“Great Value”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Great Value”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was our first time staying at the Breezes resort. The building and room interiors are a little dated, but the rooms are clean and the food is great. Overall it is quite comfortable for a 3 star hotel.

You can walk to the nearby hotels, and casinos. There is also a bus stop in front of the hotel that will take you to downtown Nassau. If you want to go somewhere to relax and not spend a fortune in the Bahamas, this is a great choice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,595)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Providenciales
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I am a native of Bahamas, but being my first time staying at a hotel while visiting my homeland I expected much more.

Directly to the point: The service staff were all friendly. The rooms were 'ok'.. we got an upgrade because the first room was a dirty and dusty mess. The food was horrible. Breakfast, lunch and DINNER was just horrible. As an all inclusive resort, you would expect good food.

The bar was not stocked properly. Everything I ordered was not available. I got so frustrated that I ordered a coke soda, machine soda of course.

The hotel is OLD, musty and needs to bulldozed down. I believe the new project 'Baha Mar' is overpowering Breezes tremendously.

To conclude... Stay over Paradise Island for much better hotels. Breezes is not worth a penny!

Room Tip: Find a better hotel over Paradise Island!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TheaM523
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Hi Thea,
We are very sorry to know that your visit to Breezes did not meet with expectations.
Our resort proudly caters to a large percentage of Bahamians.Indeed there are
several months of the year when locals form the majority of our business.Our
Bahamian visitors have always commented on the superior value they receive at Breezes
and the true Bahamian feel of our hotel.Our hotel has been subjected to numerous upgrades
and refurbishments,this is an on-going endeavor.Our bars are consistently stocked with top shelf
liquor,sodas and mixed drinks.The food available at any of our three restaurants or beach
grill receives exceptional reviews from our visitors.We are sorry that your
experience with our food and beverage was not positive.
You may wish to contact me directly so that we may further discuss your observations.
Thank you for the feedback.
General Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Nassau hotels

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was the third time I was at Breezes resort and as always we had a wonderful time and the shows were great. The food was wonderful...We celebrated my Birthday on Valentines Day , the staff had a cake made for me with champain...It was great....Then we celebrated our 40th Anniv.. also and they treated us like king and queen of the day...The Staff is the BEST...love the view and the pool...I won a return trip for this year for a weekend and I can't wait to come back...You meet people from all over the world in this resort...All I can say is Breezes makes you a part of there family as soon as you walk in the resort... Thanks a million until we meet again this year...Love you all !!!!

Room Tip: If you need a handicap room they have very nice ones for you next to everything....
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Connie C
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hi Connie,
Your review is very much appreciated.Our focus is to make sure all of our guests feel the
way that you do..It is Paradise.We cannot thank you enough for your continued patronage.
You are apart of our resort family.We are privileged that you continue to make Breezes
your away from home.
Until next year!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2014

A couple friends and I went to Nassau just to relax and party. The best part about this hotel was the staff especially Tiffany, she was amazing. Tiffany was super energetic and always helped us with anything we needed. The beach was perfect and having a grill next to the beach made it even better. There were bars everywhere so refilling your cup never became a problem. The food was mediocre, nothing special. Overall the experience was really great, i would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Kam,
Glad that you and your friends had a great time at Breezes.Our guests consistently rave
about the team here and their exceptional friendly dispositions.It is truly an aspect of our
work of which we are proud.We certainly anticipate having the opportunity to host your
group again in the very near future.
Thank you vey much!
Bahamas
Reviewed February 20, 2014

From the moment I arrive at Breezes it was breath taken , I was greeted with a welcome drink. The staff at the front was fabolous in checking me in . I then went off to the buffet area which is now called the "banana boat" , the food is to die for , a big selection you could never go hungry , food is 24/7 . The beach has the perfect location also you can try the Bahamian conch fritters at the beach grill ask for "BIG SEXY" he would hook you up . You must try the "Dirty Banana" at the bar . The evening show is awesome , thanks to"jennipher" for hosting the oldies show , she did an excellent job .Overall my vacation was wonderful and will return again soon , and thanks to the Breezes family for making sure my vacation went the way it did !!!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Ballislifeaj
Hi Bllislifeaj,
Thanks for letting us know about the great visit you had at our resort.Our team
seeks to ensure that we deliver an exceptional vacation experience.We are so
pleased that you had an enjoyable stay.
See you soon!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed February 20, 2014

From we arrived at Breezes, the front desk staff greeted us with excellent service. The food was very great. The staff is very welcoming. The beach is great and I just love it here, we'll return next year special thanks to Jennifer for doing a great job entertaining us.

Room Tip: Ask for 224, its has a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 563Blairb
Hi 563Blairb,
Thanks for the review.Good to know that you are having a great time at
Breezes.We hope that it is the first of many visits to our property.
Thanks!
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Breezes in Nassau from 9-16 February 2014. We had picked Breezes over many of the other resorts in Nassau based on the fact they were rated #2 of the 12 resorts in Nassau by travellers like you and I, #1 being Atlantis. Well based on our stay this #2 rating is not warranted, it really should be #1! From the time we got there the staff were amazing and friendly in every single interaction we had with them. They always had a smile and regularly asked to make sure everything was good and that you were having a great time. I found the staff in the buffet, bars, restaurants were always doing an amazing job especially with the number of people they had at the resort. Kept them busy for sure. However every staff member in the hotel were also always eager to greet you with a friendly smile and hello. They all seemed to be genuinely happy to have you there, and not just putting it on like some places would.

The food was way above what we expected for an all inclusive. The buffet always had an amazing selection. From fresh fruit, made to order omelettes, waffle station at breakfast, to a great selection at lunch and dinner. My girlfriend can be a pretty picky eater and there was always something to fill her plate and keep her happy. Both of the a la carte restaurants had good food as well. We ate at the Italian place once, and the Garden of Eden twice including Valentines day. They had a special menu on Valentines which was shorter but had great features. Both times we ate at Garden of Eden we had Arthur, or "King Arthur" as our waiter and he was awesome. It might not be possible to request a certain server but if you can, try to get into his section.

On Valentines day we also took advantage of their on site photographers and did a photo shoot. Neither of us enjoys taking pictures or feel like we're terrible photogenic but "Ingrid" did an amazing job of that not showing through in the photos. She took some amazing shots that we'll look back at for a long time to come.

I also took advantage of the poolside Spa services and had a massage by a fellow named Mancion. I hope that's the correct spelling. He was top notch and very good at massage. If you have any kind of nagging aches or pains, or bound up knots in your muscles I would definitely suggest him.

The nightly entertainment was awesome every night. From the Cabaret shows, to Funky D and the Summer Breeze band there was always something to keep you entertained in the evening. Funky D is a real crowd pleaser and had us both on the dance floor tearing it up. The mini Junkanoo celebration one night gave a little glimpse of the biggest annual celebration in the Bahamas. It was amazing and right away my girlfriend said she wants to come back when that celebration is on full swing.

I gave the sleep quality and rooms only 4 stars simply because the bed wasn't mine. Maybe I'm a little spoiled at home with my bed. The bathrooms were all re-done recently it seems and are quite nice, however the shower door leaked slightly. Nothing a bath mat by the door couldn't handle.

If you want a real vacation at a real place with real everyday people than Breezes is the place to go. If you want a snooty overpriced vacation with staff that are just punching a time card, just so you can tell everyone around the water cooler at work how much extra you payed for your holiday than don't go to Breezes. If you want to have a great time with great staff, and find somewhere that you'll go back to again and again than this is your place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jason J
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hi Jason,
Thank you for the posting.We are thrilled to know that you had such an amazing time at
Breezes Bahamas.It is pleasing to note that our staff was able to take care of all of
your requests.We trust that we will have the honor of host you again shortly.
Continue to make it Breezes!
Jackson Weech
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#5 of 14 in Paradise Island
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Melia Nassau Beach - All Inclusive
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!