we highly recommend it. The service was great, but the food portions were small.
Otherwise, the Nassau airport workers were MEAN and never cracked a smile. Going through customs was painful. You would get the impression that the workers hate tourists, as they can't be bothered with their jobs. The airport was our only worst experience that we had. Go to the Breezes Resort. They are wonderful there

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2004

Myself and 5 friends vacationed at Breezes from 10/13/04 through 10/16/04. Firstly, the hotel itself is outdated. The rooms were humid and musty. They have a horrible floral decor from what seems like the 1980s. The TVs are on a very ancient (1980s type) TV stand. Understanding that hurricanes recently passed through the Bahamas, I know some rooms were out of commission. But, as a visitor, I shouldn't have been able to view the cement from the ceilings and anything else damaged everytime I opened my room door. Though, the missing letters from the hotel's name out front is kind of unavoidable. The male staff members were very rude. They had no qualms with coming on to women during their work hours. On the flip-side, the women weren't willing to be cordial until you engaged them. The drinks were so-so. I'm not sure where they buy their top shelf liquor, which indeed it was labeled, but it didn't taste like top shelf. It has to be diluted or transfered from a lower end bottle. The overall experience was poor as the pool bar closed in the early evening. Though, I think this was to accomodate the 60+ crowd who were definitely in attendance. And no, it wasn't 1 group. From my experience and from other websites, you can see this is a popular spot for vacationing seniors. We found ourselves wasting our all-inclusive money by traveling to The Atlantis and wherever else we could to enjoy ourselves. To make matters worse, contacting my toddler son was impossible as the hotel required you to deposit $100 to use your room phone, even if you were using a calling card, which they didn't even sell. To top it off, if you chose not to use your room phone your only other option was to walk 3 hotels down and use the Nassau Beach Hotel's payphone. The nightly entertainment was very 'loungy.' The older people seemed to really enjoy it though. And, all those wonderful activities advertised were not available during our stay. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone UNDER the age of 55.

• Stayed October 2004
1 Thank Cianadoll
Long Island, NY
Reviewed October 18, 2004

My husband and I stayed at Breezes approx. 3 years ago for 8 nights. We are 40 at the time. My recollections are: The room was fine. Average - nothing fancy, but clean. The breakfast buffet was good but we found the dinner buffet to be repetitive, esp. after 8 nights. The pool area is boasted to be three huge pools. NO. There's a small wading pool (like someone else on this website said: perhaps a kiddie pool in another life) and two small adjoining pools. Couldn't really swim in them. Very shallow. It was very crowded out by the pool. Had to get ouside early to get a chair. Agree with the towel assesment. A threadbear, tiny towel was given to you. One each. Gosh, think you can spare it??). We did, however, find the staff very nice. No problems. One thing that was annoying was we had an early flight home, and the front desk told us to be in the lobby at 4:45 a.m. for the bus back to the airport. We got there at 4:30. (Natually, we were up at 3:30 - not fun on vacation). When we got down to the lobby, they told us, no, you didn't have to be down here until 6. They suggested we go on back to the room and relax until 6. We did that. At about 5:50, the rang us and told us the bus was there. We went back downstairs. By the time we got back to the lobby, the bus left without us. So then a staff member had to drive us to the airport (I REFUSED to pay for a cab). During our stay, it seemed like a lot of college kids on spring break were there. They didn't bother me, but my husband found their pool-side shenanigans tiresome after several days (rap music from their boom boxes, getting drunk and obnoxious). Overall - I liked Breeezes but wouldn't stay there again. We've been to the Atlantis 5 times (our 6th will be next month) and we much prefer that.

Reviewed October 14, 2004

went to breezes for our honeymoon. the staff was incredible. the food was better than expected. if you go i HIGHLY recommend trying the trapeeze that they have set up on the beach. all inclusive is the way to go! even met some extremely nice folks from arkansas.(see review below). free food, free liquor, and free entertainment, and a super friendly staff; what more could you ask for?

p.s. if you do go to breezes be sure to take your own towel (theirs leave alot to be desired as far as absorbency goes)

• Stayed January 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 12, 2004

What a great place to have a wedding. My wife and I stayed 7 nights (one free for our wedding) and had a great time. We were given a free yet beautiful wedding that passed both our expectations. The resort itself is very nice. Tons of things to do and the scenery is just perfect. The staff was more than gracious and made us feel like we were at home away from home. If you like to eat, drink, swim, meet people, and try new things then this is the resort for you. The resort is not perfect but for the money how could it be. We were really happily surprised about the quality of entertainment. I recommend this resort to anyone that isn't up tight and enjoys having a good time. Can't say it enough on how perfect they made our wedding day. ENJOY! We will be back!!!!

• Stayed October 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#2 of 37 in Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!