Well to start, I had just came across this site recently. Hence the late review. However, I must say I didn't plan on doing this review thing. I was planning a vacation to the D.R., but after reading reviews was hesitant. So I decided to come here, and compare reviews. To see how my thoughts compared to others I have read.
Here we go!
In the Cleveland Plain Dealer in February of 2003', there was an article about this place. The writer for the paper, mentioned the cost, and the things they do at the Breezes Nassau. It was very impressive.
My fiancee' and I planned on getting married by ourselves on vacation. We decided to go here at the Breezes. I made the reservations via the computer, and the air travel via the computer seperate. As the Breezes package with airfare was about $400 more.
There was a wonderful person there named Elouise, who was just awesome! She was the Breezes wedding coordinator. She set up the wedding, the time, a cake, some food and champaigne, my getting a tux on the island. The tux shop was awesome! Run by a islander and his daughter. They provided transport there for fitting, and transport back. They picked the tux back up at the hotel.
We had an excellent time!
The A/C, not cold, but adequate. The room a bit outdated, some dirt around the vents (which sticks out on yellow paint), the bathroom a little beat up looking, BUT SPOTLESS! The sheets and room clean, with no bugs. (I only mention, because of the numerous carribean reviews I have read),
the safe worked. As far as attitude? I am going to say this. Most of the people were friendly and nice. Some were rude, or ignorant, but you find that EVERYWHERE in my opinion. That's part of life. The comdey shows were funny, but the same ones over and over. That's ok though, I wouldn't go to one every night. The food was pretty much the same, but did change some of the selections every few days. The pool was clean, spotless. Drank the tap water in the middle of the night a few times, and had NO problems at all. The water on the beach clearer than I expected. It clears up alot down towards the BVI and AVI. I definately wouldn't look at Nassau for SCUBA.
Overall, I guess reading others reviews. You can't take every bad review to heart. I went to 80% of the hotel reviews for the D.R. Every one of them had some terrible stuff. Every one of them had Excellent stuff. So I am chalking it up to some people are a little more snobby and expectacious than others. My carribean travels so far, tell me...... your not going for Ritz Carlton atmosphere. People are not going to Cater to your every need, and smile ALL the time. It's a bussiness, and real life. Your going there to chill or party and get out of the cold or rain and to decent weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-inclusive resort in The Bahamas is situated on almost 1000-ft of the powder-white sands of Cable Beach, the island's best beach. No Hidden Taxes or Fees or surcharges - just one upfront price. Wi-Fi in bedrooms and lobby included - virtually everything you can eat, drink & do included one simple, upfront price - with no tipping allowed. Tennis, snorkeling, rock climbing, sailing, flying trapeze! Three restaurants plus a beach grill. Four bars. Nightclub and piano bar. All included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort Bahamas Hotel Nassau
- Superclubs Breezes Bahamas Nassau
- Breezes Nassau
- Super Club Breeze Bahamas
- Breezes Superclub Bahamas
- Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas Nassau