“very dissapointed”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
“very dissapointed”
Reviewed June 7, 2004

I took my daughter to the Nassau Breezes resort this year, 2004, May 17 thru May22. We had to wait two hours for our room to be prepared. Then we were given an ocean view room that we had paid extra for. When we arrived in the room, there was a kingsize bed and when we opened the curtain all we could see were trees. We were finally moved to another room, after several transferrs to many different people on the phone. This time we had our two double beds and a better view of the ocean. Still not a view that i would have paid extra for. The sliding glass door was off the track and very hard to open and close. The tv was very small and the cd player was just a small radio. The paint was pealing. The bathroom sink would not drain and kept backing up some goo into the sink. The hairdryer did not work. On the next to last day, we were called by management and told that they needed out papers from the travel agency. I took them to the desk. They copied them and gave them back. went back to the room received another call. No one knew who copied them. Had to go back down to have them copied again. Constantly being approached on the beach by natives selling trips, tours, hair bead, etc. The food was okay, but the soda machines were broken most of the time. The tables were unclean and the silverware was not washed thoroughly. As you can see, our trip was a nightmare. It cost twice as much as a week in Maui last year. I won't recommend it to anyone. The beach was full of glass and seaweed. Go at your own risk. Oh, i almost forgot the fight outside our room that had to have security break up and the fact that none of the doors would shut easily and every time one was slammed during the night, it sounded like a gun shot.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,595)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed June 4, 2004

My husband and I (both 29) just returned from a 6 night stay at Breezes Bahamas Saturday, May 29 through Friday, June 4. After landing in Nassau, a Breezes van took us on the 10 minute ride to the hotel. We checked in and were on the second floor in room 226. If you have a room on this floor with a number less than that, you may want to change unless you want to be up all night. The stage where the band plays is just around the corner, and it is VERY LOUD. All in all, after landing to getting in our room was only one hour. Our room was an average hotel room, with a king size bed, dresser, and small table with 2 chairs. I will say that the bed and pillows were the best that my husband and I have encountered on our many tropical vacations. The bed was comfortable, and the pillows were actually firm, and not flat, which we like. The hotel overall was nice and clean. The beach itself was nice, but there are a lot of shells, which can hurt your feet, so I would recommend bringing aqua socks if your feet are tender. The water was pretty, but there wasn't really much room to swim because there was ALOT of seaweed in the water. Luckily when we were there, there were not tons of people there, so it was easier to find a place in the ocean to cool off. Many people lounged by the pool, but we go on vacation for the beach, not the pool! The vendors would ask every morning when we went out on the beach if I wanted my hair braided, a beach wrap, or bracelets/necklaces. I always just said a polite no thank you, and was left alone. As far as food, there was the buffett, beach grill, Pastafari, and Eden. The breakfast buffett was fair, nothing to write home about, but there was a lot of variety and they would make fresh omelets for you (my husband took advantage of this every day). They had a very good variety on the breakfast buffett. We ate at the beach grill for lunch, which always had hot dogs, hamburgers, conch fritters, fried fish, and french fries ready to go. The food there was good, and always hot, because they always had it on the grill. Their hot dogs were especially good. Beware of the birds, though! If you looked away, or sat your food down and left to get something else, the birds would take off with your food. Yes, even whole hot dogs! We witnessed it many times. They seemed to have a particular affinity for the nachos. : ) We ate lunch at the grill every day, so I don't know how the lunch buffet is. We ate at the dinner buffet our first two nights because we were not able to get reservations. We were told 3 different times for reservations-9-4, 9-5, and 9-6. Really it is whenever they decide to show up and leave. Our first day we called at 4 pm, and no one answered. We tried first thing Sunday am for Sunday pm, and they were booked. So, we ate buffet for dinner 2 nights. We thought it was fair, but there were other people going on about how good it was. I think it must be that some people really like buffett food, and others do not. We really don't, so this food here is comparable to any other buffett food we have had. We ate at Pastafari 2 nights, and we really liked it. We ate at Eden 2 nights as well, and we liked it as well. I wouldn't classify it as fine dining, but if you like Applebee's, Chili's, etc., I would imagine you would like these restaurants as well. I did get the chance to try escargot at Edens as an appetizer, and I liked it. The staff overall was very nice. The service at both restaurants was excellent. The evening entertainment was alright, but we went to Sandals in Montego Bay, Jamaica twice last year, and the entertainment was better there. Not that it was bad; it was alright, not horrible, but not great, either. We went to two comedy shows, one with Naughty, and the last one with Max. They were both pretty funny. We bought a t-shirt from Naughty, and he signed it . Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would probably come back. The beach at the Radisson, a few blocks down, was much nicer in terms of size and more seaweed free ocean. I would say that beware of when you book the vacation. We stayed Memorial Day week, and this seemed to be the time for Senior trips. So, there were a good amount of immature teenagers/early 20s there. There were also a lot of people around our age and older. We will avoid Memorial Day week and spring break time when we come back.

4 Thank lovingthesun3
NJ
Reviewed June 2, 2004

Here's a summary of our stay at Breezes May 28-June 1.

Flight to Nassau was via Fort Lauderdale on a prop plane. We were delayed taking off due to late arrival of the plane but they made the time up in the air and we arrived on time.

Upon exiting, we were immediately met by a Breezes rep who took us outside to the shuttle. Our driver, Michael, gave us a history and trivia lesson on the way to the hotel, which is only a ten minute drive. When we arrived, he took our luggage off the shuttle for us and we entered the beautifully tiled lobby.

We checked in easily and were given our room keys and the lock to the in room safe.

Our room was a partial ocean view, facing the apartment building next door and the ocean. The room was just average--reminded me of the motel we stay at when we are at the Jersey shore. The toilet gurgled and my husband had to continually adjust the insides so it would stop. The hotel had an air conditioning problem while we were there and was operating with only one air conditioner so the room was always cool but not cold.

The food was comparable to what we would find in a diner here in New Jersey. Buffets are OK for breakfast and lunch, nice variety. I thought the dinners were not very good. We ate at both restaurants, Pastafari and Garden of Eden, and both were just OK, nothing special in my opinion.

The beach was great. Always enough chairs and cabanas. My husband went waterskiing which was free. He also jetskied, he walked down the beack to the Nassau Hotel where there were more willing to do a deal and got half an hour for $30. By the way, the noise from the jetskis was a bit annoying at times. It was constant, up and down the beach.

We were there in what was supposed to be the start of their rainy season but we had three perfect days in terms of weather. We went to see the Atlantis, shopped downtown, and one day we had lunch at the "Fish Fry"--a street of restaurants about five minutes from the hotel which serve fresh fist and seafood. Price was high--$40 for lunch.

The crowd at the hotel seemed to be on average younger than we are (37 and 42). Alot of drinking going on since it's included.

Night activities were OK. Karaoke almost every night, a magic show one night, a comedian one night. But to be honest we went to bed early. Oh, the music was so loud that we did hear it in our room, especially on Friday night. So, if that bothers you, I'd definitely not book a room facing the pool because you'll be right in front of the lounge.

Overall, very average, but the weather was great and we did relax. We'd got back to the Bahamas but not to Breezes.

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank catira1
Reviewed June 2, 2004

My boyfriend and I were at the resort March 8-14 2004 and was very disappointed!! Here's why:

When we arrived we had to wait five hours for our room to prepared. After finally settling in, we had to promptly switch because when we woke their were two dead lizards in our room. It took an hour for someone to come remove them.

Second room, the toilet over flowed and the next room did too. Not only did our things get wet from the closet that sits directly in front of the bathroom, the hall outside our room began to leak water from the two rooms. Of course they took their sweet time coming to clean it. From a safety standpoint. it should have been addressed a lot sooner.

Then the food. The breakfast was decent but good luck because after that you are on your own.Seriously!

The activities were okay, my boyfriend spent most of the time on the basketball court. They had a variety of board games, if interested.

Oh I forget, we were miserable for the entire stay and by the way I forget to mention that on our third night, they asked a lot the guest if they were willing to give up their room in exchange for another vacation at a later date. The trick was that you had to be bused to another resort for the remainder and you would eat at Breezes. No thanks!!

Good Luck to anyone that decides to go. Traveler discrestion Advised!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Nassau hotels

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed May 23, 2004

My husband and I just returned from our stay 5/17-5/23 and I was very excited to come back and post my review. Overall, Breezes is GREAT. Lots do to (if you choose) from the pool, beach, trapeze, rock climbing wall, and other activities. There is plenty of Good food (I loved the fresh salad bar and there was quite a variety of dishes) and no lack of beverages (alcoholic or not). Great location- pool, beach/ walking distance to casino and a local straw hat market for those last minute souvenirs. We (ages 33 & 35) are pretty active and like to have a good time, our ONLY complaint was that there was a "college" type atmosphere with some guests. Okay someone actually brought a beer bong??? Perhaps it was timing, high school & college graduations etc... Oh yeah, the Buffalo Bills cheerleaders were there all week which fueled the "Girls gone wild attitude" with the rowdier more intoxicated guests. Despite that, we were pleased with the diverse age range of guests. 90% of the guests were there to have a good time, not to get crazy. I probably wouldn't go there on my honeymoon, because it's hard to get private/quiet time. We didn't have any complaints about the facilitilies, always clean. Entertainment was what one should expect at an all inclusive - local band & fun. The disco is a bit dark and plays mostly hip hop type of music, so if that's not your thing you might not care for it. Good people watching though. All the employees were extremely nice & in general Bahamian people are very friendly and warm. Must visit the Atlantis and the downtown area. Don't take the taxi, take the bus #10 for only $1. I would rebook a trip there in a heart beat, we'll always remember this vacation.

3 Thank sharettrip
Reviewed May 19, 2004

We are in our mid-to-late thirties and stayed at Breezes Bahamas in early 2001 and are still talking about it! We went with another couple and had a blast! We did as much as we could and still there was things we didnt get to do. The drinks and food availability and selection no matter what time was just great. It was so relaxing and stress free. The days and nites were both beautiful and so romantic .......our first child was born 9 months later! We almost named him Benjamin (like we- been jam'in ) Maybe we should of ........after years of no luck we finally were blessed. What a beautiful memory. We tell every one to go Breezes Bahamas.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Staten Island, NY
Reviewed May 17, 2004

Breezes was great! I am 24 my boyfriend is 23. We had the best times of our lives. Needless to say we drank,.. drank some more ...ate and ate some more. The food was very good, Pastafari could use some help from the "REAL ITALIANS", but considering it was in the Bahamas it was more then edible. Garden of Eden food was yummy too! Pool bar great nachos! The entertainment was great every night! We did Karoke,Scavenger hunt,lip singing, volleyball, trapeze, rock wall,..we were never bored. The club Hurricanes was ok..good hip hop. The room was your basic hotel room, nothing luxurious, but just to sleep who cares?One complaint is the hallway going to the rooms is a floor, not carpeted so everything echoes in the hall while you are trying to sleep as well as the DOORS slamming shut! But eventually you tune it out!The hotel and grounds were very clean and the staff was always working on something. The staff was funny and friendly. Its just one big happy place 'mon. The age group was mixed, I would say ages from 22-40 was the majority.I would defintely recomend Breezes. If you are looking to get yours moneys worth, and have a great time, go to Breezes! Be sure to have a drink for me :)

• Stayed May 2004
2 Thank Meghan12380
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!