“2nd times a charm”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went back to breezes back in November. I had to wait to write this review, as trip advisor won't let you post a review for the same place within 3 months.

I usually don't go back to the same place twice, but with Breezes Bahamas I will always go back.

As expected we had a fabulous week in the sun and surrounded by great company. What brings us back to breezes is the staff, they really go out of their way to make sure we're having fun. The entertainment staff is really the shining department they have. Marvin, Emjay, Joey, Jerry, Tiff and Durelle are extremely hard workers. Their days are very long from poolside activities to the nightly entertainment. It never ever showed in their enthusiasm, hype, and professionalism that they were affected.

Breeze certainly do have great staff at this resort they are dedicated to providing great service. The people that need most recognition from a variety of departments; Marvin, Emjay, Joey, Tiff, Durelle, Marko, Kyle, the ladies at the front desk, Nelson, many many more to name. I've been able to speak with Jestan on numerous occasions and have nothing but positive things to say regarding his role at breezes.

I am currently a travel agent and have had the chance to visit and/or vacation within numerous destinations. When planning my own or others vacations Breezes Bahamas is certainly at the top of my list for recommendations, as it should be for yours also :)

Scrap all the negative reviews, the rooms are a little tired looking but really how long are you in your room for? You're in Bahamas go out and enjoy!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank S1985V
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear S1985V,
Thanks for deciding to continue to return to Breezes Bahamas ! The Entertainment team
is truly special and continues to make such a positive impact.We will continue to focus on
providing the best customer service in a modern and continually improving facility.
See you soon!

There are newer reviews for Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas

Reviewed February 11, 2014

second time at the breezes in nassau. good people, good food. nice clean rooms. nice beach. close to everything. decent price. occassional musty smell in rooms, but i never saw any mold anywhere. humidity stays around 80% so its pretty hard to avoid. we were there for 10 days- last wk of jan and 1st wk of feb- 80% every day and no rain. sea was calm the whole time. i liked my first trip there, my second trip was great. i will go back. also i am not a big drinker and every one is drinking but i never saw a single person plastered. i dont want to have to put up with that kind of stuff so i was impressed.

Room Tip: try NOT to get a room on the pool side. those rooms are noisier
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank monique w
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Hi Monique W,
We are delighted to know that your return trip to Breezes was great.Your feedback is
appreciated and we are grateful that you took the time to post.
We eagerly anticipate hosting you for a 3rd time.Do stay warm in cold Canada!
All the Best.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Super Clubs Breezes is not a large resort, however, has all the amenities a large one has. While it's not a new resort, it is very well laid out and kept. Each time we go we are pleasantly surprised by the changes since our last visit. There are 3 pools, including a swim-up bar and a hot tub. Just off the swimming pool is the lunch hut, as my wife and I call it. Great place for hamburgers or hot dogs and fries right from the grill. If that's not enough, how about conch fritters or fish or delicious chicken. The entrance is fabulous. Walk straight through and you will see that you're on the second floor of the resort, ending in a balcony that oversees the pools and the ocean. Breath-taking! Looking for something to do in the evening, there's the customary entertainment, with Funky Dee as the nightly performer, bringing the house down. If that's not enough, there are pool tables, all sorts of card games and such, and table-tennis tables. The main bar is well situated, just off the lobby and near the entertainment and game areas. You never have to go far to get to anything you may fancy. The main dining area is huge and always equipped with plenty of good food and choices galore. I can honestly say that we never needed to go the Italian or French Restaurants. However, you should visit them anyway. The good food there is only outdone by the service. Now, if you want to venture outside the resort, just take Bus #10 downtown for just $1.25 each way. Downtown has fabulous shopping from all the usual name brand stores. If you're home sick, won't happen, there's McDonald's and KFC. Oh Yes, the cruise ships dock there, so you will get a chance to see these amazing moving cities. If that's not enough, you can even walk, or take a short cab or bus ride to Paradise Island. What more can you ask for. Let me just say, while we have been to many resorts, all over the Caribbean, this one is our favorite. We go there once a year. Finally, what makes any resort is the people. And they are extremely friendly there. See for yourself and try it, at least once! We're sure you'll agree with us.

Room Tip: Always go for the ocean view rooms. The view is breathtaking. If not, it's OK as you won't b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nabil S

Dear Nabil S,
Your comprehensive review of our facility is very much appreciated.We are thankful that you
continue to make Breezes Bahamas your resort of choice.Please be assured of our commitment
to the continued improvement of our property and development of team-members.
Thank you for taking the opportunity to share.
Regards,

to

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were there last April and had such a great time the staff and food were excellent. We had so much fun we are returning with a group of 12 of us at the end of this month. it is so easy to travel around the bus stops right out front of the hotel and brings you into town. You must do the power boat adventure while there it was a great day.

Room Tip: We switched rooms after the first day we were on the construction side and the front staff were grea...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charie V

Dear Charlie V,
Good to know that you will be back at the end of the month.It is always pleasing to know that
guests have opted to return to our resort.
We truly look forward to hosting your group again.
Regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very amazing. A special thanks to Marvin who took time on his off hrs. To show us around Nassau. A special thanks to tiffany rico and justin marvin for just giving us the best vacation. You guys are Truely amazing at what Yuri out do also caring always smiling and entertaining us. The resort is so relaxing. Everyone you run into a employee they always say hi how's everything going. I can honestly say we never got there at other vacation spots. Security remembered us from previous stay how amazing with all the guest they get. We will be back. Funky d band is awesome.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey G
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Tracy G,
Your feedback on our staff services is very much appreciated.Our team without exception are a
continual source of pride.It is very pleasing to know that the team so positively impacted your
visit.The comments will be shared with Tiffany,Rico and Marvin.
Thank you for taking the time to advise us.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our waiter Arthur was wonderful at the Eden restaurant and Marvin was great entertainment and got everyone involved even got us to play some volleyball one day. He really got to know us. Our trip was very fun

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Breezes offers comfortable accommodations on beautiful Cable Beach. The location is only minutes from Downtown Nassau; yet, affords visitors an escape from the commercialism of other popular resorts.

The beach was nice, clean and alive with nature. Within two days, I saw 3 stingrays gracefully gliding through the water which to me was a fascinating reminder of the fact that I was- somewhat- off the beaten path. Beach sports are conveniently located for both participants and those of us who would much prefer peace and tranquility under the sun. The pool in total covers a large expanse of the property however it is partitioned in such a way that it seems like it would be crowded during peak travel. The hot tub feels a bit warm during the day (after all it is hot) but perfect after dark- I only wish it were larger. There are plenty of lounging chairs around the pool and on the beach but I was surprised that often towels had run out by the afternoon.

The food is excellent. The buffet offers a large variety of dishes that are inspired by Caribbean, Mexican, Asian, Indian, American and other cuisines. I found the onsite restaurants to be dark and uninviting. At each meal there was a large selection of delicious fresh fruit and salads with a wide array of fixings. If you are looking for frilly food (as I was eventually) it is best you search outside of the resort.

The rooms were basic; yet, offered all of the necessities- after all you are really there for the beach. The public space offers lots of seating and areas to catch a breeze- although I found some of the décor to be cheesy but again it is all about the beach.

As for the bar, only local brands of alcohol are offered. I am faithful to my brand of vodka and had to take a trip Downtown for spirits. If you are not as particular about brands etc then you should be fine. The tropical drinks are tasty but much too sweet for my taste. If you are particular about your champagne I suggest that you bring your own, they only offer a very sweet Spumante. There were a number of people at the resort who had a thermos or other large beverage containers for bartenders to fill with their favorite drinks- I had never seen that done before.

The disco is like a dungeon, dark and uninviting. The live band in the lobby area is fun and amusing. The lead singer is an excellent entertainer. However, after 2 nights I knew their routine. Oh speaking of entertainment, the resort staff facilitates activities by the pool like Bingo and hula hoop contests. The facilitation of these activities over the loudspeaker is extremely annoying and reminds me of visits to my great-grandmother in the nursing home- thank goodness that I had my iPod on hand. They need to stop that, very few people participate and at least one of the female facilitators has an inappropriate sense of humor.

The guests are casual and friendly. I found most of them to be from Europe and Canada. While I adore children I was happy to find that there were only mature adults at the resort. I don't know if that is policy or it was a matter of the season.

The best thing about Breezes- hands down- is the staff. They are engaging, welcoming and genuine. The bartenders are patient, friendly and accommodating. The entertainment staff is charming and spirited while the wait staff is attentive and gracious. From the moment I checked-in at Breezes I felt very much at home. I wish that I could individually name each of the people who made my stay fun and comfortable. The ladies at the front desk are beautiful and friendly. The manager who looks like President Obama- you can't miss him- is very professional and attentive. Shannon and Kyshawn with the wait staff are absolutely outstanding. Jarvis is a cafe' manager with a hilarious sense of humor who takes great pride in his work. On my birthday, he and Shannon arranged for a cake to be brought to my table by a young man who sang Happy Birthday to me with a voice like a Bahamian Luther Vandross! Oh and by the way everyone wished me happy birthday and asked about my birthday and my stay for the entire duration of my getaway. Mary-Ann at the pool bar goes the extra mile- as do all the ladies there. It is certainly an added feature that the male members of the entertainment staff were all charming, witty and handsome (don't miss toga night) most memorable of them all is Durrelle Williams who glides among the guests with the charm of an ambassador and the eloquence of a prince.

Finally, Superbowl Sunday occurred during my visit and Breezes made a big-to-do about the otherwise boring game this year. I had intended to go check out 'fish fry' with the locals but decided to stay instead at the resort and party with my Breezes family.

I love Atlantis but it reminds me of Las Vegas. Breezes offers you a comfortable and casual island experience and getaway.

Room Tip: The higher rooms offer ocean views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sa002014
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Sa002014,
We are delighted that you had such a pleasant visit at Breezes Bahamas.Our team members
are without exception our most valuable resource.We are pleased that they connected so
positively with you during your stay.
Thank you for the invaluable feedback and taking the time to share.
Best Regards,
Jackson Weech.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#2 of 37 in Nassau
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!