“Vacation”

Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Nassau
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very amazing. A special thanks to Marvin who took time on his off hrs. To show us around Nassau. A special thanks to tiffany rico and justin marvin for just giving us the best vacation. You guys are Truely amazing at what Yuri out do also caring always smiling and entertaining us. The resort is so relaxing. Everyone you run into a employee they always say hi how's everything going. I can honestly say we never got there at other vacation spots. Security remembered us from previous stay how amazing with all the guest they get. We will be back. Funky d band is awesome.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey G
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Tracy G,
Your feedback on our staff services is very much appreciated.Our team without exception are a
continual source of pride.It is very pleasing to know that the team so positively impacted your
visit.The comments will be shared with Tiffany,Rico and Marvin.
Thank you for taking the time to advise us.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our waiter Arthur was wonderful at the Eden restaurant and Marvin was great entertainment and got everyone involved even got us to play some volleyball one day. He really got to know us. Our trip was very fun

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Breezes offers comfortable accommodations on beautiful Cable Beach. The location is only minutes from Downtown Nassau; yet, affords visitors an escape from the commercialism of other popular resorts.

The beach was nice, clean and alive with nature. Within two days, I saw 3 stingrays gracefully gliding through the water which to me was a fascinating reminder of the fact that I was- somewhat- off the beaten path. Beach sports are conveniently located for both participants and those of us who would much prefer peace and tranquility under the sun. The pool in total covers a large expanse of the property however it is partitioned in such a way that it seems like it would be crowded during peak travel. The hot tub feels a bit warm during the day (after all it is hot) but perfect after dark- I only wish it were larger. There are plenty of lounging chairs around the pool and on the beach but I was surprised that often towels had run out by the afternoon.

The food is excellent. The buffet offers a large variety of dishes that are inspired by Caribbean, Mexican, Asian, Indian, American and other cuisines. I found the onsite restaurants to be dark and uninviting. At each meal there was a large selection of delicious fresh fruit and salads with a wide array of fixings. If you are looking for frilly food (as I was eventually) it is best you search outside of the resort.

The rooms were basic; yet, offered all of the necessities- after all you are really there for the beach. The public space offers lots of seating and areas to catch a breeze- although I found some of the décor to be cheesy but again it is all about the beach.

As for the bar, only local brands of alcohol are offered. I am faithful to my brand of vodka and had to take a trip Downtown for spirits. If you are not as particular about brands etc then you should be fine. The tropical drinks are tasty but much too sweet for my taste. If you are particular about your champagne I suggest that you bring your own, they only offer a very sweet Spumante. There were a number of people at the resort who had a thermos or other large beverage containers for bartenders to fill with their favorite drinks- I had never seen that done before.

The disco is like a dungeon, dark and uninviting. The live band in the lobby area is fun and amusing. The lead singer is an excellent entertainer. However, after 2 nights I knew their routine. Oh speaking of entertainment, the resort staff facilitates activities by the pool like Bingo and hula hoop contests. The facilitation of these activities over the loudspeaker is extremely annoying and reminds me of visits to my great-grandmother in the nursing home- thank goodness that I had my iPod on hand. They need to stop that, very few people participate and at least one of the female facilitators has an inappropriate sense of humor.

The guests are casual and friendly. I found most of them to be from Europe and Canada. While I adore children I was happy to find that there were only mature adults at the resort. I don't know if that is policy or it was a matter of the season.

The best thing about Breezes- hands down- is the staff. They are engaging, welcoming and genuine. The bartenders are patient, friendly and accommodating. The entertainment staff is charming and spirited while the wait staff is attentive and gracious. From the moment I checked-in at Breezes I felt very much at home. I wish that I could individually name each of the people who made my stay fun and comfortable. The ladies at the front desk are beautiful and friendly. The manager who looks like President Obama- you can't miss him- is very professional and attentive. Shannon and Kyshawn with the wait staff are absolutely outstanding. Jarvis is a cafe' manager with a hilarious sense of humor who takes great pride in his work. On my birthday, he and Shannon arranged for a cake to be brought to my table by a young man who sang Happy Birthday to me with a voice like a Bahamian Luther Vandross! Oh and by the way everyone wished me happy birthday and asked about my birthday and my stay for the entire duration of my getaway. Mary-Ann at the pool bar goes the extra mile- as do all the ladies there. It is certainly an added feature that the male members of the entertainment staff were all charming, witty and handsome (don't miss toga night) most memorable of them all is Durrelle Williams who glides among the guests with the charm of an ambassador and the eloquence of a prince.

Finally, Superbowl Sunday occurred during my visit and Breezes made a big-to-do about the otherwise boring game this year. I had intended to go check out 'fish fry' with the locals but decided to stay instead at the resort and party with my Breezes family.

I love Atlantis but it reminds me of Las Vegas. Breezes offers you a comfortable and casual island experience and getaway.

Room Tip: The higher rooms offer ocean views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sa002014
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Sa002014,
We are delighted that you had such a pleasant visit at Breezes Bahamas.Our team members
are without exception our most valuable resource.We are pleased that they connected so
positively with you during your stay.
Thank you for the invaluable feedback and taking the time to share.
Best Regards,
Jackson Weech.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We just returned from a week long vacation and were very impressed with the entire experience. The check-in process was very friendly and efficient. We arrived around 2pm, and though we couldn't get in our room until 3, the staff welcomed us with a Bahama Mama and invited us to enjoy lunch in the dining room while we waited. Our oceanfront room was on the 2nd floor and very nice. I do agree that the room smelled mildewy,as did the Piano Bar and some other areas. I do also understand the resort is not brand new and is located right on the beach. They are doing some beautiful renovations, many already completed, so maybe a new A/C system is in the plans as well. Overall, we found the food/dining choices to be really terrific. Many, many options for all palates and preferences. The beach is beautiful, and both it and the pool area are kept very clean. Housekeeping is perfect (shout out to Rosalie!) even though we were there during a slight glitch in the towel replacement process. Entertainment is pretty good. We're not much for all the games but it's great for those who are and if you don't want to take part you don't have to, or you can go sit on the beach. The only thing they could do differently is to have music playing in the pool area. That would be a huge plus. We found all the staff to be really friendly and helpful and they always said hello with a smile on their face every day. We would definitely recommend Breezes and hope to go back some day!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tracy D

Dear Tracy D,
Thank you for the feedback on Breezes Bahamas.It is encouraging to know that your vacation
met with expectations and that you were impressed.We trust that you will continue to make
Breezes Bahamas your resort of choice.
Again,thank you for visiting with Breezes Bahamas.
Regards

Reviewed February 8, 2014

For the most part we very much enjoyed our stay at the Breezes Hotel but some minor adjustments would have improved our vacation. The location of the hotel is great. The beach was very nice and was raked every day to clean up seaweed that washes up on the beach. The food selection was very good, with different items on the buffet every meal. We slept very well in the firm beds. For the most part, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and ensure we had a nice stay – they certainly made a difference.

A few areas that could be improved are listed below:

Check-In: We checked in at 2:30 and our room was not ready. We were told to come back at 3:00 but when we returned at 3:30 it was still not done. We were assigned another room but when we got up there, the room cardkeys would not work. Housekeeping let us in and advised we go to the front desk and get them reset. One of us unpacked while the other went back and got them reset. The 2nd set did not work either. Nor the 3rd set. By now it was supper time so we went to eat and then returned to the front desk to ask for a manager. He told us to go sit down as though we were little children and continued to do front desk work while we sat. About a half an hour later we approached him again and he gave us a 3rd room since the no one was able to get keys to work in our room. Not even a special master metal key would work in the lock. It was 8:30 PM before we finally moved to another room with help from Colin. All of this annoyance would have been avoided if someone would have been available to help us get into the room when we first reported the problem. Please remember that some of us have taken 2 or more planes to get here and have had next to no sleep so help us out.

Once we were settled in, the main issue for our entire stay was access to cold water and ice. There is easy access to soda pop which we do not drink and alcohol which only one of us drinks. It would have been wonderful to have a self-serve place we could go to take our freshly washed water bottles and fill them with cold water and ice without having to hand them to a bartender who has touched who-knows-what.

Getting our quota of clean towels was another daily hurdle. Sometimes it was well into the evening before we could get them. If the room cleaners had enough clean towels to restock the rooms at the same time as they clean them, both we and the cleaners would have saved a lot of time and foot mileage.

Most of the staff seemed friendly and helpful. The exception was the housekeeping staff (perhaps they are annoyed by a lack of towels?) and the female buffet servers (not sure why they are so crabby).

The main toaster cooks on only one side so it can take a good long time to get a piece of toast cooked properly.

The heat could be turned up on the buffet serving trays so the food is hot and not just luke warm.

We tried the hot fresh cooked omelettes to get around the cold breakfast food problem and they were good but we discontinued eating them when we saw a ¼ cup of oil being poured out for cooking. Less oil please.

We were unable to go to any of the evening entertainment shows because they were too loud. Do you really think the performance needs to be amplified?

We did not take part in afternoon outdoor activities but enjoyed walking the very long beach. We used the kayaks and peddle boat – hope the fellows at the picnic table were keeping an eye on everyone in the water (we only see an ocean on vacation) and not just chatting.

We appreciated that the security staff kept a keen eye on us at all times. We would walk outside at night and the guard knew our whereabouts and we thanked him before going back inside.

We used the #10, #12 and # 15 buses to go see the island. The #10 is the safest route.

The following staff members were outstanding: Richardo from security, Jarvis, Horatio, Polo, Andrew and Dennis at the buffet, and Colin at check-in.

Room Tip: Make sure your cardkeys work before unpacking and don’t get a maid to let you in if they are not wor...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank EverTraveling72

Dear EverTraveling72,

Thank you for sharing your review of Breezes Bahamas. We take the opportunity to apologize for the challenges highlighted that you encountered during your visit.
Your valued feedback will be shared with the management team as an opportunity for improvement, training and development in those areas mentioned.
We consistently receive positive feedback on our staff service however, we apologize that you encountered a few that were not so pleasant. We will use this as a opportunity to strengthen our delivery.
We should note that we have 4 bars located in the resort where cold bottle waters are served complimentary & if desired purchased at the hotel's gift shop. Ice can be provided at all the bar locations. We apologize if this was an inconvenience to you.
Again thank you for your constructive feedback. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We intended to go to the Breezes in December 2013 for our 35th Anniv. but I had to have radiation treatments, so we had to pass. However we got to go on Feb2 to Feb 6th. And damn it was great. Weather was a bonus 83 and sunny each day. They are constantly upgrading rooms, new showers, vanities, toilets and tile in the washrooms. The tiled floors in the rooms remains the same but in good order.
The buffet area has been remodelled and it is very very nice. Sure it is an older hotel but they work hard at keeping it maintained and clean.
The food at the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner was very good, and the two restaurants, Martino's and Garden of Eden serve a nice dinner with great service if you like to be waited on..
I still give the Breezes a solid 3 1/2 stars for their rooms and their hotel common areas. The service at the buffet is FANTASTIC. Overall their staff is terrific.
Sure there may be the odd inconvenience but nothing that should affect your vacation if your in the mood for relaxing and enjoying the great atmosphere their staff offers.
Are we going back ?? Damn right.. Great bang for your buck.
Oh, I hit another $1,104. jackpot at the Crystal Palace, that's 4 jackpots in 3 trips.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank barbandjoe
resortgmNassau, General Manager at Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Hi Barbandjoe,
Thanks for the positive review.Particuarly glad to know that you are coming back!
Please be assured as noted that we are committed to the continual improvement
of all aspects of our product.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
All the Best,

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Pros: great food even at the buffet! Martinos was good. I dont think The garden of Eden gets enough credit, we ate there twice! The service and everything they brought to the table was excellent. The games on the beach and the entertainment at night was fun! The ocean view from our room and the lobby room was beautiful!! The #10 Bus (directly outside of the resort) comes often if you want to take a ride into downtown for $1.25!

Cons: the "bartenders" or drink pourers were not very friendly. I was really disappointed in the Bahama mama, it's usually my favorite drink but It was premade in a jug, it was warm so the ice melted fast. I'm really not too picky but I just wanted a good drink in the Bahamas! The rum punch was a little better but not much. The kalik (sp?) beer was actually pretty good but when they use the reusable plastic cups it was awful! the throw away plastic was much better. The maids forgot to give us fresh towels twice during our 5 day stay. I don't get annoyed easily but after being in the sun/beach/pool all day I wanted to get back to my room and shower. Lots of bees by the pool bar and lots of seagulls trying to steal your food (I cant blame the hotel for that..it happens). It's a little hard to relax on the beach with the women trying to braid your hair and sell things I just politely said "no thank you" and they walked away. The guys trying to get you to jetski and snorkel were more pushy. I tried to stay away from them haha.

Overall great vacation for the price with a beautiful view. I got a really good rum punch at a restaurant downtown :)

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Bethel20555

Dear Bethel20555,
Thank you for sharing your observations on Breezes Bahamas.We are pleased that you
found our culinary fare to your liking in addition to our activities and accommodation.The
comments relating to our beverage team are a marked departure from the norm.Our feedback
on the beverage service at our bars is generally exceptional.The engaging personalities
and ability to recognize guests standout as positives for this team.Despite the foregoing
your concern has been shared with the entire team.Our mission is to ensure that all of our
clients are pleased with service delivery.
We can advise that we have just reorganized our pool beverage facilty.We have
repositioned our soda dispenser and this has resulted in the virtual elimination of bees.
We have been able to cross reference your visit with a short term challenge we encountered
with our linen service.This opportunity has been since been rectified.
We are grateful for your feedback..
Best Regards,
General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassau
Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
#1 of 37 in Nassau
British Colonial Hilton Nassau
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Breezes Resort & Spa Bahamas? Share your experiences!