“Dated but excellent value for money”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Dated but excellent value for money”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a bit of a throw back and could do with a spruce here and there, but we loved it.

Ocean view room was spacious, clean and well maintained. Air con great, bathroom perfect.

Meals were varied and of excellent quality. The seating at meal times could be more organised but if Americans had manners and waited to be seated before piling their plates high then this would help.

Pool was busy but we were beach dwellers and it was great. A bit more shade would improve things. Hire a cabana $20 well spent.

Evening ent fine for those who want it.

Worry for this hotel with big developments going on. It won't survive unless upgraded.

Had a fab holiday.

Remember you get what you pay for inc free Americans!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Martin R
resortgmNassau, Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear Martin R,

Many thanks for choosing Breezes Bahamas as you vacation destination, we have shared your kind comments relative to our service with the team members.

We wish to advise that we have reviewed and improved the organization in our dining facility which has enhanced the dining experience. Therefore, we look forward to a new experience on your return vacation.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,615)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I'm a native of The Bahamas, and I want to say I was very impressed by the people, talent, energy and the vibe. I stayed for 3days and every moment was amazing because of special people. The food was outstanding. I could eat at beach grill everyday,(must try the jerk chicken). And the main dining room which is buffet, you could never go wrong with that. I made no reservations for the other restaurants but I'm sure they were just as good. Special thanks to Alex and Garith from the bar, always had my drinks on point n the entertainment staff...Oscar , Jason , Marvin , Jerry & Tanya they always kept me laughing. The entertainment staff participated in the nightly shows... my favorite was talent show and oldies night!!!

I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kim M
resortgmNassau, Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Kim M,

Thank you for choosing Breezes Bahamas as your vacation destination, and thanks for the kind comments concerning our food and staff services. We have shared your comments with our team members for continuous improvement.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2014

A few days ago, I returned from a 5 day/4 night stay at Breezes with two of my friends. Our time at the resort truly exceeded our expectations. The staff at Breezes was incredibly polite and accommodating. It’s not uncommon for the staff to greet you, inquire about how you are enjoying your vacation, etc. The woman who set up our dolphin encounter was wonderful; everything was done with ease and the excursion itself was fantastic. The bartenders (Garth was great!) were attentive and we never had to wait long for a drink. I also felt that I did not have to wait when ordering food by the pool, even when there were a lot of people on line. The staff in the buffet area was also very courteous. Also, the pool area was clean because there are workers that constantly clean up any empty cups lying around; you'll find that those little plastic cups accumulate quickly when you are double fisting water and booze under the hot Bahamian sun.

Above all, I must say that our favorite staff members were Justin and Marvin. They were friendly, entertaining, and encouraged us to get involved in activities and dance, which, overall, made for a more fun and interactive experience. Justin and Marvin’s exuberance contributed to making our stay at Breezes one of the most enjoyable vacations I’ve ever been on.

Tips/Other Things Worth Mentioning:
-I’d highly recommend for guests to do the activities by the pool or at night in the lobby. I absolutely must give a special thanks to Joey for making me an amazing toga! The girls who run this activity really do an incredible job.
-We loved drinking wine and listening to Funky D jam out in the lobby area before heading down to the club. Sometimes they played the same music, but it was always entertaining.
-The DJ at the club plays GREAT music. We looked forward to going down to the club every night.
-If you are tired of the buffet and want to eat out, I recommend eating at the Garden of Eden. It’s delicious :)

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor, which I loved because it was close to EVERYTHING; however, if noi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Read lots of reviews before we went and we were unsure of what to expect. Due to this our expectations were not too high to begin with. However, we found that whilst the hotel was somewhat tired and in need of updating it was not as bad as some of the reviews led us to believe. The staff were accommodating and friendly especially Polo the waiter. He was our favourite staff member. All the rooms were cleaned to a good standard and towels refreshed daily along with the sheets. Showers were spacious and efficient and a good nights sleep were had by all every night. The beach was kept clean and tidy by the staff, however, if we hadn't paid extra for deluxe ocean front rooms I think we may have been a little disappointed with the accommodation. Copious amounts of alcohol and the food was yummy especially the jerk pork and the macaroni cheese. If you do find yourselves on a bit of a tight budget this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Go for deluxe ocean front room on the ground floor. You get your own terrace area, sun lounger and u...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jemma M
Dear Jemma M,

Thank you for patronizing Breezes Bahamas, we are most grateful for having the opportunity to provide a delightful experience, our team members are committed to ensuring a that they give the highest level of guest satisfaction.

We have shared your comments with our culinary team to serve as inspiration for your future visit. We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the near future.

Kahnawake, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Went for a 4day getaway, resort is very clean room was nice. Beach was Beautiful. Buffest are so so, better to reserve at the restaurants. done side the staff were not very helpful or courtesy, think is due to the no tipping.. only staff that was always pleasant was the grounds keepers and the security guards. Towel hut be prepared for the long wait at 8am... she shows up late and goes to work with no pen!!! Cabanas go fast so try to reserve right away!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stayed at Breezes and couldn't be happier. Once you get through the check in policy, you couldn't ask for more. Drinks, food, and pools were great. The management staff, concierge, bar staff were more that helpful and tried and did make our stay pure pleasure. We will definitely make this one of our yearly trips!!! Jeston and Angelia are top notch in the hospitality world!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We returned recently from a five night stay. I've never written a review for anything before, but am compelled to do so in order to applaud the amazing staff at the Breezes Hotel! Tiff, Tanya, Jerry, Jason, the waitstaff in the restaurants, buffet, pool snack area, Keshawn the cabana server, housekeepers, Colyn the bellman, security staff, Michael and the entire Water Sports team were true professionals who care about the guests who stay at the Breezes. They all go out of there way to make your vacation as special and fun as they possibly can. We saw the entertainment staff practicing their new moves in the mornings in preparation for their evening shows. They are committed and hard workers! Jerry is a talented choreographer and designer!

We jogged on the little track next to the tennis courts and worked out in the gym afterwards. The grounds are well taken care of. The gym is on the older side but everything worked. Michael took my husband out for a sailing lesson and was so proud of him when he proceeded to successfully take us out the next day. He's a great teacher and was yelling out helpful reminders as we ventured out on our sail. We went out on the kayaks and used the floats that were available. We bought a snorkel and mask at the gift shop and were fortunate to see two adorable sea turtles right off the beach and lots of pretty angel fish. The beach and water were absolutely amazing!!! We couldn't drag ourselves out of it most days! I disagree that the pool wasn't clean; we thought it was perfect and I was up early every morning to witness the stringent cleaning process that took place each day!

The entertainment was very fun and engaging. The throwback music night was wonderful with music from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's. The Michael Jackson Thriller number was great! We were part of Toga Night and were so impressed with the time, energy and heart that the staff put into creating our beautiful togas!

It's great to rent the $20.00 cabanas as often as you can, but if you can't, there are tons of lovely shady spots under palm trees with amazing views of the Caribbean. The area next to the water sports section is nice and quiet with lots of shady spots. We had fun the day we rented the cabana too, as it was close to all the action and music. We took part in a ring toss game that day and played pool volleyball another day. Reviews I read prompted me to get to the pool hut early to get beach towels, which I did for the first couple of days. There were plenty of towels available based on what I saw. The only time I didn't see any on the shelves was in the late afternoon.

The lobby is lovely with an open air view of the pool and beach. The bellman and security guys are wonderful to talk to and very willing to snap photos. The woman that helped us book our Dolphin Encounter trip was terrific. The trip to the Blue Lagoon Island and our daughter's dolphin encounter were very special!

The rooms could use some updating. A few more electric sockets would be beneficial. The bathrooms, however, are updated and pleasant. The pillows should be replaced more often. When I asked for more pillows, twice, they arrived right away. When we asked for more towels when we first arrived, they were delivered within minutes. I left a note one day requesting some extra towels and we received plenty. I don't believe tips are accepted because we left one for the housekeeping staff the first couple of days, but they were not taken. A very honest and professional staff! I used the white lightweight comforters that were in the closet rather than the flowered spreads that were on the bed when we first arrived - they were much more comfortable. Would be a great idea to take a short piece of clothesline and some clothespins to secure your bathing suits to the balcony. WIFI worked out in the hallway or in the lobby area.

We ate at Martino's twice, the Garden of Eden once and at the Japanese restaurant on our last night. Service at Martino's was excellent, food was good. Service and food were excellent at the Garden of Eden, and food was excellent at the Japanese Restaurant but service was slow. A new policy had been instituted the day before relative to securing a reservation/table at the restaurants so the night we ate at the Japanese restaurant, everyone came in together. Very tough on the waitstaff. The "call in the morning for a reservation" policy seemed to work fine, but it’s admirable that the hotel is trying different ways to handle things.

We were a party of three - my husband, myself and our seventeen year old daughter. Since the Breezes advertises that it caters to a fourteen and older crowd, we appreciated that there were other teenagers staying at the Breezes and that there were lots of activities available to participate in, if desired. Guests who stay at the hotel should be aware that the hotel welcomes this age group.

We've been to a number of Caribbean Islands and feel as though the native Bahamians are the most friendly, engaging, hardworking and proud people that we've encountered. They are thoughtful, interesting and lots of fun! The most important thing you should take with you on a vacation to the Breezes is the right attitude. We knew when we booked our trip that we were getting a pretty amazing deal. Because it isn't super pricey, I think it attracts real people who work hard to save up for a few days in Paradise. We met lots of terrific and authentic people from all around the world. If you're very fussy, forget it, but If you want an amazing beach, and a true old world Bahama vacation (minus the artificial Atlantis vibe) at a reasonable price with good food, unlimited drinks, entertainment, water sports and a dedicated and super friendly staff, the Breezes will make you very happy.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
12 Thank sunandsand2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#13 of 14 in Paradise Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!