“Great value for the money!I would def stay here again!”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great value for the money!I would def stay here again!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I went to this resort in a girls weekend.I loved the location, 10 min to the airport. The food was great! The staff were very friendly! And the grounds were well kept!
A few suggestions to fellow travellers, bring yourself some tea tree oil as for the sand fleas were hungry! Also if you like to snorkel bring your own they don't include that in the water sports. On the beach the guys can be a bit aggressive I was firm and was not to bothered by it all! Watch out for the seagulls they are aggressive! I don't blame them because the beach grill food is delicious!
The shows at night were fun, they had a toga party and a parade when we're were there and they were tons of fun!!!
The rooms don't have balconies but the ground floor rooms have a patio and hammock, if you get a room with an ocean view they even have a little hut which is nice because the sun is hot!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kristy_3
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hi Kristy,
Good to know that your girls weekend was a success.We are proud of the fact that we provide
a unique vacation for all groups.We truly appreciate the feedback.
Thank you!
Jackson Weech

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,627)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Brighton, Colorado
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My wife and I have recently returned from a 5 night stay at the Breezes resort. We renewed our wedding vows there (5th year anniversary). Kim was our Wedding Coordinator. Let me just say that she is as wonderful of an individual as one could ever meet! I also must say that our wedding vow renewal process was completely stress free and far exceeded our expectations, especially given the fact we elected the "free of charge" ceremony. The staff at Breezes was so accommodating and friendly which made the overall experience unforgettable. In fact, we can't wait to return and be reunited with our new "Bahamian" family members. They certainly embraced us and we'll always remember how great we were treated at Breezes. The people made all the difference! - R and M from the Mile High City

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RENATO N
Hi Renato.
Thank you f or sharing your "wonderful" vacation experience at Breezes.Kim really does
stand out as an exceptional team member.We are please that your renewal was flawless.
We certainly look forward to your return.
All the very best,
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed at Breezes on our Honeymoon, as it was one of the only all-inclusive resorts I found online, also most cost effective. I was a little leery seeing the negative reviews, but, i must say we didn't encounter any of the negatives. Check in was a breeze (no pun intended), possibly because we were the only 2 people and it was 2:30pm, but still. We booked ocean front, but, since it was our honeymoon, we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite room 632. It had an amazing view of the ocean. The staff were all friendly, Jason at the pool, Lisl in the dining room, Angela at the poolside bar, James at the Italian restaurant. Upon arriving at our room, I noticed a light was burned out in the bathroom, i called the front desk, someone was up within 15 min to replace the burned out bulb. If i had to complain about anything at the resort, it would be the cooking staff behind the buffet. We were not told the times for the meals had changed just that week. We got down there Sunday morning about 10:15, b/c we thought breakfast went until 10:30. The staff behind the buffet, one lady said she was out of eggs for an omelete, but didn't say they were closed. So, a little down the line, a big like over 6 ft tall prob 300 lb man was at the other griddle. I saw eggs in the pitcher ready for an omelete so i asked for one, and he rudely said they were closed. I said, i thought it was until 10:30? They told us times changed this week (6/15/14). However, that first morning, Sunday, was the only rude staff we encountered, and it was just the one big guy really, a woman was kind of snarky as well. Overall, the wait staff, outside staff, pool entertainment, bartenders, EVERYONE else was friendly. The front desk was extremely friendly to us. Majestic Tours was our transfer, i got down there Wed at 9 to set up the transfer b/c normally Majestic rep is in the hotel. They were not there, i came back a little after 10, finally tried again around noon, and they still weren't there. Front desk staff called said they couldn't even get through on the phone lines. Finally, they were able to call, they used the front desk phone, i set my transfer up and had no issues. I didn't get angry and the front desk staff were all very pleasant the whole time. My only complaint of the trip would be the rude staff behind the buffet, but, again, we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite to begin with, so, what good would it have done to complain? Can't upgrade anymore :) I could have though, not for something free, but, to let management be aware of the attitude of the one buffet cook. Maybe someone else complained, or the guy was off b/c I did not see him again until Thurs morning before we left, and I just didn't ask him for any help. Overall, I rate the property very highly ,and would go back any time. I'm sure the regular rooms are fine too. Like others have said, you get what you pay for, don't go expecting 5 star rooms and luxury. The staff is beyond 5 star though, and i hope the super hotel next door doesn't run them out of business. I heard from one of our drivers that the hotel opening next door wanted to buy Breezes out, Breezes said no, and they are trying to sue breezes to make them sell!!! I hope that doesn't happen, and I hope Breezes continues to keep the awesome staff they have. We stayed 6/14- 6/19. Thank you Breezes and the Bahamas for the hospitality. Elroy was our driver going home for Majestic Tours and he was amazing! Loved having him take us to the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Scott H
Hi Scott,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service.A Honeymoon is a truly special occasion.
We are happy that you had such a wonderful time at Breezes.We have shared your comment re
the buffet chef and do apologize.Your favorable comments on the team are appreciated and
will be circulated.We are confident that the building taking place next door will enhance our
entire destination.
We thank you for choosing Breezes.
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 24, 2014

So, where to start. I dont think I've ever given a poor review but I want to be as honest as possible. I arrived Friday early afternoon. At first glance things looked ok. We waited about 20 for the entire checkin processes. As we walked to the elevators we notice a strange smell which I think was some sort of insecticide spray. Not very pleasant. Once in the room it was clean at first look. We we hungry so decided to just drop our bags and go to the buffet to eat dinner.

The food inside the buffet was decent nothing to rave about. I briefly notice flies but didnt think anything of it at that time.

Later that night in the room I notice we had no towel and no pillow cases and the alarm/radio was broken. I called my friend who was in the second room we had and she also had no towels. We called the front desk and they apologized and shortly after someone came up with clean towels and pillow cases. We were told someone would come up shortly and bring a working radio.

We left to the disco. The music was good and the bartenders were very attentive. We returned to our room to find the end table pulled out cables all over the floor and still the broken radio on top. We once again called the front desk and after several back and forth conversation a manager finally came up to inspect the situation, we shared with him about the towels and pillowcase. He told us he would send an email I guess to his supervisor. We expressed that it would be nice to have some type of compensation being that we had 2 rooms and issues in both. We never heard from him or anyone else regarding that.

So now on to the rest of our vacation. The pool was nice but not that clean. The whole area was full of birds/seagulls who bathed and dropped their droppings into the pool. As if that was not annoying enough hundreds of flies everywhere. The grill food was good when you were able to eat it without flies or seagulls attacking you or the food.

The swim up bar was not really that great. The bartenders stayed on the top part of the bar. so no one was really stationed at the bottom part which was the swim up bar. You had to wave or wait for them to turn around to see you were waiting in the pool for drinks. The workers were really nice.

I must say that the price was lower than other resorts. So I guess you get what you pay for. I had read other reviews that were not so great but decided to give Breezes a try. I wont return to this resort and I wont recommend it. Bye the way the smell of insecticide spray was everywhere during the entire time i was in the resort. Hope this helps anyone on the fence of going to this resort.

6 Thank cynthiao715
Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I just returned from a 4 night stay at Breezes and I have mixed feelings. This is definitely a low end hotel (which we figured when we booked it based on price- but some things were just plain bad) I would not consider it to be super all inclusive as they advertise, its very very limited. I will start with what I liked about the hotel. First would be the location. cable beach is great, we were able to see sting rays, sea turtles, star fish , ect by swimming right in front of the hotel. Also, the beach vendors werent pushy and they were very polite and friendly. There is also a bus right out front that will take you into town which is very nice, its only 1.25 each way. ( i do advise you leave town by 6 pm, everything shut down and it got a little sketchy) 99% of the staff at the Breezes was also very friendly and helpful . The food at this resort was good for an all inclusive, we tried two of the sit down restaurants and the buffet everything was fine. This leads me to some of the negative points. It stated to call for dinner reservations between 9-11 each morning. I called at 8:55 and was told only one restaurant had availability? ODD and rather annoying. Next up, Breakfast buffet stops at 10 am and lunch doesnt start until 12:30. we missed breakfast one morning and there was nowhere to get food or coffee, thats a rather large window to not have food. And i feel ending breakfast at 10 is a bit early. They wouldnt even go get us a bagel at 10:20 am. disappointing to say the least. Next up... the seagulls. Some people commented on this, but let me tell you its a MAJOR issue, they are very aggressive and it makes it almost impossible to eat out by the pool or outside the buffet area. They will literally fly into your plate and eat your food. its awful. Theres also a major fly issue which becomes very annoying! Those two things NEED to be addressed as its just not sanitary. we stayed clear of frozen drinks bc flies were all over the mixers, gross! My final major issue here was towels in the room, they dont bring them! but they take them away, we spoke to several others and they had the same issue. when we asked housekeeping for towels bc we were trying to get ready for dinner, we had to wait over an hour. major inconvenience. A few other little things to be aware of, the beds are very hard and not so comfy, there is construction going on next door and it goes all day every day. Didnt bother us too much but I could see how it could be a nuisance. Also, there werent mini fridges so every time you wanted a cold drink you had to go to the lobby or bar. We were on floor six and this got tiring as well. They do offer entertainment throughout the day and night, some of its a bit cheesy but you can find yourself getting into it and having fun. overall this was an ok hotel to stay at but the seagulls/flies and the lack of being able to find food when you are hungry would make me not visit again. I have been to a lot of all inclusives and this rates at the bottom for ammenities. If you are just looking for a cheap getaway and you arent picky then this is perfect. Nassau is great and i would def visit the island again in the future, id just stay elsewhere...

2 Thank amber h
Dear Guest,
We are sorry to note that you vacation was met with mixed feelings.Our Dining options include a
beach grill which opens at 11:30am as opposed to 12:30pm.We can also advise that coffee,
water and soft drinks are available twenty fours at either of the two beverage stations in our
Banana Boat restaurant.We are consistently working at the issue relative to the naturally
occurring seagulls.We do not advertise or promote as having refrigerators in all of our
guest rooms.Presently this amenity is available in our Deluxe Beachfront rooms.The works
taking place at the west of our resort in no way impacts the our guests experience.
The issue of towel replenishment is isolated and we apologize for this opportunity.
Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to your return.
Regards,

and
Orland, CA
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I decided to go to the Bahamas with two long time friends of ours and we chose to stay at Breezes. We found our stay to be very relaxing and the staff to be incredibly helpful. The staff assisted us with booking extra excursions including a dolphin swim and snorkeling as well as arranging transportation to Paradise Island and downtown for shopping and some other fun. During our stay, we decided to renew our vows, and found that because of our 7 day stay, the vow renewal was completely included. The service included a pastor, photographer, planner, decorations, sand for a sand ceremony, cake, champagne, and some other little treats. We were treated very well and everyone was friendly and courteous. One day we rented a cabana (only $20 for the day) and were able to lay out and relax in the beautiful weather while a member of the staff brought us all the food and drinks we could ask for. The rooms were a little dated, but we really didn't spend a lot of time in the room. In all, if you are looking for a lavish luxury vacation, I am sure there are other hotels that are more luxurious, but not for this price point. If you are looking for a relaxing time with friendly, helpful staff, while you kick back and enjoy some drinks and meet others, this was a great destination.

Room Tip: If you choose an ocean view room on the bottom floor, there are hammocks just outside the patio door...