“If my client books my next stay here, I will quit his project”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sarasota, Florida
“If my client books my next stay here, I will quit his project”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I can forgive the renovation construction. That is just part of the cycle of hotel operation. I can also appreciate that this is a budget all-inclusive resort, not at all geared towards someone in Nassau for business as I was. What I cannot understand is why anyone would choose this hotel or how any positive reviews exist.

When I checked into my room it had not been cleaned. I called downstairs and the receptionist told me someone would come up with a key for different room. Twenty minutes later I went back downstairs with my luggage and then waited another twenty minutes while the staff decided where to put me.

The resort is all-inclusive, which basically means you can have as much food and drink as you want as long as you don't want anything good. Perhaps a good drink would have helped me sleep on the cheap bed, through the "entertainment" blasting outside my window each night. Perhaps for those after quantity and not quality, this is the perfect property. I read somewhere about the property that they stocked local and premium spirits. There was not a single brand of liquor I recognized from the States, or anywhere else I have traveled.

Everything about this property is dated, and not in a quaint rustic Bahamian sort of way. It is all just generic and reeking of mildew. Judging by recent updates and the ongoing renovations, tangible improvements are not on the horizon. (They are replacing an ivory tile from the 80's with glossy faux marble, circa the 1990s.)

The food in the buffet restaurant reminded me of my university's dining hall. There are lots of choices of overcooked entrees, mushy pastas, soggy vegetables, and a most uninspired salad selection. For some reason smoked salmon is plentiful at breakfast and dinner. The only highlight was the jerked chicken. In four nights I tried four different preparations of fish, which were just different seasonings piled on top of the same fish, which may or may not have been Mahi.

Each morning I ordered coffee and the server offered cream, but brought milk. The difference between cream and milk is lost on this hotel. So too are varieties of wine. At dinner they offered red or white. I asked what kind of red wine there was, and whether there might be a malbec. The response was, "red or white?" That interaction generally describes the service. There is a huge staff here, and all are either cordial or disinterested, but never enthusiastic.

As far as business travel needs go, wifi is spotty and the gym is outdated. There are no dining or entertainment options in close proximity to the property. There rooms have poor sound isolation, so pool area and hallway noises are pervasive.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room facing away from the pool for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank RyanSRQ
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Guest,
Please accept our apologies for not having met your expectations.Whereas the profile of our resort was not consistent with your experiences, we have a large and extended visitor base
that is consistently satisfied with our product and services.
We thank you for taking the time to share as your comments are very important and allows for
a focus on opportunities that may exist.
Again thank you for the feedback.
Regards,
Jackson Weech

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,581)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Decor is fairly cheesy throughout the resort but bohemian style. I would like to see some updates and an increase in interesting activities but otherwise love it here!! Restaurants are difficult to get into but the outdoor grill and indoor buffet are more than sufficent! Beware the conch fritters are addictive and fried lol! Breakfast is surprisingly extremely accommodating! Have stayed here every time we've went to the Bahamas cause it's 16 and up! No kids splashing you at the pool. Great vacation!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoAnnT1
Dear Guest,
It is always pleasing to know that our guests have had a great vacation at Breezes.The entire team at Breezes is consistently focused on ensuring the best vacation experience.
We truly hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again.
Mississippi
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Visited April 23-28, 2014. My husband and I had a fantastic time. The resort was having some renovations, however, it did not spoil our good time. We had an ocean front room. The hotel room was outdated and hopefully Breezes will update them. Funky D and his band performed outside by the pool each night due to renovating and gave a fun time performance. It seems that everyone really enjoyed the outside best. The Garden of Eden and Martinos had great food and great service. No problem getting reservations. The newly renovated buffet was very nice and the breakfast choices were plenty and good. The piano bar had a very moldy smell and that needs to be taken care of. We got a great deal on our vacation and hope that Breezes will continue to make renovations for a better quality resort.

1 Thank Mississippiworkalot
Dear Guest ,
Thank you for staying at Breezes Bahamas.We are pleased that you enjoyed the varied facilities,food and entertainment at our resort.The upgrading of our hotel is an on going
endeavor as we are committed to a modern and functional facility.
Thanks for the posting!
Castries, St. Lucia
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I would have liked to be informed that renovations were taking place before I checked in! It was noisy in the lobby and dusty and gritty in some other areas, including the buffet dining room. There is a lot of potential in this beachfront property, but it is somewhat old fashioned. My room smelt a bit musty and I suspect that the central A/C unit needs updating as well. There is a balcony rail but no balcony so you actually stand in the room itself to look out over the rail. The beach view is pleasant but not fantastic. Only the hand shower worked and the overhead shower did not. Linens smelled clean and were of average quality.

Food is okay and buffet choices are varied enough. Dishes are properly labelled, which is important for people with allergies. Level of service is inconsistent. Some staff are very friendly and helpful and others a bit indifferent. There is need for training of waiters/waitresses. When we went to the buffet, we left our wine on the table and napkins unfolded to indicate we would be returning; but we came back to find that the waiter had taken away our napkins and cutlery. Very strange.

The most annoying thing was the hordes of sea gulls which make it very unpleasant to try to eat outdoors because they are so aggressive and you cannot take your eyes off your food a single instant but I suppose this is not the fault of the hotel.

I would recommend some major retraining of staff and definitely an overall upgrade of rooms and furniture.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from the pool which is where the entertainment takes place
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Dequanna
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Went here for our 7 yr Anniversary. Arrived to find that the lobby area was being renovated, which caused a tremendous amount of noise all the time; even during meal services. It also caused issues getting to and from some rooms. Upon arrival we were almost out of toilet paper and were missing towels. Took 3 calls to get some delivered. The shower leaked and the front desk sent someone to fix it but it didn't work. The sink faucet smelled like sewage. We paid for an ocean front room with balcony, but u could only stand on the balcony. The king Bed was like 50 years old. The chair in the room had mold & a bad stain on it. The entertainment was out by the pool and they played until midnight every night, so there was no relaxing in our dank, outdated room because of the noise. Some staff were friendly, others were indifferent. We had plans one day for a tour and had to go at 12:30. We tried to get lunch at pool bar grill which according to book in our room opened at 11:00am. At 11:30, they were not open, at 11:45 they said they needed plates, at 12:05 we had to leave to catch our tour. We never did get lunch! This was our Anniversary Trip and although the local people were friendly and the water was beautiful, this hotel really misses the mark. We will never go back there. No one ever apologized for the noise or the leaking shower. The front desk told us the renovations were good for the hotel. Well what about the guests that have to suffer through them and who paid good $ to be there? We did have a pleasant experience at The Garden of Eden for dinner one night. What a shame to spend the money we spent and come away so disappointed!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tweetsweet
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,
Please accept our apologies for any inconviences during your visit.Our resort has in place
a satisfaction guarantee.Such guarantee affords any guests that are displeased options
in respect of satisfaction.It is unfortunate that we were never apprised of any challenges
on your part.We are effecting certain upgrades and apologize for any opportunities this may
have presented.We are cognizant of the fact that from time to timemay have concerns.We
are mandated to address any and all matters and ensure satisfactory resolution.
Again,We are sorry that you are having to write under these circumstances.That's definitely
not what we wish for our customers to experience.We regret the challenges you experinced
and hope you will give us another chance in the future.
We appreciate your business and looking forward to hosting you again.
Regards,
Jackson Weech

Travelers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Caledonia, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I loved the all inclusive delicious food and drinks which is served from 7:30 am-12 or 1 am. If you miss the buffet they have a snack grill & you can have hot dogs, burger and fries or a salad which is also delicious. They have a private beyond beautiful white sand beach & crystal clear blue ocean with chairs that is in the back of the hotel. My complaints: the rooms are average and the beds are literally junk. you can feel the springs. One bed on the bottom of the bed had a hole in it. Don't get the ocean view room, You won't really see the ocean. The only beer they serve is Sands which you can get used to. The staff is friendly the property is beautiful, very safe and clean. They do offer rock climbing & a trapeze swing. I didn't see anyone do it though. The entertainment is a hit or miss. If there's no one out there they won't have the theme advertised entertainment. Out of 6 days they had the entertainment that was advertised and my husband loved it. I missed it because they would say there having a theme entertainment & you would get there & not have it. But they did have a really good singer who was very funny & sang the lastest hits & was interactive w the crowd.

Room Tip: don't get the ocean view room
1 Thank Tanya M
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This was our first visit to this resort, but we'll definitely come back. We've visited several all inclusive resorts over the past few years, and this is a good one.

We came in late April when the airports weren't quite as crowded and have a great time. The staff was very friendly, the food was good, the drinks were plentiful, and the reservation only restaurant we visited was very nice.

If you're interested in snokeling, you will need to bring your own equipment, as the resort doesn't have it for you, unless you want to buy it in the gift shop.

The Italian restaurant was very nice...multiple courses, great service, large portions...I would definitely recommend. We didn't have time to sample the Freanch restaurant, but will on our next visit.

All in all, this resort is a great value for the price. While we were there, they were doing some remodeling and updating, and some would complain about that, but we saw it as a sign that they're aware of what needs fixed and are working on it.

If you're wanting the all inclusive experience without a huge pricetag, this is the place.

One more thing.... when you get ready to leave, make sure you get to the airport early...you'll have to go through US Customs at the airport in Nassau. This is great, though, because you don't have to do the same when you get back into the states!

3 Thank bgooding
Dear Guest,
We are happy to know that your first visit was wonderful.Thanks for understanding in terms
of the short term project we are completing.We are truly excited about this work and know that
our guests will appreciate same.
Thank you for visiting!
Jackson Weech
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!